Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I have never seen my ping go above 45 playing FD. It's incredibly stable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Macarius Wrench posted:

Was Titanfall the first shooter to include npc enemies in the same match as players? genius move.

I presume we aren't counting things like quake etc?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Does playing fd defense with an aegis lvl 20 Titan get you anything more for that titan?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

xxEightxx posted:

Does playing fd defense with an aegis lvl 20 Titan get you anything more for that titan?

Don't you get a banner at 24?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

xxEightxx posted:

They're talking about MOBA-style minions rather than bots, presumably.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

xxEightxx posted:

Yeah I should have been clearer, Quake and so on had bots you could play in multi-player games that resembled real players but I meant more in the context of Titanfall where the NPCs are meant to be cannon fodder

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Jesus christ Boomer is obnoxious in Titanfall Assault. Countering him isn't so bad but if you don't have that answer he just wrecks.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Good lord the LSTAR is the bomb in multiplayer. I've been giving it a whirl and just wrecked face. The monarch seems to hold up well in fights with other titans, too. I've been doing a lot of hit and run stuff with it and it seems to be well suited for dropping burst damage on people while charging its shields, then running when they start to shoot back and you need to reload. Is there a better strategy, or do I just stick with that?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
:byewhore:
http://i.imgur.com/BwUH8PK.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/LjZ0mZ4.gifv

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sorry theworstunicorn I wasn't ignoring you I just never usually look at the chat. :v:

my regret is I have but one nuke to give

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 2, 2017

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Flipswitch posted:

Sorry theworstunicorn I wasn't ignoring you I just never usually look at the chat. :v:

my regret is I have but one nuke to give

hey man no worries

Is anyone else experiencing monumental lag spikes since the patch drop? I haven't completed a match all day, because I randomly reach pings of 3000-4000 (no typo). Then I crash out of the game, losing all progress. Usually I hover below 50. Data centre London or Belgium. It's seriously pissing me off.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Speaking of which:

http://i.imgur.com/gnvWeHN.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/5EN9luS.gifv

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 3, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Good timing because we likely won't see anymore content from here on out. Maybe cosmetics?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

They'll probably do stuff for the next two months, or at least to commemorate the 1 year mark, but yeah, don't expect much.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Vlex posted:

hey man no worries

Is anyone else experiencing monumental lag spikes since the patch drop? I haven't completed a match all day, because I randomly reach pings of 3000-4000 (no typo). Then I crash out of the game, losing all progress. Usually I hover below 50. Data centre London or Belgium. It's seriously pissing me off.

Yeah, I asked about that the other day. I'm usually sub 50 but I'll go into 3-4K off the NY data center

E: playing on PS4

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't think anyone who plays this game knows about the minimap. It's the only thing that explains these morons.

Edit: just lost amped hardpoint 400:41.

Snak fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 3, 2017

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It doesn't look like there is a minimap on insane based on the last few minutes of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzmrZBiLyhE

e: After one of them casually drops that monarch has the lowest winrate on hard, I would really like to see the rest of their stats on winrate etc

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Snak posted:

I don't think anyone who plays this game knows about the minimap. It's the only thing that explains these morons.

Edit: just lost amped hardpoint 400:41.

I think the objective markers and score counter are off by default in anything other than Attrition.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

The lag thing seems to be a persistent server-side issue (or rather, the bridges between different servers, some Respawn, some 3rd party). Very strange that it appeared now, as the new patch dropped and not, say, ever at all in the past year.

I just hope they quiet fix it :(

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I love the "F_D new maps only" rotation mode. That way I can play F_D without worrying about Wargames.

Rubber Ducky
Nov 5, 2009
That's an option?! I have to look for this.

Also, the explodey barrels upgrade for Scorch at Aegis 20 are the most fun ever.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Scorch's level ups are basically that macmahon surprised face gif for every aegis rank

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

Scorch's level ups are basically that macmahon surprised face gif for every aegis rank

Truth

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Scorch has the best aegis upgrades of all the titans in my opinion. Getting to 3 thermite shots and explosive barrels is just something else.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, going back to regular scorch and having to reload every shot is rough.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
They should really make 2 or even 3 shots baseline on him.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I haven't got 3 shots yet, but 2 would be good. The fact that you usually have to detonate your traps with a shot really hurts when you have to reload before you shoot again.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

Snak posted:

I haven't got 3 shots yet, but 2 would be good. The fact that you usually have to detonate your traps with a shot really hurts when you have to reload before you shoot again.

