Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Matts solo stuff is pretty good, bible black is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wait, Liam isn't a ghost? I thought Woolie killed him for forgetting the cookies too many times.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

RareAcumen posted:

Wait, Liam isn't a ghost? I thought Woolie killed him for forgetting the cookies too many times.

Matt spirited him away before Woolie found the machete.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

smuh posted:

Agreed on this, DS1 was pretty much just as good to me as 2 even though both are quite different. Hell if DS3 had split screen I would be hoping for a playthrough of that too if only so they could show off one of the coolest things in the game (co op player seeing different poo poo than the other guy) and I guess the writing in it might have been just stupid enough to riff on in a fun way.

Though I do get why they wouldn't want to play it. Hell, I liked it a lot when it came out but only because I have ever played it in cooperative mode and outside of that it's straight up awful pretty much!

e: also I just realized how super fine I would be with a new Dead Space game. Would obviously have to be a prequel or a new universe or something because you know, the ending to the DS3 DLC where everyone on earth loving dies thanks to an unbeatable necromorph planet which will consume all living life forever. Hell maybe there were multiples of those too.
Anyways everything was forever hosed for everyone

Yes for just $9.99 everyone can experience the amazing revelation that nothing the player did ever mattered, and they spent up to over $180 and countless hours over 5 years for literally no payoff except "Rocks Fall, Everyone Zombies". Then again considering what a bleak shithole the Dead Space universe is, maybe that's for the best.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 31, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'll be Grouchio for a day and wonder if Pat is aware that FINAL FANTASY XIV: DAD(DY) OF LIGHT is hitting Netflix soon. I feel like that would've become a SBFP meme if so.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dias posted:

I'll be Grouchio for a day and wonder if Pat is aware that FINAL FANTASY XIV: DAD(DY) OF LIGHT is hitting Netflix soon. I feel like that would've become a SBFP meme if so.
Suit yourself.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Pat's stream is super strong today, insane amouts of 『CRAZY TALK』.

And "I was angrier than he was black" is a fantastic quote.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dias posted:

Wait what? How many more movies does ffxiv need to tell its story? I'm guessing this is about the dad king we've see from that bad beat-em up?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Stink Terios posted:

Pat's stream is super strong today, insane amouts of 『CRAZY TALK』.

And "I was angrier than he was black" is a fantastic quote.

Pat also mentions the one video a day is going to keep going for a while because they're recording Shitstorm

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FauxGateau posted:

Wait what? How many more movies does ffxiv need to tell its story? I'm guessing this is about the dad king we've see from that bad beat-em up?

It's a documentary about somebody playing the MMO (FFXIV) with their father or something like that. Nothing to do with the plot of anything.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Phantasium posted:

It's a documentary about somebody playing the MMO (FFXIV) with their father or something like that. Nothing to do with the plot of anything.

Huh well I wasn't expecting that. That actually sounds kinda cool.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Daddy of Light sounds hilariously weird from any trailer or look at it. A young guy basically tries to get his dad to play the game to secretly or something bond with him again, so the dad doesn't know it's him, but the son makes friends with him on there and something something, also the son plays the catpeople race in the game and a catgirl at that.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Blockhouse posted:

Pat also mentions the one video a day is going to keep going for a while because they're recording Shitstorm

I hope they're going back to the daily low-budget indie horror setup. I know it's probably the hardest way to make Shitstorm, but it paid off so well. All those mysterious jogos.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

It's strange that Dead Space 2 isn't part of Shitstorm even though it has every qualification to.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yardbomb posted:

Daddy of Light sounds hilariously weird from any trailer or look at it. A young guy basically tries to get his dad to play the game to secretly or something bond with him again, so the dad doesn't know it's him, but the son makes friends with him on there and something something, also the son plays the catpeople race in the game and a catgirl at that.

Umm I gotta watch this now.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

FauxGateau posted:

Umm I gotta watch this now.

The promotional stuff for it is just as odd too, it's great.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I recently decided to putMatt and Liam's archive stream of Sonic Mania on in the background while doing some work and ended up getting pretty frustrated by it. Part of that's on me because I love Sonic Mania and I just wanted a stream jerking it off like I would, but part of it is just a big ole trip down memory lane into why I'm glad Liam's not a part of the channel anymore. He always struck me as the younger brother who was always less funny and always more insecure and desperate to fit in, and so came off as more fake than anyone else, and I got a bunch of that here.

I'll say this though - he got way better as the video went on while Matt just checked the gently caress out about halfway through. Like I realize now that was actually what annoyed me the most about this thing; the dude acted like a curmudgeonly black hole of fun for 2+ hours rather than just saying "You know what, this isn't working for me. I gotta peace-out dude" and just let Liam enjoy the game on it's own merits. I find it so weird that Matt's enthusiasm for stuff he helps create can wax and wane so drastically - I'm loving The Bug Report and his other channel stuff, but he's almost always such a chore on the podcast (that time where he sulked after Austin Creed called him out for telling a long story that went nowhere sticks out) and when he does stuff like this in-between vacations and is only really enjoyable in 3-person videos I just wonder what's going on. Hopefully the Dead Space series will bring me back around.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Grouchio posted:

It's strange that Dead Space 2 isn't part of Shitstorm even though it has every qualification to.

