Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

The Dakota Kai vs Kavita Devi match has 1.3 million views on YouTube as of this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9TZNPmEBnk

I hope this doesn't end with Kavita getting a push onto the main roster too early, but knowing WWE, it'll happen. :sigh:

I should mention that as far as I can tell, it isn't translating to network views though, so who knows!

Probably just people wanting to see that fuckin' kick at the finish (which, lol, the finish is basically the only thing cut from that clip)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

DarkstarIV posted:

The Dakota Kai vs Kavita Devi match has 1.3 million views on YouTube as of this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9TZNPmEBnk

I hope this doesn't end with Kavita getting a push onto the main roster too early, but knowing WWE, it'll happen. :sigh:

I should mention that as far as I can tell, it isn't translating to network views though, so who knows!

It was hilarious to me listening to Kavita Devi's promo, and I think they'll realise it as well. She would kill what little legitimacy Jinder Mahal's gimmick has because she makes it so markedly obvious that he's a Canadian guy, with a Canadian accent.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Man, Candice did quite well at every aspect of wrestling in her match except for running, which is a shame because when you work a quick style like hers, running is a huge part of wrestling. I don't know if it was her ring attire causing it or something, but pretty much every time she ran at her opponent looked awkward and hesitant as hell

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I can't actually find a bracket that doesn't have spoilers in it since the matches are already taped, so I made one with my amazing ms paint skills. Here is where it should all stand going into Monday.
Also I guess don't go looking for a bracket if you don't want spoilers.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Jenny Angel posted:

Man, Candice did quite well at every aspect of wrestling in her match except for running, which is a shame because when you work a quick style like hers, running is a huge part of wrestling. I don't know if it was her ring attire causing it or something, but pretty much every time she ran at her opponent looked awkward and hesitant as hell

Candice and especially Ruby both do that hilarious Steven Segal run sometimes. I still think they're both great, but sometimes it's a little jarring when you notice it.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I thought Candice's running was awkward in part because her opponent was bad and she didn't want to charge full steam at someone who wouldn't be ready.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sorry Serena, but I'm all onboard the Piper Niven train.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Sorry Serena, but I'm all onboard the Piper Niven train.

Wrestlers/wrestling people seemed WAY more impressed with Serena than fans online have been. Was handicapped by being a rusty and emotional but she did stuff maybe fans don't really pick up like her strikes and how she took the turnbuckle.

I've always liked Piper. Don't get me wrong she has great athleticism and has a good wind but she used to be not really that smart at pacing herself and would get winded at inopportune times. She hasn't really fixed the issue of her offence being overly careful looking. She's more Tugboat than Earthquake.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tugboat owned so go Piper

e: toot toot

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Wrestlers/wrestling people seemed WAY more impressed with Serena than fans online have been. Was handicapped by being a rusty and emotional but she did stuff maybe fans don't really pick up like her strikes and how she took the turnbuckle.

No problem with Serena, I think it's cool she's got her poo poo together and made it back to WWE, but Piper Niven just rules a whole bunch v:shobon:v

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

No problem with Serena, I think it's cool she's got her poo poo together and made it back to WWE, but Piper Niven just rules a whole bunch v:shobon:v

She's definitely made a connection with people even before the MYC if you follow the traction she has on social media.

A lot of female wrestlers who have worked with her or toured with her in Japan end up developing girl crushes on her too.

She connects which pretty much all that matters on a WWE level really.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Saint Freak posted:

I can't actually find a bracket that doesn't have spoilers in it since the matches are already taped, so I made one with my amazing ms paint skills. Here is where it should all stand going into Monday.
Also I guess don't go looking for a bracket if you don't want spoilers.

