Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

iSurrender posted:

A very convincing argument there.

I didn't think it was worthwhile to spend more time on that comment than you spend coming up with the analogy. Because it wasn't a good analogy. At all.

Edit: Getting free poo poo is nice, getting more free poo poo somewhat dependent on what you invested in the game is even nicer. Just look at the HotS 2.0 release. It's still MOBA #3, but that game got a significant shot in the arm with that update (even though their new unlockable system is a confusing freemium-style mess).

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Sep 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
maybe people do need to buy avatars to get better at posting

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mierenneuker posted:

I didn't think it was worthwhile to spend more time on that comment than you spend coming up with the analogy. Because it wasn't a good analogy. At all.

Edit: Getting free poo poo is nice, getting more free poo poo somewhat dependent on what you invested in the game is even nicer. Just look at the HotS 2.0 release. It's still MOBA #3, but that game got a significant shot in the arm with that update (even though their new unlockable system is a confusing freemium-style mess).

I'd argue over HotS being the #3 MOBA, it's probably #4 behind Smite.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Lovechop posted:

methanar fucks his computer

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Teikanmi posted:

by the way, according to riot's EULA, you don't own your account or games, you just lease it from Riot. I mean, it doesn't matter anyways because you're getting a completely new rune system for free, but just in case you thought you owned your runes and skins and stuff, you actually don't

in the end, the time and money you spent on these runes eventually led Riot games to develop this obviously better and more interesting and intuitive system that's coming in preseason, so you're really not losing anything, just your time-money is being diverted into that project. don't fret my friend

No one is arguing that Riot should be sued for stealing your runes you disingenuous dipshit.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

njsykora posted:

I'd argue over HotS being the #3 MOBA, it's probably #4 behind Smite.

I'd give HotS the advantage based on a bigger Twitch presence and having a permanently visible spot within the Battle.net launcher (despite Smite having a superior business model from a consumer perspective). It's definitely between those two though.

What would be the final game in the MOBA top 5 though? The first Dota?

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 3, 2017

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Taciturn Tactician posted:

No one is arguing that Riot should be sued for stealing your runes you disingenuous dipshit.

uhhhhh

ok :stare:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

:matters:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
>use terrible argument

WOAH WATCH YOUR TONE FELLA

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
All of this badposting?! You'll rune the day!! :D

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Haha

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Good one

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mierenneuker posted:

I'd give HotS the advantage based on a bigger Twitch presence and having a permanently visible spot within the Battle.net launcher (despite Smite having a superior business model from a consumer perspective). It's definitely between those two though.

Battleborn.

Non-comedy answer, probably Lords Online. It seems to be building a playerbase as a reasonably robust mobile MOBA (MOBAle?)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

VideoGames posted:

All of this badposting?! You'll rune the day!! :D

hey, did you ever get into league of legends "Video Games"

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

anyway, i would like to posit that there is no point discussing this refund anymore since nobody from riot cares about this thread. we can determine that because if they did, they would have already renamed challenger to "the league of legends", and there would be a skin for rengar where rengar is a kitty cat and his bolas are just balls of yarn and instead of loud roars it is just meowing sounds. therefore all this discussion is doing is getting people into escalating flame wars over nothing at all

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Fact: video games is the best mod

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

Battleborn.

Non-comedy answer, probably Lords Online. It seems to be building a playerbase as a reasonably robust mobile MOBA (MOBAle?)

I really wish Battleborn was more popular than it is. It's a great idea and was a lot of fun when I played it at release. If Riot wanted another game, I think something like that could really use their design and aesthetic appeal.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

me playing league of the legends

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

just came back to this dumb game after more than 3 years away, got placed in silver 2, which is fine because I was never more than low gold. I last played in season 4.

Galio is pretty cool now. ADCs feel like garbage. I like how nobody is making GBS threads their pants when I play weird stuff like dual bruisers botlane or lucian top. People are a lot nicer than in CSGO. I forgot that.