You can also detonate them with thermite

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Vlex posted:

You can also detonate them with thermite

...wut?

I mean, you can detonate them with pretty much anything that burns, but often to put a thing that burns into a trap that you shot, you need to shoot thermite at it...

I use firewall to detonate my traps a lot, but it depends on the situation which is better.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

Snak posted:

...wut?

I mean, you can detonate them with pretty much anything that burns, but often to put a thing that burns into a trap that you shot, you need to shoot thermite at it...

I use firewall to detonate my traps a lot, but it depends on the situation which is better.

I meant firewall, but firewall is thermite soooo.....

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Dude, speaking of Scorch, discovering that, on FD, the fire shield will just massacre a cluster of drone was the best thing ever.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Snak posted:

Dude, speaking of Scorch, discovering that, on FD, the fire shield will just massacre a cluster of drone was the best thing ever.

Yep it's fantastic on Rise and homestead

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

One time a guy on my team told us that we needed to take care of drones on Homestead because he couldn't as Scorch. :what:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Guillermus posted:

I love the "F_D new maps only" rotation mode. That way I can play F_D without worrying about Wargames.

Rubber Ducky posted:

That's an option?! I have to look for this.

Where is this option? I got back to back Wargames last night, followed by dropping in wave 4 for Rise :(

Of course it felt great showing up on Rise when the highest scoring person was barely breaking 900 and I drop in to save the day and post some ridiculous score at the end. Thanks Scorch!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Eyud posted:

One time a guy on my team told us that we needed to take care of drones on Homestead because he couldn't as Scorch. :what:

Being a good shot as scorch is really important, because of the long reload time. Even at range I can nail a cluster of drones, and sometimes the splash kills more than one. Also I midair killed a pilot this morning and it ruled.

I played monarch for the first time last night. It's okay. The tactical rearm feels like it takes way too fuckin long. Being able to stay alive for loving ever by resheilding is pretty invaluable on FD, but I miss the dps of like, every other titan. Obviously that needs to be a tradeoff, but it's less exciting. I'm gonna try it out for awhile though, since I've got the first 3 aegis upgrades on every other titan.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

FD New Maps Only is an option from the MP match selection screen, you don't see that screen if you queue directly for FD from the main menu.

I think it replaces Insane FD for the week.

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me
The way I have fun with Monarch is to have maelstrom with double smoke and energy thief. Once I get my second core, I'm on this constant cycle running up to clustered up titans, popping maelstrom on them, executing at least one for batteries to charge up my core, and popping my core to work on getting two more smokes ad infinitum. Once you get the Aegis upgrade where your smoke give you shield, your survivability goes way up because you almost never lose shields. Whenever you're in combat, you're almost always inside your own smoke or you're executing a titan which gives you a battery anyways. If you pair this up with both XO-16 upgrades as your first and third core, you can melt titans are long range as well and set them up to be easily executed in order to recharge your lightning-fart machine.

The main problem is that it takes so long to build up those first two cores. Maybe I'm terrible with stock Monarch, but I don't seem to do enough damage to titans to build it up which leaves me pretty useless for all of wave 2 and most of wave 3.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Guillermus posted:

I love the "F_D new maps only" rotation mode.

:eyepop:

Guillermus posted:

Getting to 3 thermite shots and explosive barrels is just something else.

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

Lemon-Lime posted:

They should really make 2 or even 3 shots baseline on him.

2 if nothing else. It would hardly make him OP in any capacity, at least in PVP.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

When smart core is running does it matter which mode you're in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Digirat posted:

When smart core is running does it matter which mode you're in?
Smart Core will inherit the damage fall-off of whatever mode you're in so if you can it's best to swap to long range mode for Smart Core just so you can do max damage further out.