Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Cartoon Boreale?

Yeah, DoW3 sux and the miniature is suitably unimpressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a pretty game but not that much prettier than DoW2. The choice of voice actors and direction isn't the best (except for that one guy, you know the one) and the campaign isn't even worth thinking about. In multiplayer, with the way those shield gens and towers work, whoever gets them first, without losing their own, is invariably going to win, every time. Like, you get a huge resource boost for killing those things and once they're gone, they're gone. There's no more fighting over them and that really blows! At least with the previous games, you could always fight over all the points but in DoW3.

That said, i do like how they've worked power and req. into the regular points. That, at least, makes an interesting change.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

SRM posted:

You and me both
(this is a thing I've thought about, seriously)

You and him and my friend as well.

Well, maybe not the cartoon one.

His only thought is to take the Angelos model and make a custom head for it based on this:
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/353/icon.jpg

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
does dow3 have the last stand yet?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

richyp posted:

Every time I see a picture of the FW Gabriel Angelos I think the head looks like Homer Simpson in a triangular wig.

I think it is the upper lip.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JcDent posted:

Cartoon Boreale?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeCfod1XT7E

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

JcDent
May 13, 2013

He's gonna get his dick caught in the assault ramp one day.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Between that and that set of Power 9 from MtG that was altered to have ponies on it, I seriously have to wonder what in the hell these people do for money to have enough of it to almost literally piss it away like this.

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

Great hilighting, wonderful blending, everything pops, and even the crescent moon is fine.
The thing that pushes it over the top is how even Luna seems confused about why she's here.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
What was that description up thread for these that was like, "So much talent squandered on something so terrible"?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
drat it took me a while to see that pony

Aniodia posted:

Between that and that set of Power 9 from MtG that was altered to have ponies on it, I seriously have to wonder what in the hell these people do for money to have enough of it to almost literally piss it away like this.

Well I think the main factor is that they dont tend to have many other expenses. They are stay at home sedentary people who's one obsession is ponies.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Aniodia posted:

middle class men who hit their thirties without having kids or an SO are p much sorted when it comes blowing money on nerd poo poo.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

My GF is ok with me buying nerd poo poo, but I have't painted ponies or any naked anime babes on it, so...

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm sure there's someone in the world with way more money than sense that thinks this is the ultimate way to strip paint from metal miniatures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG-KI0mVqPE

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

JcDent posted:

My GF is ok with me buying nerd poo poo, but I have't painted ponies or any naked anime babes on it, so...

Well what even is the point then.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Star Man posted:

I'm sure there's someone in the world with way more money than sense that thinks this is the ultimate way to strip paint from metal miniatures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG-KI0mVqPE

I wish I was the person with that much money, because I would happily gently caress with that thing for hours. How clean can a laser cut through a 1/72 plastic mans be? What happens if I simulate REALISTIC LASER DAMAGE on this land raider? Etc.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luna Marines, best marines.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

JcDent posted:

He's gonna get his dick caught in the assault ramp one day.

haven't we all?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Would love a lser to cut up Marines to make truescale dudes.

Not that I need it with bigmarines...

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Laser cutting non-sheet material is not really doable because the focal point changes. Unless you're mounting the laser on a robot arm and have a mm accurate scan of the topography of the thing you're cutting, I guess.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
You mean you don't!?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Colonial Air Force posted:

You mean you don't!?

Not everyone does!

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

JcDent posted:

A sweet 3d printed Rhino until you spot the addons

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I want to see that Rhino against something for scale. For some reason it makes me think it's on par with the old baby Rhinos. This is the only context I want to see more of that Rhino.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
At least the titties are tastefully sized :shrug:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Slaanesh-themed, seems legit. :cripes:

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

Knobb Manwich posted:

I want to see that Rhino against something for scale. For some reason it makes me think it's on par with the old baby Rhinos. This is the only context I want to see more of that Rhino.

More photos here https://www.facebook.com/Organiz3D/posts/1180565632087052
At first I didn't spot the ladies on the roof as well.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
That design sure works well with that $200 banggood printer.

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man

berzerkmonkey posted:

"WARHAMMER 40k Space Marines DREADNOUGHT built some paint "

"I'm gonna try out this dipping method I've heard so much about..."
*Dunks in latex house paint*

I found his Chaos Rival

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

This is very awful from both angles actually. My eyes can't focus on the things on top at all.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Is that actually for a game?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Arachnarok-Spider

Arachnarok Spider Twilight Sparkle. I like the cutesey cartoon eyes :haw:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hell yeah, those eyes kick rear end

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Synthbuttrange posted:

The eyes are great but I feel like there's some subtle THIN YOUR PAINTS going on on the legs.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:3:

Yeah the legs everything are super shittily drybrushed.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Got loving dammit a my little pony goblin spider. What the hell.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
hes seen things you people wouldnt believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

He IS things people wouldn't believe.