Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Your Parents posted:

18 was better than 17, and this is the greatest TV show of all time with the greatest ending of all time.

This guy gets it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Thatim posted:

Naaah I don't think it is a dream by Richard. The screaming of Laura at the end sort of debunks that.

What if it's a dream of Laura?

Judy is the ancient evil because she hates her job, that sort of thing.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
The show ends with Laura realizing she's in a constructed reality and waking up, and the veil shattering. Mrs Tremond/Chalfont almost tricked Dale, but Laura listened to the drat sounds and figured it out. It was great.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

goodbye, Ray Donovan

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

never did get to see that guys car :(

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

CJacobs posted:

goodbye, Ray Donovan

Man, I still like CraveTV for their HBO archive so I'll probably stay on. Rewatch Sopranos or something.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"See you at the curtain call."

Well that came and we didn't, so...

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Man, getting to see the first episode of S4 was great. Looking forward to the rest of the season to see the resolution with Laura and Audrey especially but tons of other things I'm sure they'll address too.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Rewatching Fire Walk with Me and "gobble gobble gobble"

If showtime gets Lynch to make another FWWM... :allears:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

ep 18 is good im sayin it now

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Twin Peaks Season 4: The Return from the Return

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

ep18 is the best tv ever in the history of all time

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

as i see it coop/briggs/lodges plan almost paid off the right wrongs and at the last minute mother did some kind of hocus pocus that whisked laura away

coop and diane agree to go do some alternate dimension hopping to find wherever laura is but now everything is all hosed up

this really feels like a lead-in to another season but idk

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Wow that loving sucked.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

el oso posted:

Man, getting to see the first episode of S4 was great. Looking forward to the rest of the season to see the resolution with Laura and Audrey especially but tons of other things I'm sure they'll address too.

That's how I see it too.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
We got Audrey's resolution. She's living in a constructed reality, probably from the influence of lodge spirits, and can't move on from it.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
So Coop essentially got Chester Desmond'ed by The Tremonds and Chalfonts....

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Le Saboteur posted:

Man, I still like CraveTV for their HBO archive so I'll probably stay on. Rewatch Sopranos or something.

I absolutely love CraveTV, except for the piss-poor Chromecast support. Content-wise, it's VERY good (for the price, for Canada).

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I haven't gotten that beautiful growing anxiety as the clock ticks down on the last episode feeling since the sopranos finale, which was great, therefore this was great as well

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Berke Negri posted:

as i see it coop/briggs/lodges plan almost paid off the right wrongs and at the last minute mother did some kind of hocus pocus that whisked laura away

That is my bet personally.

What I think is that Lynch is hedging his bets.

If he can't get a season 4, okay, this is the end and you have one explanation of the dreamer.

If he can, we get a different explanation of who the dreamer is.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

MullardEL34 posted:

So Coop essentially got Chester Desmond'ed by The Tremonds and Chalfonts....

This sounds like an upper-class dinner party from hell.

"We are NOT going to talk about caviar".

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, just in case I'm crazy, Coop and Diane went into an end-unit in a single storey motel, and he came out in a completely different place, right?

Yup, I wish I could get a screenshot but it was definitely different places.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

el oso posted:

Man, next week's finale is going to be intense. Looking forward to the resolution with Laura and Audrey especially but tons of other things I'm sure they'll address too.

el oso posted:

Man, Season 4 is going to be intense. Looking forward to the resolution with Laura and Audrey especially but tons of other things I'm sure they'll address too.

el oso posted:

Sorry man, no season four's been announced, and this was the finale.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I absolutely love CraveTV, except for the piss-poor Chromecast support. Content-wise, it's VERY good (for the price, for Canada).

Also their stream quality maxes out at like 720p which is a bummer.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

Tallgeese posted:

That is my bet personally.

What I think is that Lynch is hedging his bets.

If he can't get a season 4, okay, this is the end and you have one explanation of the dreamer.

If he can, we get a different explanation of who the dreamer is.

He had 100% creative control and 18 eps to tell a story however he likes, though.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

androo posted:

He had 100% creative control and 18 eps to tell a story however he likes, though.

Let me have my delusion here!

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

Sorry man, no season four's been announced, and this was the finale.

:thejoke:

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

gently caress YOu DAVID LYNCH AND MARK FORST IM BURNING ALL MY TWIN PEAKS FUNKO POp FIGURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYBODY JOIN WITH ME!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I;m thinking about thos peaks

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Cromulent posted:

Wow that loving sucked.

rofl

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

androo posted:

Yeah, and it was incredible and the best television show ever made.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the whole sequence in ep17 with cooper's face superimposed on the image for like 20 minutes gave me crazy anxiety tbh

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Just to be clear, we're talking about a different Richard than Richard Horne, right?

Also, just in case I'm crazy, Coop and Diane went into an end-unit in a single storey motel, and he came out in a completely different place, right?

Not sure about that but weren't they driving an old pickup like Boopers and then he got into a town car after "Linda" took off?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just to be clear, we're talking about a different Richard than Richard Horne, right?

Edit: did British glove kid also kill the Experiment/mother? If not, where the hell is it?
If Coop and Diane were in South Dakota (where Booper got arrested after making the same drive and crashing), Coop woke up in Texas, so yeah, completely different place unless I already forgot something that happened in between those two events.

Glove guy killed Bob (at least I think) but the mother is still out there (I guess? Who the hell knows)

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
They're totally doing another season.

Also, if you want another season, and you aren't like super into Ray Donovan or whatever, cancel your subscription right now.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Your Parents posted:

Yeah, and it was incredible and the best television show ever made.

Unironically this.

Or well.. second best. I love the wire :colbert:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It wasn't a dream; there were no questions left unanswered; it's just that love wasn't enough. To "save" Laura from death was like pushing a ball around the infinity symbol. Even if Cooper broke out of this new fugue, he would end up in another. Fugues within fugues, traps within traps, and lodge spirits harvesting their garmonbozia forever.

All in all, one of the best Lovecraftian endings ever.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I like that Cooper created a reality where Pete Martell just had a nice chill day fishing.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I haven't gotten that beautiful growing anxiety as the clock ticks down on the last episode feeling since the sopranos finale, which was great, therefore this was great as well

The difference here for me, is that with The Sopranos the only question was "is Tony gonna get whacked?" And with Twin Peaks it was more of a "there's only 12 minutes left and they have been staring at each other in a car for 10 minutes and I have no idea what's going on"

I didn't hate it or anything but it was a little disappointing imo (I loved the sopranos ending)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeah even if 18 left me with a lot of unanswered questions, I'd still call it one of the best seasons of television I've ever seen and everything else is gonna pale in comparison for a while.