Why is Graves a Jungler? Is it because of the cigar?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Think its cos his basic auto attack hits multiple targets so he ends up shoving lane and getting ganked. You don't see him much these days tho

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
also he has wall dashes and does well with red smite and can knock back jungle creatures so he can kite forever and take no damage

but yeah, he was changed like 3 years ago and was really strong in the jungle for a long time and he was in like every game for a few years and it was really annoying to play with and against

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

spouse posted:

just came back to this dumb game after more than 3 years away, got placed in silver 2, which is fine because I was never more than low gold. I last played in season 4.

Galio is pretty cool now. ADCs feel like garbage. I like how nobody is making GBS threads their pants when I play weird stuff like dual bruisers botlane or lucian top. People are a lot nicer than in CSGO. I forgot that.

Why is Graves a Jungler? Is it because of the cigar?

You were gone long enough that you missed that they actually took the cigar away and just recently gave it back.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

smoking is banned in the lanes, its for everyone's safety

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Oh poo poo there's more of us here

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 3, 2017

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Servaetes posted:

Oh poo poo there's more of us here

I stole it from reddit.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Oh yeah lmao, they offered 5 bucks off the shirt for that whoopsie, I'll try to see if the sign is up apologizing for it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mierenneuker posted:

adventure time battle party, although gunter is OP as poo poo

its sort of funny that hots is actually the best run esport in blizzard history, even though it seems like blizzard doesn't really care for it much. the hots professional scene is actually all right and the 2.0 patch was quite good, they're doing a great job with that game and it's easily the most rewarding moba to play casually. unfortunately the noob stomper characters in that game are insanely unfun to play against

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Yeah I'm kinda sad HOTS is doing kinda stinky compared to Blizzard's lineup. It's as relaxing as a Moba can get. Though I guess people who generally dig mobas aren't into relaxing. Double edged sword? I don't know. Also their art team kinda feels like the B team if you know what I mean. Lucio looks kinda off and he moves a bit funny.

Buckwheat Sings fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Sep 4, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
hots is trash poop

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

hots is trash poop

HoTShit

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Teikanmi posted:

League of Legends Season 8: methanar fucks his computer

how?!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Yeah I'm kinda sad HOTS is doing kinda stinky compared to Blizzard's lineup. It's as relaxing as a Moba can get. Though I guess people who generally dig mobas aren't into relaxing. Double edged sword? I don't know. Also their art team kinda feels like the B team if you know what I mean. Lucio looks kinda off and he moves a bit funny.

All the Overwatch characters look a bit off since they're all downgraded models with far less facial animation. It's a bit like going from a real human being to a Madame Tussaud wax statue. You recognize who it is, but there is just a whole lot missing from the real deal.

As for HotS, I think it mainly appeals to people who could never get into LoL/Dota or played those games and got burned out on them. It's a more casual MOBA for a more casual audience. I'd make a comment about "people who don't want to read patch notes" but we all know those people exist for every game.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I think hots also has a nice combo of more interesting mechanics/kits than league, without having the mana pools/complexity of DotA. Just the 'whole team snowballing' thing gets old.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I think my favorite part of video games renaming the thread is that it still says season 6

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I think Servaetes promised to make a new thread next season

Serv hit my up when the time comes and I'll update the image in the op

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

wow, i got all the old honour icons except great team mate. some people talking poo poo about my teamwork. motherfuckers i am straight cooperative with it!!!

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

foutre posted:

I think hots also has a nice combo of more interesting mechanics/kits than league, without having the mana pools/complexity of DotA. Just the 'whole team snowballing' thing gets old.

I feel like HotS kits generally aren't more interesting that the latest ones from League, but they're certainly weirder. Cho'Gall is more bizarre than any League kit even though none of the abilities are as unique as the uses you can give Taliyah's Weaver Wall. Really wish there was individual snowballing to HotS so specific kits could be more relevant.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I'd love it if league had a hero like ChoGall.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:thunk: ... It's everyone else who's wrong. :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Honestly the worst part of that is absolutely that you're playing so much blind pick why do you hate yourself that much?

• Locked thread