Ooooh, the possibility of a Kairi x Rhea quarter-final. :pray:

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 3, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So Hana Kimura has a new submission maneuver and its pretty brutal.

https://twitter.com/chinlocked/status/903658654666072065

:stonk: worthy. Arms shouldn't be like that.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

She also turned 20 today which makes me feel incredibly old.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Baron Corbyn posted:

Funny story about that. Apparently her mom (Kyoko Kimura) is telling people to not use the Purocentral Shop from now on, as they are using Hana's birthday as an excuse to do a sale. (Apparently they didn't get Hana's permission either)

https://twitter.com/kimurarock/status/904225288661471232

Kyoko has a history of being against sites like this, but that is the grey market for you. I do think she fails to understand how expensive it is to get stuff like Hana merchandise over here, on the other hand. Not that Purocentral isn't in the wrong for using Hana's name/likeness without her permission, especially since she won't get any of the funds from this.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 3, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

So Hana Kimura has a new submission maneuver and its pretty brutal.

So that motorcycle scene from the first episode of Season 3 of Narcos WASN'T the most terrifying thing I've seen all week! :gonk:

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Baron Corbyn posted:

AZM is 14 and Ruaka is 13, too. And I don't even know the age of the two girls Ruaka faced at the Shin-Kiba show I went to.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Auritech posted:

AZM is 14 and Ruaka is 13, too. And I don't even know the age of the two girls Ruaka faced at the Shin-Kiba show I went to.

I can't remember their names but if they're 11 they look young for their age.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Auritech posted:

AZM is only 14? She's really goddamn good for being that insanely young, and she's getting to wrestle the actual stars. She's going to be incredible someday.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Auritech posted:

yeah but kids being a lot younger than me doesn't make me feel as old as an adult being much younger than me if that makes any sense?

I didn't realise AZM was that young though. I would have guessed 16-17.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Go RV! posted:

AZM is only 14? She's really goddamn good for being that insanely young, and she's getting to wrestle the actual stars. She's going to be incredible someday.

It's even more mind blowing when you realize soon she will be a four year veteran. She's got quite a career in front of her if she wants it.

Baron Corbyn posted:

yeah but kids being a lot younger than me doesn't make me feel as old as an adult being much younger than me if that makes any sense?

I didn't realise AZM was that young though. I would have guessed 16-17.

Ah, I gotcha.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The next round of the MYC is up at 9am EST today.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Spoiler Warning, more than just round 2 was posted on the WWE Network, and the thumbnails for those episodes could contain spoilers.

All the episodes are giving me an error right now, but here are the links to the episodes:

Ep 5: http://network.wwe.com/video/v1797031783
Ep 6: http://network.wwe.com/video/v1797003483
Ep 7: http://network.wwe.com/video/v1800561783
Ep 8: http://network.wwe.com/video/v1801298583

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 4, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Astro7x posted:

Spoiler Warning, more than just round 2 was posted on the WWE Network, and the thumbnails for those episodes could contain spoilers.

All the episodes are giving me an error right now, but here are the links to the episodes:

Ep 5: http://network.wwe.com/video/v1797031783
Ep 6: http://network.wwe.com/video/v1797003483
Ep 7: http://network.wwe.com/video/v1800561783
Ep 8: http://network.wwe.com/video/v1801298583

Yeah, more than Round 2 was posted, because the finals are next week after Smackdown.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Episode 5 was really good.

Piper/Deeb and Sane/Belair were both goddamn great.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ellering/Evers is looking a lot better in this second match. Maybe Marti is just that bad.

Crowd's super into it too.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Aphrodite posted:

Ellering/Evers is looking a lot better in this second match. Maybe Marti is just that bad.

Crowd's super into it too.

Who would have thought that Kimber Lee could get a better match out of a green wrestler than Marti Belle :

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/904719903059476480

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Episode 5: dying at catching that kiss

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Binged all four episodes again.

