Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Personally I hope Coop winds up with Gersten now that they're both single.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalkore
Oct 11, 2007

Welcome to 2012!

Do you think they're ever going to revisit or explain wtf happened with Laura's mom? Is it the power of consuming vodka every day for 25 years?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Shalkore posted:

Do you think they're ever going to revisit or explain wtf happened with Laura's mom? Is it the power of consuming vodka every day for 25 years?
She's going to eat someone else, almost certainly.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Seems like just any other drunk 70 year old to me. :shrug:

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Is this getting a Blu-ray release?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

what's with the av + title...?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

As long as it's not on your loving telephone. Get real.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

a hole-y ghost posted:

don't you dare. no dougie shaming.

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
We're the Mitchum Bros
And gambling's the game
We're not like the others who get all the fame

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

a hole-y ghost posted:

I talked poo poo about Dougie. I learned the error of my ways though

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

this is kinda hosed up, but by the time I grew to really enjoy Dougie, they brought Cooper back soon-thereafter and now I don't care about Cooper.

like, Dougie vs. evil Cooper would have been so much better than whatever we get tomorrow.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I talked poo poo about Dougie. I learned the error of my ways though
Thank Dougie.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Zmej posted:

like, Dougie vs. evil Cooper would have been so much better than whatever we get tomorrow.

Boop: "Hello Cooper."
Doop: "Mr. Jackpots...:
Boop: "What is this, nursery school?
Doop: "School..."

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Panamaniac posted:

Boop: "Hello Cooper."
Doop: "Mr. Jackpots...:
Boop: "What is this, nursery school?
Doop: "School..."

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Shalkore posted:

they're being pretty upfront with the supernatural stuff so while you might not get an explanation in exacting detail i imagine it'll get some coverage. remember she might've been the girl that frog thing crawled into in episode 8. i mean, that'd be weird because it doesn't make a ton of sense with what else we know about sarah palmer (nothing i can recall suggests she has black lodge spawn in her other than having some supernatural visions), but maybe...

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Neurosis posted:

they're being pretty upfront with the supernatural stuff so while you might not get an explanation in exacting detail i imagine it'll get some coverage. remember she might've been the girl that frog thing crawled into in episode 8. i mean, that'd be weird because it doesn't make a ton of sense with what else we know about sarah palmer (nothing i can recall suggests she has black lodge spawn in her other than having some supernatural visions), but maybe...

My current take (could change) is that she's got evil inside her (perhaps brought in through Leland/Bob or that weird frog thing) that grew after years of isolation and self loathing at the horror that happened to her family and it's gotten bigger and stronger and it's now basically all she is inside.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Part 8 :stare:

Dementia Cooper ninjas the little person, Bad Cooper gets killed (or not), then it turns into David Lynch's The Tree of Nukes, then Eraserhead Part II

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

COFEEEE :haw:

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

LOLLLLLLLLL THATS THE ENDING

Actually idk why I expected anything different

Professor Latency fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 4, 2017

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Well that cleared things up.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

lol people had full trust that Lynch could end the show and ate up everything little thing up until tonight, then spat it out like a child and is now throwing a tantrum

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Seems pretty clear what happened if you follow the clues. :smuggo:

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Most disappointing aspect was no full frontal imo

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
thats an awesome ending, and very much in the spirit of twin peaks

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Lol of course the casuals are upset at that ending. Before we knew anything about any of these episodes, I said "I'll be upset if it doesn't piss me off as much as FWWM did after the original TV series." So I'm pissed off but, I'm not upset. I am so thankful that this show gave me another 25 years of puzzling and wondering and mystery at whatever the gently caress I just watched.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Holy poo poo what a loving trash fire this season was. Just god drat.

Like, what a waste.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

man nurse posted:

Like, what a waste.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

man nurse posted:

Like, what a waste.

Actually it was loving great and it's pretty sad you don't like cool and good things, but I'm also confused that you expected literally anything other than this from Lynch. Like, if you expected a straight story (heh) from the man who's last film was Inland Empire you've got to be the dumbest mother fucker on the face of the earth.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Vince MechMahon posted:

Actually it was loving great and it's pretty sad you don't like cool and good things, but I'm also confused that you expected literally anything other than this from Lynch. Like, if you expected a straight story (heh) from the man who's last film was Inland Empire you've got to be the dumbest mother fucker on the face of the earth.

Yeah, imagine expecting something coherent and good instead of a bunch of art-school-project dogshit.

Lynch is a genius because he has made a living off of convincing dipshits like you that his poorly written, low budget, rambling nonsense is somehow genius.

spudsbuckley fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Sep 4, 2017

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Just because you don't personally like it doesn't make it bad. Just because you don't personally understand it doesn't make it bad or not understandable. Not everything is meant for everyone. Maybe you should stick with wrestling instead. I mean this sincerely and not as a criticism of you or your tastes in entertainment.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Just because you don't personally like it doesn't make it bad. Just because you don't personally understand it doesn't make it bad or not understandable. Not everything is meant for everyone. Maybe you should stick with wrestling instead. I mean this sincerely and not as a criticism of you or your tastes in entertainment.

Dude has been complaining the entire way through, but for some reason kept on watching.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

idk what the gently caress i just watched but it was incredible

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

SplitSoul posted:

Dude has been complaining the entire way through, but for some reason kept on watching.

That "some reason" is that he knew all along in his heart that this season ruled hard and was captivated by its majesty

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I can't watch this until tomorrow, but does British One Punch Man explode anyone's heads?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I can't watch this until tomorrow, but does British One Punch Man explode anyone's heads?

oh does he...

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
what the gently caress

this season has been reasonably straight-up, even in the weirder stuff like episode 8 some coherent story could be put on things. i have no loving clue what episode 18 was.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Neurosis posted:

what the gently caress

this season has been reasonably straight-up, even in the weirder stuff like episode 8 some coherent story could be put on things. i have no loving clue what episode 18 was.
Coop broke causality by going back to 1989 to rescue Laura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

ZombyDog posted:

Coop broke causality by going back to 1989 to rescue Laura.

i thought laura screaming (horrible sounding scream) and disappearing was judy stealing her from cooper (which i guess was reflected by sarah palmer smashing laura's picture over and over?). but why that led to an amnesiac laura in odessa idk.

i've felt like i'm being told a different story now. there were always parallel worlds to the 'real' world (the lodges), but they operated on different rules; there wasn't doubt as to what the real world was, and while stuff over time was possible, i got the feeling it operated in a twelve monkeys closed loop style. the very loose rules of the game that existed have been totally thrown away, and now there are just tons of new questions.

• Locked thread