Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

veritable
[ver-i-tuh-buh l]
adjective
being truly or very much so:
a veritable triumph.
Obsolete. true, as a statement or tale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/verrit/status/899793009751076864

The fact this has been live since June and nobody cared is just :discourse:

I don't understand this. Are they intentionally making Hillary's campaign look bad?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punk rebel ecks posted:

I don't understand this. Are they intentionally making Hillary's campaign look bad?

i don't understand how they could make it look any worse, given the job hillary clinton did to make hillary's campaign look bad.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

got any sevens posted:

verrit, the new corncob hub

cornhub was taken i guess

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Jazerus posted:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/PatriotHole/status/903303169110941700

a more reliable source than verrit

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

over next weekend im going to slap together a half baked concept of using blockchain to fight fake news and sell it to the democrats for a hundred million dollars

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jazerus posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I did the ddos

It was just me screwing around, sorry everyone

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jazerus posted:

cornhub hillary

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Jazerus posted:

:captainpop:

rename the goddamn forum

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the fact that democrats apparently think a site with Official Facts As Approved By Peter Daou will help people win online arguments is peak democrat

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shear Modulus posted:

the fact that democrats apparently think a site with Official Facts As Approved By Peter Daou will help people win online arguments is peak democrat

Snopes, but #Woke

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jazerus posted:

lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jazerus posted:

nice

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the only problem with hillary's 2016 campaign is obviously that she only had one website

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ok ive got it. when a reporter or writer or whoever posts an article it hashes the text and puts the result in the Official Facts blockchain so you know it hasnt been hacked if the hash is in the registry and if it isnt its Fake News

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

How do they explain the counties that flipped Obama to Trump by huge margins?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rand alPaul posted:

How do they explain the counties that flipped Obama to Trump by huge margins?

a russian did it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so wait did peter daou just do Bitcoin, but for Fake News?

holy poo poo

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

http://www.cnn.com/election/results/exit-polls/wisconsin/president and Ctrl+F down to "immigration", which is where breaking it down by issues voting begins

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

so wait did peter daou just do Bitcoin, but for Fake News?

holy poo poo

no but thats what im going to do

daous thing is snopes but hillary-themed

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

galenanorth posted:

http://www.cnn.com/election/results/exit-polls/wisconsin/president and Ctrl+F down to "immigration", which is where breaking it down by issues voting begins

If you scroll down to "who would better handle the economy?" Trump beats Hillary by significant margins. It's like the Most Pressing Issue question is a fluke.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

quote:

Like I said, if Trevor (like a lot of South Africans today) had known AT THE TIME what we know now, and had that been allowed to shape the coverage of Marikana, I think he and a lot of other people would have developed a different understanding and opinion of the incident. Trying to forcefeed a black South African a documentary to OPEN HIS EYES TO THE TRUTH today probably won't have much success. Ignorance is bliss.

I think going cold-turkey on nuclear energy after Fukushima was loving retarded, my sister thinks otherwise. I'm as correct today as I was in 2011, yet she thinks I'm being an insensitive monster, and showing her reports/statistics of the development/situation of nuclear energy and how loving dumb Germany's withdrawal was today is not going to change her mind. Neither of our opinions on the subject matter for poo poo.

Trevor's opinion on the issue (which he doesn't propagate on his huge platform, and doesn't mind you), shouldn't matter either, yet some people fly off the handle about it. It just seems really creepy and dumb that people get turbo-loving-emotional about trying to tell Trevor how he should feel about his fellow black men doing something HE BELIEVES to be dumb in "charging at the police" after all kinds of warnings and whatnot.

He's a comedian. He's not shouting his ignorant opinion off the loving rooftops, maybe relax and don't get upset at a fake news comedy show, idk?

holy moly

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I think this block of text, making sure to include the occasional caps-lock and expletives, summarizes down to the sentence "I am VERY loving upset at people getting upset at my favorite fake news comedy show!"

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 05:06 on Sep 4, 2017

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

People get really loving upset when you hold a tv funny person accountable for the poo poo they say and do. It's loving bonkers.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
you'd think that a requisite skill for political comedy would be knowing about politics.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

when mother puts your drawing on the fridge

:pusheen:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Joementum posted:

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
lmao jfc

authenticated turd serial number: 0026496846

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched keith when i was a younger msnbc liberal so iv got some sort of built in sympathy for him. at least he's firebrandy instead of a ~discourse respector~

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
senator clinton, sir, have you no shame

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
peak olbermann for me might have been 12 year old me watching keith talk about sex with a 60 year old dude chomping on a cigar calling in

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
like the first time he did his rant about bush loving up katrina it was like hey someone saying some real poo poo on cable news for once but soon enough he's leveling the same amount of opprobrium at john boehner for faking out obama by going low during a high five

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Venom Snake posted:

I watched keith when i was a younger msnbc liberal so iv got some sort of built in sympathy for him. at least he's firebrandy instead of a ~discourse respector~

what did keith do to become ostracised?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Condiv posted:

It happened when I was p young so I can't remember but I think it involved getting in a fight with a producer/burning bridges with a lot of MSNBC staff

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Condiv posted:

got fired from msnbc after donating to obama, then got pundit cancer after huffing his own farts for a decade

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Queef Olbermann is originally a sports caster lol

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I liked KO a lot when he was yelling at Bush because he was yelling at Bush in the pre-YouTube era in a way no one else was. Pretty much as soon as they bounced him I was like oh he's just Aaron Sorkin but doing less (but not no) cocaine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Olbermann blocked me on twitter after I broke the news to him politely that all the guys he held as clean athletes in the 1960s took methamphetamines.

• Locked thread