Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I wasn't saying if we preemptively blew up Kim & Co that we'd suffer the fate of WW1 Germany. I'm saying Germany's decision to go to war in 1914 was heavily based on the same rationale as preemptively blowing up North Korea now, and it didn't work out well for them.

Any war with North Korea is going to have bad consequences for all concerned, and I don't think a preemptive strike would make much difference in mitigating those consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I'm 90 minutes into a debate for the highest office in Germany, neither candidate has so far talked about their genitals, casually insulted entire ethnicities/religions, insulted their opponent like a teenager, there is generally-civil discourse (with the exception of both candidates taking gratuitous shits of varying severity and consistency on Trump), and I've even seen some agreement here and there.

Christ, it's downright boring.

It would appear that everything is still sane and okay in Germany.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

What's the polling like? I hope Merkel stays in power

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm 90 minutes into a debate for the highest office in Germany, neither candidate has so far talked about their genitals, casually insulted entire ethnicities/religions, insulted their opponent like a teenager, there is generally-civil discourse (with the exception of both candidates taking gratuitous shits of varying severity and consistency on Trump), and I've even seen some agreement here and there.

Christ, it's downright boring.

they obviously don't care about your country if they lack the passion to do whatever it takes to win

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hey, Rex, you think you can toss me Mad Dog's calculations? Thanks! Ah, here it is. "Launch Nukes - All Die." Even had it underlined.

Mad contra-rotating props for working a MST3K reference into all this.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ObamaMalik/status/903677436172394498

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Except for the fact Germany knee jerk reacted to Fukushima and shut down all nuclear reactors.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

ded posted:

Except for the fact Germany knee jerk reacted to Fukushima and shut down all nuclear reactors.

Yeah and just how many German nuke reactors got totaled by a tsunami, Mr. Smartypants?

That's right, zero.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Brass Key posted:

A dude deliberately ran into the flames at burning man last night and died. There are pics at the link of him running in. :stonk:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Not the first time

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Did...did it work?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Fireman pulled him out, so crops will be poor this year.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
goddamn I like to burn hard but jees. glad i went home early this year.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I mean it's apparently common enough that they have like a human chain of cops/firemen standing guard around the entire thing :shrug: Burners gonna burn

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
The nukes are already on their way.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

god wills it

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Oh thank god.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I couldn't figure out how to bulk out last weeks time sheet. This'll solve everything.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Realistically under this Administration where do you think you'd learn it first? Like offical we launched poo poo?

Twitter I'd imagine

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Waroduce posted:

Realistically under this Administration where do you think you'd learn it first? Like offical we launched poo poo?

Twitter I'd imagine

Wherever the ratings would be highest

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Whoever leaked it first.

50/50 between CNN (staffer) and Fox News (cabinet member/the president)

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
The world will end, not with a bang, but with a tweet

140 characters at a time...

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Inshallah

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Acebuckeye13 posted:

May the blessings of the Bomb Almighty and the fellowship of the Holy Fallout descend on us all, this night and for evermore. Amen.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Someone post Mike-o's amazing post again

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://twitter.com/AP/status/904592020156669952

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Oh good. That's good. :downs:

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Lol, they gunna fire that thing straight over Guam at 0300 In the morning EST and ole trump is gunna be pissed he was woke up.

You gotta figure they have a few Ticos with the RIM-174 on board out that way by now

Spacman fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Sep 4, 2017

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

All those companies who convinced the government to spend a whole bunch of money on missile defence are going to be preeeetty nervous around now

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Spacman posted:

Lol, they gunna fire that thing straight over Guam at 0300 In the morning EST and ole trump is gunna be pissed he was woke up.

You gotta figure they have a few Ticos with the RIM-174 on board out that way by now

English for non-radar dwonks?

Also is there actually any hope of shooting one of these things down at any stage of the launch? Obviously terminal is a no, but could an aegis or THAAD or whatever actually pop one out of the sky during ascent?

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Don Dongington posted:

English for non-radar dwonks?

Also is there actually any hope of shooting one of these things down at any stage of the launch? Obviously terminal is a no, but could an aegis or THAAD or whatever actually pop one out of the sky during ascent?

RIM-174 special shooty things that go very far and use fancy wizard magik to break bad falling stuff on your aegis.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
On my way taking out the trash this morning, there was some sort of industrial machine that started up in the distance and it sounded 80% similar to an air raid siren. It was almost relieving.

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

Hot Karl Marx posted:

lol trump is threatening to stop trading with any nation that trades with best korea (china, india, and more). i dont think china is going to get pushed around by you donny dipshit

man it must be embarrassing to have one of the dumbest people in america running your country

I never would have thought the Twilight Zone is a real place. Who are you people? Who am I?

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Vasudus posted:

On my way taking out the trash this morning, there was some sort of industrial machine that started up in the distance and it sounded 80% similar to an air raid siren. It was almost relieving.

Did you immediately climb up on your roof and face the nearest target arms outstretched while on you fell onto your knees screaming in rage at the departing angels while death crept ever closer, ala Willem Defoe in platoon?

If not you did impending nuclear war air raid siren wrong.

Spacman fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Sep 4, 2017

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hot Karl Marx posted:

lol trump is threatening to stop trading with any nation that trades with best korea (china, india, and more). i dont think china is going to get pushed around by you donny dipshit

man it must be embarrassing to have one of the dumbest people in america running your country

Remember when we spent months on Obama's "red line" bluff being called?
Nobody's even going to remember Trump's bluff because unlike Obama, nobody takes what he says seriously at all.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
https://twitter.com/YonhapNews/status/904724382718738432

"lol"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
ruh roh

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
That's a mighty nice 800,000 people you have on DACA. Be a real shame if something were to happen to them in six months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

What does this mean exactly?

South Korean nukes or?

Also, since we're in the ABM game again, do we have any likelihood of mounting some BOMARC style weapons out in the Sea of Japan to try to take out Nork ICBMs?

• Locked thread