Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

The Lord of Hats posted:

I kind of hope we get Sato in the commentary room next, dude hasn't gotten much development in the manga.
I didn't even know his quirk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jackard posted:

I didn't even know his quirk.

I just explained it in this last episode. He gets strong but stupid when he eats sugar.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

fool_of_sound posted:

I just explained it in this last episode. He gets strong but stupid when he eats sugar.

Not quite. He gets stronger when he eats sugar but his metal power slows down. So he does not become stupider just mentally slower. And it depends on how much sugar he takes in.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It's a cool power but the poor guy has a boring costume and no interesting character traits really shown. He's probably the most forgettable member of Class A. The other guy at least has a weird head

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
MHA is cool cause it goes the way of early Naruto where everyone gets some screentime to strut their stuff but then there's Sugar Boy and Rock Face Boy who i sincerely do not know the full names of off the top of my head.

Not that it's Horikoshi's fault, 20 students is a lot even when you cull it down to the five main characters, but it feels bad when even like Sero and his goofy Tape From Elbows Quirk gets to look cool where Shoji and Rock Head are just, haaaanging out.

Sorry it sounds like im complaining itt, I just wanna see all my kids get to play in the big soccer game

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

whenever tokoyami's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "where's tokoyami?"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Moltrey posted:

MHA is cool cause it goes the way of early Naruto where everyone gets some screentime to strut their stuff but then there's Sugar Boy and Rock Face Boy who i sincerely do not know the full names of off the top of my head.

Not that it's Horikoshi's fault, 20 students is a lot even when you cull it down to the five main characters, but it feels bad when even like Sero and his goofy Tape From Elbows Quirk gets to look cool where Shoji and Rock Head are just, haaaanging out.

Sorry it sounds like im complaining itt, I just wanna see all my kids get to play in the big soccer game

Shouji got to do something in the cavalry battle I think.

Anyway not every member of the class needs focus imo. I'm cool with Sugar Man just being another head in the crowd.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
transfer sugar man out and transfer in monoma or tetsutetsu

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I want to see the mind control guy again

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Kendou is the best and I wish she got more screentime but she belongs in 1-B using her big hand to smack everyone in line.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
legit wish Monoma was in Class A just to have someone else antagonistic that isn't outright aggression and also the girl whom make her hands big

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I don't think Monoma's schtick would be nearly as strong if he was a member of Class A, and Kendou really benefits from being the straight man to his insufferable rear end in a top hat. If anyone were to be swapped into Class A from B I think the best choice would be Ibara, though her personality might have a bit too much overlap with Momo's.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Make a spinoff called B-Side focusing on Class B.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

swap in Manga or Pony.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm surprised that there was a spinoff about vigilantes before there was one about the 20 other great superheroes of tomorrow right next door, but I guess then you'd need to worry about canon and people rather tell their Batman stories

The Lord of Hats posted:

I don't think Monoma's schtick would be nearly as strong if he was a member of Class A, and Kendou really benefits from being the straight man to his insufferable rear end in a top hat. If anyone were to be swapped into Class A from B I think the best choice would be Ibara, though her personality might have a bit too much overlap with Momo's.
I think you could def make Monoma into a less innocent Aoyama. He doesnt seem to be hated in his class, but def a level of "This loving Guy"

Also, this is just something I wanna get off my chest, but I don't think Tokoyami is that cool. I love his design and his Quirk is cool, but his actual character seems to just be the serious guy and even from what I've read in the manga, I don't feel he has any real chemistry with anyone and is just kinda A Dude. I feel like people could probably say the same about my personal fav Todoroki tho so let go and let God

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Make a spinoff called B-Side focusing on Class B.

