Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Of course he gave it six months so they can help rebuild the coast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
This is super bad news, but if there's anyone who can gently caress up getting rid of DACA, it's our moron racist president. This is an issue where a motivated base can make a huge impact; even quite a few Republican lawmakers have been opposing doing away with DACA, and as a group Dreamers are photogenic, sympathetic, and well organized. This is one we can win, potentially.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

moostaffa posted:

Also people in their 30s with jobs and families.

I just realized something: since they have their names and addresses, ICE can literally just go to their homes and attack them and deport them now and is literally going to do that in 6 months?

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
https://apnews.com/8b4e2dbdfed14711a55371c6e84f1015

quote:

MIAMI (AP) — A Miami sandwich shop bicycle delivery man was struck by an unmarked police car — and then jailed for 12 hours.

The Miami Herald reports that 19-year-old Jimmy John’s delivery man Mason Morales was on his bicycle and in a crosswalk when Miami police officer Kenia Fallat struck his bike Thursday and knocked him to the pavement.

Morales responded by throwing his bike at the car, denting the passenger door. Morales told the newspaper that Fallat had been on her phone. He says he knew he was in trouble when Fallat got out of the car and he saw her uniform.

“The whole thing was pretty awful and stupid,” Morales said. “I don’t think I should have been brought in for that.”

Morales was handcuffed, charged with criminal mischief and taken to jail until his mother bailed him out at 3 a.m. Friday. Morales said he was also ticketed for failing to yield the right of way.

Fallat and Miami Police declined comment. The damage to the car was estimated at $500.

Morales said incidents with cars are fairly common while delivering food in Miami.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Zoro posted:

I just realized something: since they have their names and addresses, ICE can literally just go to their homes and attack them and deport them now and is literally going to do that in 6 months?

Yeah, the risk with DACA is that if it ever got ended or cancelled, ICE would have a very handy list of where everybody is and could just swoop in and detain them. Six months and a day from his announcement on Tuesday, unless it's fixed, you'll see mass arrests and detentions across the nation.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Zoro posted:

Lol if you think they're going to wait.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Zoro posted:

Yes, this is the big problem. It's the same issue as the transgender ban, most of these people already came out and now they're trying to pull the rug out from under them.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Jesus christ, why the gently caress won't any of his staff stand up to him? loving hell, reporters need to give him hell when they see him

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I really want to leave this country.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
But Trumps only truly working part of his government is ICE. Consequences be damned he will deport anyone he deems at this point (see brown skinned and/or speaking different languages)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Willo567 posted:

Jesus christ, why the gently caress won't any of his staff stand up to him? loving hell, reporters need to give him hell when they see him

There isn't a single member of Trump's staff who doesn't agree with him that there are too many non-whites in America.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Pollyanna posted:

My wife and I already made the decision to go back to Europe. Can't take this loving place any more.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Willo567 posted:

He won't do press conferences.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pakled posted:

There isn't a single member of Trump's staff who doesn't agree with him that there are too many non-whites in America.

Military guys most likely don't give a poo poo.

Military has always been in favor of putting more meat in the grinder.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

FizFashizzle posted:

God, this loving sucks

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Pakled posted:

Sources close to Ivanka and Jared said they tried to care but had other things to do.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Okay, am I wrong in saying that we're reaching a boiling point? There's only so much horror that can happen before poo poo starts to hit the fan. I really think the near future of the United States will be incredibly turbulent at best.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Same.

Any Canadians in Vancouver need a fake wife? I'm adorable and parents love me!*

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

*May not apply to hardcore racists but I'm pretty good at winning folks over in person.

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 4, 2017

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe
I decided to look into it and this could effect around 800,000 people.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Pollyanna posted:

Okay, am I wrong in saying that we're reaching a boiling point? There's only so much horror that can happen before poo poo starts to hit the fan. I really think the near future of the United States will be incredibly turbulent at best.

We won't reach the boiling point until mass amounts of peoples' wallets start feeling the pain.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

gently caress that loving piece of poo poo

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Mendrian posted:

At what point do these two countries stop saying, "Well if you do X, then we'll do Y?" and actually hash out what diplomatic relations look like from now on?

North Korea has some pretty impossible to meet demands, like unifying both Koreas under the Norths political power system and the US to stop existing

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Would this DACA repeal be bad enough for dreamers to make asylum claims in another country?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

FizFashizzle posted:

He also demands a portfolio of positive news stories about him to be presented every day if memory serves

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

BrandorKP posted:

Would this DACA repeal be bad enough for dreamers to make asylum claims in another country?

That still represents the disruption of their lives and great economic hardship for them to actually make it to another country in most cases.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pollyanna posted:

Don't worry Hillary's running again and has a swank new website

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/904484186291089408

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

BrandorKP posted:

The issue is most don't have a Passport, they can't get a US Passport, and the one from their country is likely not going to let them travel without a visa.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Don't worry. He is only going after the Bad Hombres. Like paramedics saving people during hurricanes.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe
Man, talk about opposite worlds.

Right now, we are righteously recognizing the horror of 800,000 people being deported unjustly while, simultaneously, pro-Trump people are too busy laughing because HRC made a website. It really says a lot about Pro-Trumpers priorities: "800,000 people suffering is nothing compared to the lulz of HRC making a website!"'

It is so strange. Literally, as Trump callously threatens to ruin the lives of thousands, they are thinking "HRC website that shits on sanders is going to turn all the anti-trumpers into trumpatars!!!" How disconnected from reality can you be?

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

Remember to keep a tally of how many GOP members will come out to oppose the DACA decision (Hint: It won't be hard, you'll be able to count them on one hand)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Zoro posted:

Man, talk about opposite worlds.

Right now, we are righteously recognizing the horror of 800,000 people being deported unjustly while, simultaneously, pro-Trump people are too busy laughing because HRC made a website. It really says a lot about Pro-Trumpers priorities: "800,000 people suffering is nothing compared to the lulz of HRC making a website!"'

It is so strange. Literally, as Trump callously threatens to ruin the lives of thousands, they are thinking "HRC website that shits on sanders is going to turn all the anti-trumpers into trumpatars!!!" How disconnected from reality can you be?

repubs haven't had empathy for many decades, friend.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
The message that they send with this is clear, if you come out open and take advantage of a goverment program to let you stay, they will use the address that you gave them in good faith to be later deported.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

moostaffa posted:

Remember to keep a tally of how many GOP members will come out to oppose the DACA decision (Hint: It won't be hard, you'll be able to count them on one hand)

Paul ryan already came out and said trump shouldn't do it.

It's another nail in the coffin for house republicans in 2018 as you'll have every Hispanic person in the world showing up to vote

also lol Jeff flake

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Could courts step in?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So whats the chance this gets challenged/stopped on a citywide basis.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

What a dumb fat racist piece of poo poo

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
God I despise this hateful idiot nation.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Death to the GOP. Actual loving death.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Could courts step in?

Its an executive order, not law so no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Celexi posted:

The message that they send with this is clear, if you come out open and take advantage of a goverment program to let you stay, they will use the address that you gave them in good faith to be later deported.

And some Republicans wonder why minorities won't vote for them and don't trust the government.

• Locked thread