Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Supposedly, they're going to switch to a CSGO style of weapon recoil, which is bad and dumb.

Supposedly as in some dumbass on Reddit said a thing, or supposedly as in my uncle from Nintendo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Orv posted:

Supposedly as in some dumbass on Reddit said a thing, or supposedly as in my uncle from Nintendo?

https://clips.twitch.tv/NaiveGrotesqueNightingaleDuDudu

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh cool, that's loving retarded. One of the best things about this game is that bullets go where you point and if you fight the recoil properly they continue to do that.

What the gently caress are these imbeciles doing to this game?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It works in CS:GO for various reasons, particularly that anyone can run any gun they want. None of these reasons work for Siege.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I feel like it's way too late to change the shooting in this game on a fundamental level like that. The way Siege feels is one of my favorite things about it.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Fixed recoil pattern is a garbage idea in siege.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Whether you agree with it being a bad move or not, fundamentally changing the games shooting two years in is an insane choice and this coupled with the map thing doesn't exactly inspire confidence in whatever the hell is going on in their office.

Also as a friend on Steam pointed out, the map thing was rationalized as "We don't want to overwhelm new players" and now they're adding 40+ weapon recoils to learn?

Orv fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 4, 2017

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
please no change the guns I'm just now getting sorta used to them

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
As someone who is new to Siege from this free weekend, less maps to learn would be nice. Also less super high level assholes in Casual doing aces and complaining about how I'm bad while slinging out the n-word would be nice. Too bad there's no way to report that in-game.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Orv posted:

Whether you agree with it being a bad move or not, fundamentally changing the games shooting two years in is an insane choice and this coupled with the map thing doesn't exactly inspire confidence in whatever the hell is going on in their office.

Also as a friend on Steam pointed out, the map thing was rationalized as "We don't want to overwhelm new players" and now they're adding 40+ weapon recoils to learn?

Yeah you nailed it. Just when I feel like I'm getting a feel for the game, guns are changing. It feels schizophrenic to see all of these changes so late in the game for siege.

I always felt the point of CS:GO's spread mechanic was based around the fact there is no ADS in the game whatsoever. Siege, being the tiniest bit more "tactical" (at least marketed that way) already has a decent hip fire and ADS system.

I've just got a "if it ain't broke" mentality and hopefully the reason for the change is something other than "e-sports"

^^^ I don't play that many multiplayer games nowadays but R6 casual is one of the more MEMEtastic, with plenty "ironic" racists and people talking about suicide to be edgy. I've muted a lot of people.

Ranked is better for toxicity I've found

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 4, 2017

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard, what the gently caress.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

That Gobbo posted:

As someone who is new to Siege from this free weekend, less maps to learn would be nice. Also less super high level assholes in Casual doing aces and complaining about how I'm bad while slinging out the n-word would be nice. Too bad there's no way to report that in-game.

Reporting them in game for "suspicious behavior" also applies to stuff like that.

Its better to take a screenshot and open a ticket if you're concerned: https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/Channel

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Penpal posted:

I've just got a "if it ain't broke" mentality and hopefully the reason for the change is something other than "e-sports"

its our fault for joking that the good game was broken every page if this thread :negative:

think of it as a shotgun buff lmao

forreal tho a lot of these changes stink of esportz but even ding chavez would be impressed by the average level of accuracy most of these highly trained operators have.

if you wanna ape a game's shooting mechanics go rip off red orchestra instead tia

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Hard please usurp whatever moron OK's these decisions at the office.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Orv posted:

Oh cool, that's loving retarded. One of the best things about this game is that bullets go where you point and if you fight the recoil properly they continue to do that.

What the gently caress are these imbeciles doing to this game?
Maybe I'm just an idiot but I watched that clip and he didn't say the bullets wouldn't go where you aim? My interpretation was more that the way the recoil shifts your screen when aiming will be predictable and set instead of "random chance to kick left or right or harder up". Not that I'm saying that's better or w/e but it didn't sound like CS where you're aiming at their feet and your bullet hits their head.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Csgo has patterns

Well I know the ak did

Pulled up and then to the left

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

verbal enema posted:

Csgo has patterns

Well I know the ak did

Pulled up and then to the left

Like JFK.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Recoil patterns in csgo look like the number 7. Sometimes it's a backwards number 7.

This just seems dumb. I'm happy they're making the bullet trails actually come out of the scopes and optics now versus the barrel, because one thing I have noticed while playing was that people with really tight angles wouldn't be giving me that information

Orv
May 4, 2011

Insert name here posted:

Maybe I'm just an idiot but I watched that clip and he didn't say the bullets wouldn't go where you aim? My interpretation was more that the way the recoil shifts your screen when aiming will be predictable and set instead of "random chance to kick left or right or harder up". Not that I'm saying that's better or w/e but it didn't sound like CS where you're aiming at their feet and your bullet hits their head.

I probably misinterpreted somewhat, but in CS you have recoil patterns like the P90, where by the tenth bullet or so you're aiming at someones knees and it's impacting at chest level. What it probably actually means it that guns will have a set recoil pattern in Siege, where instead of jerking randomly left and right it'll always jerk left on bullet 9 and right on bullet 13 of the L85, or something like that. While it probably won't change the overall style, I doubt they're going to go full artistic pattern and they'll probably keep the generally upwards recoil with some variation, it's still stupid and there's no reason to do it that has ever been made visible to us players.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Is this dumb expansion out yet? I wanna play as the anime lady!

Edit: I actually just heard they are going to CSGO style weapon recoil. I'm out. Burn this motherfucker down.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 4, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Is this dumb expansion out yet? I wanna play as the anime lady!

Tuesday!

I hope none of the CS:GO like changes actually happen. Anything CS:GO is garbage.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
#OP make everyone stop playing siege so we can make siege 2 already.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

I said come in! posted:

Tuesday!

I hope none of the CS:GO like changes actually happen. Anything CS:GO is garbage.

As you can tell by my timely edit I feel the same way.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah probably best just to shut this thread down now, Ubisoft is determined to kill this game.

Remember how Red Orchestra 2 tried to make changes to cater to the Call of Duty crowd and it worked out super well for them? CS:GO players aren't going to leave CS:GO for Siege because Siege is trying to be more like CS:GO. Thinking that sort of thing works that way is some Grade A short sighted business executive bullshit.

What the gently caress, Hard.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Real Trap Siege begins here.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ReliableNimbleHerdPeoplesChamp

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Lmao this rules.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Man I'm already hanging on to this game by a thread. Fundamentally changing the game's mechanics to be more like CSGO (a bad and outdated game) would almost certainly lose me.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Uh guys I need help.
I got the technical test server installed and I want to remove it as tomorrow is release but I can't somehow? Is it separate to Siege in any way? I can't remove it using either Steam nor uPlay.

Help.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:prepop:

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Man I'm already hanging on to this game by a thread. Fundamentally changing the game's mechanics to be more like CSGO (a bad and outdated game) would almost certainly lose me.

Seems to be requested by the pro manchilds sitting in coloured racecar chairs.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Krogort posted:

Seems to be requested by the pro manchilds sitting in coloured racecar chairs.

"I play in ESL, what about you?"

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

new thermite skin lookin good

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Learning a recoil pattern for a video game gun is dumb, if you want control don't hold the button down and take the time to aim again. I don't see how that is any less ~skill based~

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Kikas posted:

Uh guys I need help.
I got the technical test server installed and I want to remove it as tomorrow is release but I can't somehow? Is it separate to Siege in any way? I can't remove it using either Steam nor uPlay.

Help.

It should be considered as a separate game in your uplay library.

Look at your Games tab either under Installed Games or just My Games. Hover your mouse over it, a small arrow should appear at the bottom right of the game icon. The Uninstall option should be one of the 4 choices.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Hard posted:

It should be considered as a separate game in your uplay library.

Look at your Games tab either under Installed Games or just My Games. Hover your mouse over it, a small arrow should appear at the bottom right of the game icon. The Uninstall option should be one of the 4 choices.
Uh okay that only opened the "remove/repair programs" window from the Control Panel (where there was only the basic Siege instal), but after like 3 tries the "uninstall" option in Steam suddenly worked :iiam:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Fixed recoil patterns can gently caress off.

I do hope they replace the University with a surf map tho

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Kikas posted:

Uh okay that only opened the "remove/repair programs" window from the Control Panel (where there was only the basic Siege instal), but after like 3 tries the "uninstall" option in Steam suddenly worked :iiam:

Probably a different OS than mine? Either way it worked no? :ms:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Hard posted:

Probably a different OS than mine? Either way it worked no? :ms:

Windows 10. And yeah it worked.

Edit: So thanks Hard for fixing my game.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

WIth the new operators coming tomorrow, I can't wait to put down this game and not return until they get nerfed in the next season's patch. I don't really want to go up against pre-Blackbeard nerf ops every single round. I'm also insanely high sodium because I was playing on Kafe and smashed two boards out of a window while rappelling, backed up to a safe angle, and tossed my drone in to scout. Then a Jaeger (of course) gottagofasts up to the window, pops the board, vaults out of the window (this was the second story window) drops to the ground and kills me before I can even exit the drone (which I tried to do immediately, but he was so fast he got me in the half second before I could put the drone phone thing away.) So you can vault out the second story window on Kafe no problem but I've died countless times accidentally slipping off the higher parts of House and Oregon. I'm still mad. I got mad at video games and I'm still mad at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMP
May 5, 2009

Counterpoint: running jackal with his broken rear end rifle for those first few weeks was great.

• Locked thread