:yeah:

My friends in class B are real cool and good and they should get more stuff to do. They probably don't even need to join Class A to do it.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Transfer deku into class b instead of swapping class b dudes into class a

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Davinci posted:

Transfer deku into class b instead of swapping class b dudes into class a

This would probably be more effective at getting them screentime because Sugar Man is proof that being in Class A doesn't automatically give you focus.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Moltrey posted:

I'm surprised that there was a spinoff about vigilantes before there was one about the 20 other great superheroes of tomorrow right next door, but I guess then you'd need to worry about canon and people rather tell their Batman stories

Give me my loving SoL starring Mina already! :argh:

Moltrey posted:

Also, this is just something I wanna get off my chest, but I don't think Tokoyami is that cool. I love his design and his Quirk is cool, but his actual character seems to just be the serious guy and even from what I've read in the manga, I don't feel he has any real chemistry with anyone and is just kinda A Dude. I feel like people could probably say the same about my personal fav Todoroki tho so let go and let God

He gets more development later on. He' *is* a relatively serious dude, but he also has a huge chuuni streak. It doesn't stand out quite as much because he actually does have a literal dark spirit inside of him that's hard to control, but he is absolutely acting dark and brooding because he thinks it's badass.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What came first? The power, or the edge?

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Caught up recently and I just thought of something from episode 20

is the schoolgirl in All Might's example his mentor? She looks like her

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

The Lord of Hats posted:

Give me my loving SoL starring Mina already! :argh:

He gets more development later on. He' *is* a relatively serious dude, but he also has a huge chuuni streak. It doesn't stand out quite as much because he actually does have a literal dark spirit inside of him that's hard to control, but he is absolutely acting dark and brooding because he thinks it's badass.

I feel he had Mina Ashido come from a similar place here. Mina saw Aliens and went "Wow, they've got acid and junk--just like me!" while Tokoyami at around 11-12 watched a bunch of shonen with heroes with DARK UNCONTROLLABLE POWER and had the same sort of thought. It's just that Tokoyami went all in, while Mina just admires Xenomorphs.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The Lord of Hats posted:

I'm excited to see that, I'll try to pick the manga back up after the season ends.

Even now tho I don't get a dark and brooding vibe from him, he's respectful to everyone and is excited to have Midoriya try and make a strategy around his power in the Calavary Battle, maybe the animal trainer guy from Dangan Ronpa has hosed my scale of what Chunni can be. Also we just haven't seen the dark side of his spirit yet, instead we see it being scared of light and liking head pets which is good too dont get me wrong

Yeah Tokoyami just hasn't hit me in the way it seems to have for everyone else. I imagine this is what it feels like for the one guy who doesn't get the appeal of Froppy

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

bird boy

best boy

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Less Batman and more The Question/Rorschach.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Thank God this show doesn't have love triangles

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I mean, technically 1-A and 1-B are both supposed to be the top classes, with neither better than the other, it's just the USJ attack threw things a bit out of whack. From an actual school standpoint there's really not much reason to transfer people between those two classes. Any upward or downward transfer of students would probably be to or from 1-C (or below, if anyone from Management or Support actually cared).

Shinso joining 1-A in the future would be pretty cool though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

E: I thought if I was vague, it'd be fine.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Sep 4, 2017

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

This is the anime thread.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lord Koth posted:

I mean, technically 1-A and 1-B are both supposed to be the top classes, with neither better than the other, it's just the USJ attack threw things a bit out of whack. From an actual school standpoint there's really not much reason to transfer people between those two classes. Any upward or downward transfer of students would probably be to or from 1-C (or below, if anyone from Management or Support actually cared).

Shinso joining 1-A in the future would be pretty cool though.

I like Shinso so goddamn much.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Where do I find a spoiler that tells me how far away more shinso is and literally nothing else

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My love of Shinso is based on the sports day not on any future thing

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kaubocks posted:

bird boy

best boy

This but honourable tail man Ojiro, who gave up his shot at glory because he felt it unearned.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

ninjewtsu posted:

Where do I find a spoiler that tells me how far away more shinso is and literally nothing else

Here is the spoiler for exactly this that I am clearly marking for everyone else's safety.

Shinso has basically not existed since the children fighting Olympics so he is a very long ways off in the Anime unless they decide to use him in some filler.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Monoma isn't technically wrong in his assertions about class 1-A being trouble magnets.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

being half tape seems like a very specific power

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Monoma isn't technically wrong in his assertions about class 1-A being trouble magnets.

Even more, an authors note points out that the only thing he actually knows about 1-A is that when Tetsutetsu showed up to talk to them Bakugou was a huge dick and then he was again in his speech at the sports festival. He's pretty justified to think 1-A are assholes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Deku is the trouble magnet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Comes with being a protagonist in a shounen series, really.

• Locked thread