Because it's a full playthrough and it's September, it's not strange at all.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
When Matt isn't really into/gets upset by a thing, it becomes super noticeable and it tends to drag down the videos, I've said this before and it still stands true. He's really energetic and adds a lot when he's fully engaged, or when he finds something tangentially related to the game to get excited about, but he's also the one that deflates the quickest and you feel it when his co-commentator starts getting sandbagged all the time. One of the issues I had with Liam was that he tended to pick games that HE wanted to play, but that didn't REALLY play out on an LP format all that well. It's how you ended up with Astro Boy, Doggone Ron Paul and Command Mission. It works better on his stream since he can just drop stuff he thinks isn't working or play something else for a while, but Sonic Mania reminded me of that.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Well the other thing I had with Liam was that I had virtually no overlap with his interests so I ended up skipping all "his" LPs, including Dangan Ronpa and Command Mission. Mania was the first of his videos I was interested in watching since Castlevania, which I think Matt was also the colour guy on. I can't remember how well they worked together there either.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think Liam's really funny but it comes in short bursts or is really subtle

also his solo streams tend to be really good and chill

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It was cool to see Liam's playthrough of Yakuza 0 and juxtapose it with Matt & Pat's playthrough since Liam had basically no real knowledge of Yakuza vs. Pat's extensive knowledge, so you wound up with different amounts of theorycrafting and reactions to things.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, I recommend Liam streams if you just want something to put on the background while you go play some vidyas or shitpost around, the ones that aren't full LPs are pretty much just him shooting the poo poo with his viewers.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
also like pat he cries his rear end off at the end of nier automata

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I enjoyed him torturing himself with endless card games for a month to the point of double LPing two KH games simultaneously and realizing that was a horrible mistake, so the end of those just turned into "How can we horribly cheese this stupid card system to get this over with?".

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Did they ever say if they're going to do an LP of Yakuza Kiwami?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
A machinima video of it just went up today.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Did they ever say if they're going to do an LP of Yakuza Kiwami?

Pat has adamantly denied one being planned due to how long Zero took. He's not even sure he's gonna stream it either.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blockhouse posted:

also like pat he cries his rear end off at the end of nier automata

Is there a youtube archive of his nier automata playthrough?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

Is there a youtube archive of his nier automata playthrough?

Yeah for both though Liam's archive has 2 hours of him failing to beat ending E in offline mode because "oops PSN died so there is no online mode." Pat just has 4 to 6 hour videos 'cause when Pat binges he loving binges hard.

edit: Liam's Nier automata playlist. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg1dmg5vyaL6sIUBhYERFM7G2kTpPKOpp

Pat's Nier automata playlist. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPXYESFhUD6S9jIwn9bk-KNygozo7HZSv

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 3, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I saw Pat's run, it was super good. Did Paige ever wind up playing it?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Liam's or Pat's: Which seems better?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat and Matt getting upset at how they tentatively like Warriors

also getting REALLY upset when they realize that lady is the prince's mom

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I'll enjoy anything that William's in but holy moly I'm with Matt and Pat; Koei are they making it a hard sell with those furry characters.

Pat's right, the mechanics do look fun though!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I wasn't the biggest fan of Liam but some of the best things on the channel involve him.

He basically doing a speedrun of Shattered Memories (a game he'd never played!) and getting the best ending as a result and he and Pat's journey through Shut Up and Jam Gaiden are both top tier SBF stuff.

I wish he would have done more Castlevania stuff before he left, too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Pat and Matt getting upset at how they tentatively like Warriors

Why's that? From the way you're describing it, they're ruining their street cred by saying they like it or something. :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Why's that? From the way you're describing it, they're ruining their street cred by saying they like it or something. :v:

I mean it's a warriors game, I'd be upset if I found myself liking it

that it's yiff central exists on top of that

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dexie posted:

I wasn't the biggest fan of Liam but some of the best things on the channel involve him.

He basically doing a speedrun of Shattered Memories (a game he'd never played!) and getting the best ending as a result and he and Pat's journey through Shut Up and Jam Gaiden are both top tier SBF stuff.

I wish he would have done more Castlevania stuff before he left, too.
I loved all the Pat and Liam stuff, so it's disappointing to me when he said that they basically don't really interact off the channel, since Woolie and Matt still show up often.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I mean it's a warriors game, I'd be upset if I found myself liking it

that it's yiff central exists on top of that

If you're worried about avoiding yiff central, you probably don't wanna be LPing Starfox or NitW. :v:

Or Sonic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
This is straight-up out of some sitcom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ4Q99FDIB8&t=2372s