Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Spite posted:

Here's my basketball hot take: Marc is currently better than Pau ever was. He doesn't have as many moves on offense but his defense is so, so much better than his brother.

My Hiphop hot take: Illmatic falls off after the first half.

Pau was the best player on two championship teams and a top 5 player for several years. Marc has fallen off considerably over the last couple years, largely cause of his health, is not "currently" even a top 5 center. Even if he gets back to where he was ~3-4 years ago Lakers Pau was much better, and was a great defender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

hitze posted:

T-Shirt
Call Casting
Bad and Boujee
Get Right Witcha
Slippery
What the Price
Kelly Price

thats all you need from culture

Big on Big, Deadz(2Chains verse is flames)

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Are the gasol brothers the best brother pair to ever play or am I forgetting something obvious

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Time posted:

Are the gasol brothers the best brother pair to ever play or am I forgetting something obvious

Wilt Chamberlain and whoever his brother was imo.

EDIT: Even if his brother died in the womb.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Definitely, and better than any of the father/son duos unless some major star of the past few decades was a secret Wilt lovechild. Carter and McGrady are cousins, but even they're close but not quite as good. Unless we pretend Moses and Karl were related the Gasols are the best basketball family.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Maree and Lauren Jackson are the best basketball mother and daughter team tho imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Reggie and Cheryl Miller

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Just wait for Bol Bol

or maybe Lebron Jr

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 3, 2017

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point

DeimosRising posted:

Definitely, and better than any of the father/son duos unless some major star of the past few decades was a secret Wilt lovechild. Carter and McGrady are cousins, but even they're close but not quite as good. Unless we pretend Moses and Karl were related the Gasols are the best basketball family.

delonte and lebron

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Lockback posted:

Pau was really good defensively too though. Not in the same way Marc is/was, but I don't think the gap is as big as you think.

Shutting down Dwight was impressive at the time (Bynum did some of the work too, I wonder if he ruined his knees forever in that series)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

dokmo posted:

Markkanen's heroic iso the possession before he fell:

https://streamable.com/zstmq

You can't blame him for getting the clamps put on him by Slovenian legend Anthony Randolph

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
more moves for danny manic?

https://twitter.com/Celticcs/status/904379636943028227

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Why didn't Boston go after Nerlens?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/904393464607121410

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

With what cap space

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Lavar owns

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I wonder if he will give LiAngelo a shoe after he is done with UCLA. I also wonder if UCLA is pissed they probably won't be able to get LaMelo now.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
I thought Celts were going after Boogie next year?

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
i can't wait till the season starts and fewer than 50% of the basketball news is lavar ball running around shouting "give me attention" into a megaphone

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Spacebump posted:

I wonder if he will give LiAngelo a shoe after he is done with UCLA. I also wonder if UCLA is pissed they probably won't be able to get LaMelo now.

I wonder why this rear end in a top hat deserves more attention

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

#TeamLavar til i die

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

Khagan posted:

Boston will have no cap space now with Kyrie. They have nothing to send Detroit to match for Drummond, unless they send Horford, which is bad to do with a guy like that and Horford is better than Drummond anyway.

This is likely the Boston team now for the next couple years, unless they package up their young guys+ Lakers pick.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ever since Hedo I have been in favour of Ball and this crazy old man yelling at everyone isn't going to change my mind. I hope his sons are very successful and he ends up fighting Stephen A in a kiddy pool.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
The rumours have always been them targeting Davis long term. I think they could still have enough to do it in the summer if the Pelicans believe AD is going to walk, though he would still have three years left on his contract so it would have to be a real mega haul.

Horford + Brown or Tatum + Lakers top 5 pick + Memphis '19 1st rounder

for

Davis + Asik salary dump

But as I said, with three years left New Orleans would still probably say no.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
there's no thread for it so I just want to say it's bugging me how this Eurobasket commentator calls every three a dagger

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Khagan posted:

They are going after Cousins and Davis right now!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

tanglewood1420 posted:

The rumours have always been them targeting Davis long term. I think they could still have enough to do it in the summer if the Pelicans believe AD is going to walk, though he would still have three years left on his contract so it would have to be a real mega haul.

Horford + Brown or Tatum + Lakers top 5 pick + Memphis '19 1st rounder

for

Davis + Asik salary dump

But as I said, with three years left New Orleans would still probably say no.

Brown + Tatum + Lakers + Memphis would make them maybe consider it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Kibner posted:

I don't think they would consider it. My understanding is Benson doesn't want to start a rebuild before he dies.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Spacebump posted:

I don't think they would consider it. My understanding is Benson doesn't want to start a rebuild before he dies.

Benson doesn't know who anthony davis is

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Kibner posted:

Wow, that's like, 32 players traded for Anthony Davis! Can Boston trade the Pels the Lakers and Memphis G-League affiliates too...?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

Benson doesn't know who anthony davis is

His wife does, however, and she is who he bought the team for.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The B_36 posted:

Wow, that's like, 32 players traded for Anthony Davis! Can Boston trade the Pels the Lakers and Memphis G-League affiliates too...?

Might need to in order for salaries to match.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSg8Dxd-xlM

PERKELE

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
LaMelo going to china and dropping like 40 a game would be very fun although I am concerned Lavar would accidentally start WWIII somehow

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

candide posted:

delonte and lebron

Actually, I think you'll find https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0spXnX0l638

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Spite posted:

Here's my basketball hot take: Marc is currently better than Pau ever was. He doesn't have as many moves on offense but his defense is so, so much better than his brother.

I think Marc is a cooler player if not better. It's a shame he's been on no spacing ultragrit teams his entire career.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I dont know if thats a shame really, those bully Memphis teams were awesome

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

MourningView posted:

LaMelo going to china and dropping like 40 a game would be very fun although I am concerned Lavar would accidentally start WWIII somehow

I mostly don't care about Lavar but everything he can do to ridicule NCAAs stupid rules about players likenesses is welcomed. Big baller.

No joke, LaMelo going to the d league route would be pretty cool and he'd be a pretty good test case as he can withstand a lot of the risk.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

It's hard for me to believe Marc is better than Pau. People forget how amazing Pau was in his prime. He has seasons with more winshares than Marc ever did in both Memphis and LA. Pau has the problem of playing during the golden age of power forwards. This causes people to underrate him. There is no shame in being worse than Dirk, Duncan, and KG.

Pau is a top __ player of all time? I would guess at least 50 but have never put much thought into the question.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

FIBA just posted the 2 minute highlight package. That Markkanen guy looks pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbxyIWpioEA

• Locked thread