Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

IT: The Ghost Dimension
IT: The Second Story
2 I 2 T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Motherfucker, you were so close to 2 It 2 Quit. Which is clearly the correct title.

You had the shot!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

It 2: The Quickening

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
So IT Goes

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Its just going to be "IT: Part 2", "IT: Book 2" or something like that.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Look Who's IT 2

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Revenge of the It.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I Still Know What You Did 27 Summers Ago

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
IT Part 2 is such a massive risk to take. Even if IT is a huge hit basically everything about it that people like won't be in the second one. It'll no longer be a period piece cashing in on 80s nostalgia and it won't have the young cast that people like. What's going to separate it from being just your standard modern day horror film?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
It's Too

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

IT Part 2 is such a massive risk to take. Even if IT is a huge hit basically everything about it that people like won't be in the second one. It'll no longer be a period piece cashing in on 80s nostalgia and it won't have the young cast that people like. What's going to separate it from being just your standard modern day horror film?

Ensemble cast of A-Listers.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Should have kept both parts in their original settings so that both films could work as a nostalgic period piece.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Honestly, very little of what we've seen is really cashing in on 80s nostalgia. Most shots from the film could easily take place in 2017. It's there, but it's not Stranger Things. Hell, you could convince someone who's not paying attention that what we've seen of the Georgie scene takes place in the 50s.

The one true strength of the 1986 parts of both the book and the miniseries is that the adult versions of the characters somehow feel more vulnerable than they were in they were children. One thing that's been very prevalent in a lot of recent media is this promise of possibility in childhood being lost and broken. I think an It sequel that takes the themes and runs them in more interesting places can be good and also more visceral and cutting if it's specifically about the people who are in their thirties and forties now.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
It sequel...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the sewer and ride your friends.

Edit: Back in the poo poo?

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 3, 2017

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

You'll Float 2

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Tim Whatley posted:

You'll Float 2

Winner.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
It: The Legend of Carly's Gold
It 2: Mannequin on the Move
It2: The Desolation of Smaug

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
It Episode II: Attack of the Clownes

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
The Fucks Are At IT Again!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Just call it IT (2019) and say repeatedly that its both a sequel and a reimagining.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Mantis42 posted:

Just call it IT (2019) and say repeatedly that its both a sequel and a reimagining.

It's a remake except the Losers are now played by adults, so if you dislike this movie you're ageist

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm ready to see some reviews for the 2017 horror movie IT.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ITS

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
IT: The Next Chapter

I'm so stoked for this. The book was a mindfuck reading it at like age 15.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Shovel yourself out of the shIT!

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Michael Jackson's Stephen King's This Is It

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Back in the HabIT

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So according to early reviews on horror subredit, the film is very graphic and contains scenes that will disturb you even after movie is over.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So according to early reviews on horror subredit, the film is very graphic and contains scenes that will disturb you even after movie is over.

that scene confirmed

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Finally, somebody adapts King right.

It's about time. Maybe this will be a palate cleanser after the shitweasel debacle.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

My friend told me that an early screening said you watch Georgie lose his arm but I'm not sure if it's true?

I know there's another confirmed scene with Pennywise eating his arm though. Either way, pretty hosed up!

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
IT: Return to Derry

Or

IT: You can't come home

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Sincerely guessing IT with a / across it.
But leaning towards It's IT!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Das Boo posted:

Sincerely guessing IT with a / across it.
But leaning towards It's IT!

I/T

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Algebra: The Movie

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I|T:R

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
2 LegIT 2 quit

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The post credit scene will be Cousin Itt from the Addams Family showing up in the sewers to talk to Pennywise. The IT Cinematic Universe or ICU.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
It 2: How Pennywise Got Its Groove Back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The IT Crowd

it's a comedy cross-over

EDIT: It 2: Pennywise vs. Nickelback

Martman fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 5, 2017

• Locked thread