Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Sefal posted:

isn't the disc just a drm thing now. since the game is basically completely installed on the ps4???

the beauty of physical disc is that you can sell the game, or even create new accounts for the same game

I made one for my cousin, so he could play with his own titan when was visiting my house :3, that titan punching dregs in the cosmodrome was my cousin all this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Tei posted:

the beauty of physical disc is that you can sell the game, or even create new accounts for the same game

I made one for my cousin, so he could play with his own titan when was visiting my house :3, that titan punching dregs in the cosmodrome was my cousin all this time

That's why it confuses me that the disc caused read errors.
I prefer physical games but to be fair, you can do the same with primary accounts. Buy the game on the account that is set to primary on the PS4 and you can play the game on other accounts on that PS4 and you can play the game on another PS4 while logged in to the primary account.

Good for when you have a friend and you split the price on digital games.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Sent a join request for [KINK] with PSN Charrison3774

Figure I'll make a real effort to be more of a social butterfly this time around, and do some raids when they're relevant.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Tei posted:

You can do this with the digital copy on Xbone, it's how I ran alts that didn't have ridiculous sbmm for about 12 matches. Can you not on PS4?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Sefal posted:

That's why it confuses me that the disc caused read errors.

they have to do some basic checks to make sure pirates are not flooding the market with cheap clones of mayor games

For online games I like more digital download. You will still have to download something ( Destiny 2 v1.05 is a 6 GB download ), you only save some time downloading, but you are cursed forever with a physical thing can can get scratched or lost.

Having many games in the console, and quick switching from the menu, withouth having to search a cd, is pure digital bliss. I am happy people still buy phisical discs, because that help preserving some user rights, but I actually avoid physical disc when I can. Every now and then is nice to buy a cheap CD in gamestop for some game I was interested but not enough.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You can do this with the digital copy on Xbone, it's how I ran alts that didn't have ridiculous sbmm for about 12 matches. Can you not on PS4?

It works for me. I have a Destiny 1 account with 3 characters and my cousin have another account with another 3 characters in the same console.

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 4, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

What is this name madness? DeeJ is currently in critical condition after being kicked in the balls and having a rockstar can bounced off his head, and i slept maybe 3 hours last night.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You can, it's what I'm doing since I have literally everything I want on my main account.

It's kinda weird asking goons "Hey you wanna do nightfall, oh I'm on Ularg instead of Phorrum rn"

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Why would that be weird?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Friendly reminder that we should populate the discord chat for party man's once the game launches.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Sefal posted:

Why would that be weird?

Being friends with me once is bad enough.

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.
The Discord's great. Come on in now.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sent PSN request for the bigger KINK since my main will be on the PC KINK but that group is full for PSN.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
We also have nachos.

https://discord.gg/n34naX

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
So loving pumped about tomorrow god I wanna come

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Sefal posted:

isn't the disc just a drm thing now. since the game is basically completely installed on the ps4???

I think most games are flat out installed now, it's just quicker to seek the data off the storage. Less load times, more reliable on-the-fly data streaming

It's why some 360 games really struggle and sometimes flat out won't even load on a HDD-less console

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
I'm all digital baby. It's a bit more expensive but PSN has sales pretty frequently. Just keep an eye on the PS4 Deals reddit. No changing discs. We in the 21st century now.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Skeletron posted:

I'm all digital baby. It's a bit more expensive but PSN has sales pretty frequently. Just keep an eye on the PS4 Deals reddit. No changing discs. We in the 21st century now.

I hope one day. We will be able to buy physical disc and not have to change discs. when switching games without having bought it digitally

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

el B posted:

So loving pumped about tomorrow god I wanna come

Same :gizz:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I scheduled a day trip tomorrow to distract me/prevent me from jerking my dick all day in impotent anticipation lol

8====D - - - :bungie: :gizz:

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
I've entered the final stage of waiting. My dick is so raw I can no longer fap to pass the time.

I think I'm gonna install an SSD to pass a few hours and cut down on load times come Wednesday. Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do.

2151 minutes to go :f5:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
After D2 comes out I can to probably deal with Hurricane Irma. :toot:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im not going to get to play soon

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
:destiny:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Ularg posted:

Should I change the clan tag to [IRMA] in solidarity?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Lumpy posted:

Should I change the clan tag to [IRMA] in solidarity?

Only if I die, then it can alternate between that an [RIPP]

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Vintersorg posted:

Sent PSN request for the bigger KINK since my main will be on the PC KINK but that group is full for PSN.

You're in. Also a lot of us are double-dipping so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

VanillaGorilla posted:

Sent a join request for [KINK] with PSN Charrison3774

Figure I'll make a real effort to be more of a social butterfly this time around, and do some raids when they're relevant.

ACCEPTED. Thanks for joining, we have created the Discord channel precisely for easier social butterflying with bullets

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 4, 2017

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ularg posted:

As of last time I looked I'm a direct Irma target right on the coast :lol:

knob
May 25, 2005

knob
Just applied as Lateral for bigger dumber space men.

I impulse bought the complete destiny collection that included a free level 40 and have been playing the last few days. It's my first time in Destiny, other than the D2 beta. The early game felt kind of lovely and repetitive, but I've been having a lot more fun using my free level 40.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'm gonna miss this dumb game, especially Jazz Hands

https://i.imgur.com/suQ5t4m.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
but here's to hoping I can get more streamers to rage quit

https://i.imgur.com/XWGv1Mz.gifv

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Kilometers Davis posted:

So this will be the first time you've been approached by a female?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

:bungie:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

So this will be the first time you've been approached by a female?

Don't be silly, this isn't the first hurricane with a feminine name.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Good luck w/o voice comms tbh

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

Same. Looking forward to getting owned by a hurricane and not being able to play D2.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Florida Crew checking in for hurricane death

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

but here's to hoping I can get more streamers to rage quit

https://i.imgur.com/XWGv1Mz.gifv

ahh this is always so good

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Legs Benedict posted:

ahh this is always so good

It needs the audio.

"I'm not gonna play this."

https://xzzy.org/files/video/vod-137483480-offset-6160.197000000143-17.mp4

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Where's the one where a goon peregrine greaves a streamer out of his super and he takes his headphones off and walks away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013