Like what we assumed, Round 2, the Quarterfinals, and the Semi-Finals were a step up from the first round. No real bad matches, some sloppy ones for sure, but nothing on the level of Belle/Evers. If there's anything I could say about it, it's that it was kinda predictable how it turned out. I really liked Dakota Kai/Rhea Ripley, which was probably my second favorite match of the tournament, and everything Piper Niven did was pretty fun to watch (double bridge!). Kairi had some really good matches too, particularly with Toni Storm, who in a better world would have been her finals opponent. My concern is that carrying Shayna Baszler to a good match may be a really tall order. Baszler is really boring to watch and doesn't have any charisma or presence, just an angry look. That and the set-up for the Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen feud is really dumb. Otherwise I've enjoyed the tournament, I'm just really wary of the finals.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
do we know if wwe has signed Taynara Conti? (The brazilian judo girl)

She seemed like one with a lot of potential.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MrBling posted:

She was signed before the tourney

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So my thoughts on where I think the MYC is heading (obvious semi-final spoilers here):

Setting up 4HW vs 4HW seems like an interesting move from the outside, but I feel like for that to happen, they'll be forced to put Shayna over in the finals, which won't sit well with a lot of people, as the general reaction is that she's only there because she's Ronda's friend. It doesn't help that while Shayna can emote, her in ring ability (which is also decent) doesn't seem to mesh well with WWE viewers. All in all, call me whatever you want, but I feel like Kairi is going to get squashed in the finals, just so WWE can have the UFC 4HW wrestle a match or whatever.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MrBling posted:

From the internet so might be a bit off, but looks right to me: Abbey Laith, Bianca Belair, Dakota Kai, Kairi Sane, Lacey Evans, Reina Gonzales, Rhea Ripley, Sage Beckett, Sarah Logan, Taynara Conti, Vanessa Borne, Xia Li, and Zeda are all already signed.

Apparently the guy who runs Squared Circle Sirens said that 3 of the unsigned competitors have been signed as well. I don't know how credible he is.

Giant Murderbaby
Dec 16, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

So my thoughts on where I think the MYC is heading (obvious semi-final spoilers here):

Setting up 4HW vs 4HW seems like an interesting move from the outside, but I feel like for that to happen, they'll be forced to put Shayna over in the finals, which won't sit well with a lot of people, as the general reaction is that she's only there because she's Ronda's friend. It doesn't help that while Shayna can emote, her in ring ability (which is also decent) doesn't seem to mesh well with WWE viewers. All in all, call me whatever you want, but I feel like Kairi is going to get squashed in the finals, just so WWE can have the UFC 4HW wrestle a match or whatever.

The fact that Shayna is the only person in the tournament that they're building an angle around definitely seems like a sign that she'll be winning. Kairi is probably my favourite in the tournament but I don't think they're going to mesh well. Martinez was probably the best opponent for Shayna.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just started the first of the new episodes and Evers/Laith already blew everything from round one out of the water

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Giant Murderbaby posted:

The fact that Shayna is the only person in the tournament that they're building an angle around definitely seems like a sign that she'll be winning. Kairi is probably my favourite in the tournament but I don't think they're going to mesh well. Martinez was probably the best opponent for Shayna.

Kairi and Shayna have worked together in the past in STARDOM, but that's not really the point. It's blatantly transparent that WWE is building up to a WWE 4HW vs UFC 4HW feud, which is probably going to bomb for a number of reasons, one of the most notable being that Bayley is being booked (and looks) like a geek for the past several months.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Kairi and Shayna have worked together in the past in STARDOM, but that's not really the point. It's blatantly transparent that WWE is building up to a WWE 4HW vs UFC 4HW feud, which is probably going to bomb for a number of reasons, one of the most notable being that Bayley is being booked (and looks) like a geek for the past several months.

Only one of the UFC horsewomen was any good either, so it's fair.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
This is some good wrestling and I really hope a lot of these women get signed to breathe some new life into the women's division.

I really like Kairi Sane, but I feel like her whole gimmick could be tweaked a little bit to make her come across as more of a threat, a bit less pirate at a kid's birthday party and a bit more actual pirate I guess. Keep the pirate stuff though I love that gimmick. That elbow drop is something to behold and she's still probably my personal favorite out of the bracket.

I also hope we get a lot more big women in the mix. I wanna see some solid women's hoss matches in WWE and there aren't a lot of big motherfuckers on the roster right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ep 5:

Jesus, I thought for sure they were about to job Kairi out after that 450 splash :stare: