Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Those balls stop falling as soon as you get behind their spawners. As soon as you touch the platform at the back that the grated parts are connected to, they stop falling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

KieranWalker posted:

Yeah, there's a cooking pot at the local inn.

Isn't that the one that can't be lit while it's raining, even though it's indoors?

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
I believe you actually CAN find a chasm with a guardian corpse in the bottom of it, which I always assumed was in reference to the Dorephan vs Guardian monument. I'll load up my switch and see if I can find it.

Edit: Here we go! I knew I remembered sorta where it was.

Here he is, at the end of a ravine:

It's located almost immediately south of Lanayru Tower:

And he has a spear stuck under him:

The monument says "Our best soldiers' spears barely left a scratch on its metal hull.", so I'm pretty sure this has to be the same one.

ousire fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Aug 27, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, gee wilikers, a shoutout in a video! I guess I'll keep making gifs of that then! I was planning on stopping since I thought it'd be getting annoying already but if I'm getting called out positively like this then nevermind that!

http://i.imgur.com/LKmAzOZ.mp4

Not 100% sure about this one since it didn't really look like the chest bounced off of his head but I'll add it anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/v4tyZb7.mp4

ousire posted:

I believe you actually CAN find a chasm with a guardian corpse in the bottom of it, which I always assumed was in reference to the Dorephan vs Guardian monument. I'll load up my switch and see if I can find it.

Edit: Here we go! I knew I remembered sorta where it was.

Here he is, at the end of a ravine:

Dude, armor spoilers!

Also, I wonder if people have a different reaction to you showing up if you just go beat Calamity Ganon as soon as you wake up like you did in the alt take.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Nalesh posted:

Isn't that the one that can't be lit while it's raining, even though it's indoors?

Hum, that I don't know. I never encountered that bug.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
All one session? Dang. And this is all improvised, too?

I like that the game actually makes use of those overhangs to give you the occasional bit to climb on, even in the rain.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

KieranWalker posted:

Hum, that I don't know. I never encountered that bug.

Might have gotten fixed in a patch, this was like a few days after launch.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

RareAcumen posted:

Also, I wonder if people have a different reaction to you showing up if you just go beat Calamity Ganon as soon as you wake up like you did in the alt take.

When you beat him the game ends. There is no postgame.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well that's sad. A game like this could do with a victory lap exploration phase.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What happens to the different champions/problems in the different areas if you kill ganon without doing em? Can you still get the abilities?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Nalesh posted:

What happens to the different champions/problems in the different areas if you kill ganon without doing em? Can you still get the abilities?

Nothing, there's no endgame.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

White Coke posted:

Nothing, there's no endgame.

Postgame, you mean? Endgame is Hyrule castle itself, and it looks like a fun challenge. Kickass music too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bruceski posted:

When you beat him the game ends. There is no postgame.

WOW. If there was any game I expected to have a post game it was this one.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
To be fair the only LoZ games I can think of to have post-game content were the original NES one which was technically a new game + and Majora's Mask which was had time travel as a major element, all other LoZ games just end with the defeat of the final boss and you could only continue from your last save point which is right before the endgame.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

RareAcumen posted:

WOW. If there was any game I expected to have a post game it was this one.

The in-game reason there is no postgame is because it is implied all the monsters and such were a direct result of Ganon's power, what with the blood moon and all bringing them back. So, if Ganon is gone, no monsters.

The real reason here is no postgame is they would have to write new lines for any NPC in the game that mentions monsters or Ganon or the castle being dangerous or anything like that. That is a lot of work for a game as big as this, which was already delayed a few times I believe.

You can always reload your save from right before fighting Ganon, I believe the game auto-saves for you as well when you walk in the door. So, you're never locked out of your file at least.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Chimera-gui posted:

To be fair the only LoZ games I can think of to have post-game content were the original NES one which was technically a new game + and Majora's Mask which was had time travel as a major element, all other LoZ games just end with the defeat of the final boss and you could only continue from your last save point which is right before the endgame.

Oracle of Seasons/Ages and Minish Cap all had a post-game where you could have a victory lap after defeating the final boss! :eng101:
So maybe it's more of a Capcom Zelda thing than Nintendo.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Cross linking to another forum but whatever.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/6n68gq/odd_graphical_glitch_found_at_lake_hylia/

Great way to start a episode imo: Dead-eye Link in no-shading land.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Ben drowned.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Glaive17 posted:

The in-game reason there is no postgame is because it is implied all the monsters and such were a direct result of Ganon's power, what with the blood moon and all bringing them back. So, if Ganon is gone, no monsters.

The real reason here is no postgame is they would have to write new lines for any NPC in the game that mentions monsters or Ganon or the castle being dangerous or anything like that. That is a lot of work for a game as big as this, which was already delayed a few times I believe.

You can always reload your save from right before fighting Ganon, I believe the game auto-saves for you as well when you walk in the door. So, you're never locked out of your file at least.

Oh yeah, I know it would be a lot of work but considering how 'life sucks, Calamity Ganon is ushering in 10,000 years of darkness! Where's the hero?!' everyone is, I just assumed that you'd be able to do stuff afterwards and also have Zelda around to be a character for once not in a DS game.

Plus I'm sure there's a ton of non monster fighting sidequests you could be doing too.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Taking a detour to sate our wanderlust before we properly save Zora's Domain.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What a scoop!

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, FUKKEN BIRD MAAAAAAAAAAAAN

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

ThornBrain posted:

If there's a body of water, chances are there's a chest in it.

I think when I found that particular chest, I just picked it up and put it right back in the water.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It was probably just reflection on the rain, but for a moment there I thought the riverside stable had its own chalk horses.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Kass is wonderful

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Good Lord, it's cool that they're doing things to make some shrines unique but why the hell was that flower one a fail and reset thing?
And why would you make a maze out of them?

Also, for how much of this LP has been exploring, I'm surprised as havent seen a slew piece of armor since the plateau.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Good Lord, it's cool that they're doing things to make some shrines unique but why the hell was that flower one a fail and reset thing?
And why would you make a maze out of them?

Also, for how much of this LP has been exploring, I'm surprised as havent seen a slew piece of armor since the plateau.

The flower thing is meant to be annoying as hell, though you can brute force it :v:

Also, for as much as thornbrain loves climbing, I'm amazed we didn't get a piece of armor this video.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Nalesh posted:

The flower thing is meant to be annoying as hell, though you can brute force it :v:

Yeah, it's a maze that's three inches high and there's a tree right next to it. Though I think you need to get up that stony bit to get enough to go all the way.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I meant with fire but that works too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nalesh posted:

Also, for as much as thornbrain loves climbing, I'm amazed we didn't get a piece of armor this video.

Yeah, my thought was set a fire and fly over it. Also, gently caress, I didn't realize I'd left so many typos in that last post. drat my phone's aggressive auto-correct.

http://i.imgur.com/016QaMi.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/61cejK7.mp4

What's eventually going to gently caress me is when Thorn finds a Korok, runs off to pick up a rock and then waddles back just to drop it on its head. Because I can only manage to capture time for 15 seconds can't do gifs over 15 seconds.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, my thought was set a fire and fly over it. Also, gently caress, I didn't realize I'd left so many typos in that last post. drat my phone's aggressive auto-correct.

No no, set fire to the flowers :black101:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
The funny thing is that when you complete the shrine (or unlock it) the shrine quest is complete. So of course I stepped on the flowers on the way out. :black101:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Can you BURN the flowers?

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

Pretty cool medley of some of the Zelda BotW music. Some musical spoilers if you are concerned about that, but I think it's very well done:
https://youtu.be/HmslSJTCWDQ

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie
I've ben watching this LP with my son, who is 5, and we've both been enjoying it quite a bit. He's especially a fan of Skippy; as we were watching this last episode, he told me, "That guy is so funny, he makes me crap." So, thanks for the LP.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Skrewtape posted:

I've ben watching this LP with my son, who is 5, and we've both been enjoying it quite a bit. He's especially a fan of Skippy; as we were watching this last episode, he told me, "That guy is so funny, he makes me crap." So, thanks for the LP.

Possibly the finest compliment I've received in 6 years of LPs

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
that shrine flower planting psycho lady was great, first time i landed on the island via glider, right in the middle of them. next time, i just started running towards the shrine, two seps later, in the flowers.
i ended up running a few more time into the Flowers, so i Vote for you showing her reactions to that, because it is hilarious.

other than that, i really love the chemistry you got going. und i learning new stuff almost every video, so thats nice too

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
first time I found the flower shrine, I was paragliding over towards it, and I ended up landing smack in the middle of the flowers. I had a good laugh at the shrine.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Can you make lightning strike on korok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

NHO posted:

Can you make lightning strike on korok?

Yeah, just drop a metal weapon beside one during a thunderstorm.

• Locked thread