Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i demand mandatory bodycams for antifa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I'm poor as hell yet I've somehow interacted with police I don't know dozens of times without getting shot.

Checks out given your apparent level of intelligence.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

deadgoon posted:

i demand mandatory bodycams for antifa

All 200 demonstrators forgot to turn their bodycams on, whoops

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i'm wishy washy centrist enough to believe that not all cops are rabid murderous nazis but seriously, look at how things are shaping up post-cville. antifa are terrorists and nazis are just part of the discourse. the police will, in general, not protect leftist protestors

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

sneakyfrog posted:

are you white?

I post on Something Awful don't I?

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's been three loving weeks, have you not read or watched anything from the event? Are you even sure that Cville was a real event that actually happened?

Go gently caress yourself, the onus is not on me to prove a well established fact. Google it your own drat self. I don't have to entertain your bad faith bullshit.

I did Google it, and nothing came up about violence at a Jefferson statue.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I did Google it, and nothing came up about violence at a Jefferson statue.

you are dumb as gently caress lol

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

In 99% of cases people aren't shot by the police unless they're committing a crime.

What the absolute gently caress are you even talking about?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I demand mandatory HD footage of the fash being humiliated and a medal for the comrades who manage to make a nazi blubber on film.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/25/us/charlottesville-protest-police.html?mcubz=0

Brave boys in blue, protecting people fron the nazis.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

"submit to the authority of the police and let them stomp your brains out, then when the courts rule your death was unjust you'll be vindicated" -- centrist liberals

[two weeks later]

"it is the finding of the court that the officer acted appropriately"

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

dO u HaVe aNy pRoFf ThE CoPs DiDnT Do AnYtHiNG

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
stop arguing with jeb! he's being willfully dense so let him stew in his own stupidity.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Jeb! Repetition posted:

your experiences may differ a bit than my neighborhood. what is hashtagtheresistance doing about that save ignoring it? I'm all for devils advocacy and a debate but thus far its just been anecdotal bullshit about violence being wrong. If you dont see any evidence whatsoever that the designated wielders of state and federal violence are at the very least suspect in areas i dont know what to tell you other than call you a bad faith arguing dipshit that should

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

stop arguing with jeb! he's being willfully dense so let him stew in his own stupidity.

srrsly just make fun of them

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The enemy is out there, on youtube, not in here!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Montasque posted:

The enemy is out there, on youtube, not in here!

To let things slide for the sake of peace and friendship when a person has clearly gone wrong, and refrain from principled argument because he is an old acquaintance, a fellow townsman, a schoolmate, a close friend, a loved one, an old colleague or old subordinate. Or to touch on the matter lightly instead of going into it thoroughly, so as to keep on good terms. The result is that both the organization and the individual are harmed. This is one type of liberalism.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

To let things slide for the sake of peace and friendship when a person has clearly gone wrong, and refrain from principled argument because he is an old acquaintance, a fellow townsman, a schoolmate, a close friend, a loved one, an old colleague or old subordinate. Or to touch on the matter lightly instead of going into it thoroughly, so as to keep on good terms. The result is that both the organization and the individual are harmed. This is one type of liberalism.

thats a whole lotta words for "call fuckers out on bullshit"

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
personally i just dont give a poo poo about jeb!'s opinions because it's literally the personification of the real jeb! given form on the forums of something awful. and just like in real life this jeb! is a waste. he's a mess! :sad:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

sneakyfrog posted:

thats a whole lotta words for "call fuckers out on bullshit"

google the quote, get :thejoke:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

google the quote, get :thejoke:

I dont want to get put on the commie list though :ohdear:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

sneakyfrog posted:

if you're posting in CSPAM or anywhere else on the SA forums you're probably being tracked already

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

sneakyfrog posted:

you post on sjw commie central. you're already on all the lists.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

sneakyfrog posted:

your experiences may differ a bit than my neighborhood. what is hashtagtheresistance doing about that save ignoring it? I'm all for devils advocacy and a debate but thus far its just been anecdotal bullshit about violence being wrong. If you dont see any evidence whatsoever that the designated wielders of state and federal violence are at the very least suspect in areas i dont know what to tell you other than call you a bad faith arguing dipshit that should

I don't think the police are perfect but reform is a lot more effective than trying to be a vigilante superhero.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Oh delightful.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

sneakyfrog posted:

we are on the list. Also this thread is possibly the most "on the list" possible.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Montasque posted:

we are on the list. Also this thread is possibly the most "on the list" possible.

:nsamad:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Why don't them antifa just sit back and let nazis brutalize people until we've figured out police reform???
:goonsay:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I don't think the police are perfect but reform is a lot more effective than trying to be a vigilante superhero.

a public trust, should hold themselves to a standard that is both transparent and above reproach if indeed the public is going to trust its defense to it.

if indeed that public trust is violated and useless to entire groups of people, the burden of its failure is not on the people who fill the gap while twitter liberals argue about which pronouns are acceptable and which food choices make you sexist. that lazy "well it doesnt effect me" bullshit is at least 50% of the problem.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Source?

In 99% of cases people aren't shot by the police unless they're committing a crime.

Jeb noooooo

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Jeb noooooo
every thread gets its own personal MAGA chud moron :shobon:

seeing those protesters getting clearly mobbed & beaten was incredibly damning, and there really should've been a massive flood of public criticism resulting from it (though, the lack of outrage in the media was completely unsurprising)

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Did you know we have police to stop that?

Police don't exist to protect the poor, they're there to protect property so people like you won't sob yourself to death over broken windows.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

the only thing worse than nazi youtube is ancap youtube

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Kjoery posted:

every thread gets its own personal MAGA chud moron :shobon:

seeing those protesters getting clearly mobbed & beaten was incredibly damning, and there really should've been a massive flood of public criticism resulting from it (though, the lack of outrage in the media was completely unsurprising)

I'm no MAGA chud, bud.

sneakyfrog posted:

a public trust, should hold themselves to a standard that is both transparent and above reproach if indeed the public is going to trust its defense to it.

if indeed that public trust is violated and useless to entire groups of people, the burden of its failure is not on the people who fill the gap while twitter liberals argue about which pronouns are acceptable and which food choices make you sexist. that lazy "well it doesnt effect me" bullshit is at least 50% of the problem.

Are police useless to entire groups of people though?

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Source?

The police are not your friend Jeb https://antifainternational.tumblr.com/post/164904033984/do-you-think-police-can-mobilize-as-a-force-for

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I'm no MAGA chud, bud.

Are police useless to entire groups of people though?

It's pretty easy to argue that those communities that are unfairly treated by police ie ones that aren't rich white guys can find police fairly useless, friend Jeb.

Reform is a great idea but it takes time and until it happens something has to pick up the slack.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Do you have a source besides antifainternational.tumblr.com

gently caress Whitey posted:

It's pretty easy to argue that those communities that are unfairly treated by police ie ones that aren't rich white guys can find police fairly useless, friend Jeb.

Reform is a great idea but it takes time and until it happens something has to pick up the slack.

Antifa isn't trying to pick up any slack that exists though. Their main goal is to make the left look bad at various protests, not to protect vulnerable communities from racist violence.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This guy posts like this all day?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

This guy posts like this all day?

yeah, it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Antifa isn't trying to pick up any slack that exists though. Their main goal is to make the left look bad at various protests, not to protect vulnerable communities from racist violence.

Citation needed, friend Jeb, given that antifa tend to be pretty far left themselves.