Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

But why are Terezi and Tavros involved? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
yep, my horoscope-addled brain immediately wondered if this was the court playing astrological matchmaker

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Tendales posted:

Eyes Only is a jargon term for classified documents intended to be read by a particular person or people, rather than being available to anyone with sufficient clearance.

This being Gunnerkrigg, there could easily be more significance to the phrase than that, though.

Yes but then it's usually qualified.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

witchcore ricepunk posted:

yep, my horoscope-addled brain immediately wondered if this was the court playing astrological matchmaker

they maneuvered surma into going on the trip with anthony by brutally murdering anja's mother

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I get the feeling the Omega Project is going to become the next big long-running deal now that Jeanne is dealt with.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Venuz Patrol posted:

they maneuvered surma into going on the trip with anthony by brutally murdering anja's mother
Wouldn't exactly be a new low for the Court.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Hey wtf how does Anja (relaying this story) know about that EYES ONLY report? Especially if she doesn't even have eyes.

And past that, she's relaying this information to two students! One of which works for Coyote!!!

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Tenebrais posted:

I get the feeling the Omega Project is going to become the next big long-running deal now that Jeanne is dealt with.

It does feel like that's where this is headed. That and the Cult of the Creator plot line. And given that Tony is presumably going to benefit from some of Kat's research along that path, the two could very well become intertwined.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

EmmyOk posted:

Can't wait for him to become a full on gym rat

I have matters (getting swole) to attend to.

Granted, Jimmy must be pretty buff at this point as well.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Hodgepodge posted:

I have matters (getting swole) to attend to.

Granted, Jimmy must be pretty buff at this point as well.

Next time we see Eggers he's just gonna be a Part-1 JoJo character

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
I bet we won't actually see what they do regarding the Omega project. It'll be censored or something.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Axiem posted:

I bet we won't actually see what they do regarding the Omega project. It'll be censored or something.

Of course, it's Gunnerkrigg. I wouldn't be surprised if the next page was a hard cut to them packing to go home.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

PubicMice posted:

Next time we see Eggers he's just gonna be a Part-1 JoJo character

GOODBYE JIMMY-JIMS

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tenebrais posted:

It's already been a major plot line. It's the whole point of the court: man's endeavor to become god. The big ether siphons we see in one of those Jack chapters is part of the omega project.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Tony asking the important questions this page.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I hate this leaf! It must burn! Fire!

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Tony's scientist senses are tingling

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

burn it

burn it all

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Potato Salad posted:

burn it

burn it all

Came here to post this

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Way to tell a girl she's hot, Tony. :rolleyes:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Next page goes back to Anja explaining to the girls that's why South America is now a desert

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Iceclaw posted:

Way to tell a girl she's hot, Tony. :rolleyes:

Came here to post that it wasn't the jungle that is hot. Tony is hot. :swoon:

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 1, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So, is Anja relaying to the girls how Tony was doing some shady court stuff no one seems to know about? Does that mean Surma told her that stuff?

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
This is so tender but just makes me so sad. Tony could be warm and nice and funny—is Annie thinking right now that she did something to deserve his treatment of her?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

This is so tender but just makes me so sad. Tony could be warm and nice and funny—is Annie thinking right now that she did something to deserve his treatment of her?

I believe we'll see a progression from a Tony that could still open himself in the right conditions to current Tony.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Samuringa posted:

I believe we'll see a progression from a Tony that could still open himself in the right conditions to current Tony.

This chapter started because we saw with Kat that he can still open up in the right conditions.

But Annie has still never seen that side of him.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Even with Tony having outright explained much of the reason to her (unknowingly), I don't think she's ever not thought about that.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

What if his "eyes only" instructions were to be nice to her?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Scaramouche posted:

What if his "eyes only" instructions were to be nice to her?

the instructions were literally "look at her eyes only you dingus, don't stare at her boobs or butt. good luck mate- donny"

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

cant cook creole bream posted:

So, is Anja relaying to the girls how Tony was doing some shady court stuff no one seems to know about? Does that mean Surma told her that stuff?

It's not a flashback so I wouldn't presume that the kids are learning about any of this in particular other than, so far, "they fell in love :gonk:"

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

SHISHKABOB posted:

It's not a flashback so I wouldn't presume that the kids are learning about any of this in particular other than, so far, "they fell in love :gonk:"

But they're probably hearing something! Maybe just "My mom died and then they had a fun sexy time in South America"

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Your dad's great, Annie, he's only an rear end to you.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

:stare: :supaburn:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
get you a man who tests your capabilities of lighting stuff on fire using the ether like tony carver

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Effortlessly makes people want to impress him.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Did I detect some burning?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ooooooooh

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Annie seems a lot better at this whole fire elemental thing than Surma is

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

GodFish posted:

Annie seems a lot better at this whole fire elemental thing than Surma is

I get the impression Surma didn't spend nearly as much time with Coyote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Smokey the Bear would not approve...