Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Holy cow I can't believe people dislike the rabbids those little assholes are so charming

Because they're not going BWAH every 2 seconds like they normally do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzmUYIGeqq8

Mario XCOM /W Special Guest Appearance By Rabbids is a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
In a surprise to no one, the level that they made people play so that they would say the game was hard is actually incredibly easy.

Sarchasm posted:

How am I supposed to best deal with the chargers? I don't feel like the maps are big enough to space them out, and even ping-ponging them between two characters they'll eventually catch up to someone.

I usually use overwatch to take care of them. This gets easier and easier as you get more skill points though, because overwatch ends up hilariously powerful eventually.

E: In fact the boss of world 3 lost an entire forms HP in a single turn by daring to move 3 spaces.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Sep 4, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DalaranJ posted:

In a surprise to no one, the level that they made people play so that they would say the game was hard is actually incredibly easy.

What level is it?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Andrast posted:

What level is it?

3-8-1

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

If you're having trouble in World 2, Respec rabbid Luigi for Max dash damage, don't even put a skill point in weakness.

Vamp, dashx2, rocket, then max dash damage. Ram nerds for 110 per hit, twice each turn, and heal for 88 before you even attack.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
world 3 boss wasn't so bad once I got the hang of it. I wouldn't suggest doing it with Rabbid Luigi + Yoshi though.

E: Rabbid Yoshi was probably fine for his movespeed, but I'd have swapped Rabbid Luigi for Rabbid Mario or maybe Peach for frequent heals.

In the end I got a perfect because the AI for some reason didn't pick off the 16 life guy and instead went for someone else.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
lmfao at the 4-10 challenge :allears:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I really wish the Tacticam showed how far a Chain Chomp can move. It would make one of the hard world 2 challenges a lot easier to plan around.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
If you told someone a year ago that there would be serious discussion about strategy and tactics in a Mario and Rabbids crossover game, you'd have been laughed out of the building.

This is a good game.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Fetus posted:

I really wish the Tacticam showed how far a Chain Chomp can move. It would make one of the hard world 2 challenges a lot easier to plan around.

While you can't see their move distance, you can use Beep-0 in battle mode to see their aggro range

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

While you can't see their move distance, you can use Beep-0 in battle mode to see their aggro range

One thing I wish the game had was an undo command on just a simple move. There's been so many times I loving misclicked.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

beepo you suck

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Every time I start the game back up after putting it away for a while I forget that I'm controlling that piece of poo poo, not Mario. Makes those blue coin challenges kind of difficult if you don't remember that!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
There's no way for me to swap Luigi and Mario's starting positions, is there? :(

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I love the merciless bullying of Mario enemies in this game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think Peach (Actual) is my favorite character so far. Healing jump, grenades, scattergun, overwatch, and AOE protect. The other characters usually have one ability that is super situational or just a dud but all of Peach's are winners

I voted for Yoshi "Explosive Head" Munchakoopas in the poll though so I'm looking forward to him as well

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Chain Chomps are a real pain in the rear end. Unlike everything else in the game it's hard to know exactly what they'll do. How many tiles can they move? I have seen enemies with the chomp icon and the chomp will not have enough movement to get to them, and sometimes I have seen an enemy with a chomp icon literally adjacent to it and it will not attack. Yet when I'm the only thing in range it really feels like they move eight tiles to hit me

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Chain Chomps move 3 or 4 tiles I forget, and it's easy to manipulate them because they're a 3x3 tile body so they can't move in tight spaces.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
It's been brought up before, but I'm really impressed at how viable all of the characters there are. I don't really feel like there is a best group and having trouble identifying the worst character. I personally use Luigi and Rabbid Peach, mostly because I find having 2x of that type of secondary weapon is extremely useful. Also maxed out Stare + Mario's overwatch is pretty awesome. Using it offensively against the big guys is pretty helpful, using Stare first and then firing at the guys who charge you messes them up.

When I watch streams I see new strategies all the time that I didn't even think of using all sorts of characters. I've 100% the first three worlds, think I'm going to do the co-op missions alone next before moving on to world 4.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I just got past the world 3 boss. This game is art. I can't believe I'm saying this about a Rabbids game of all things, but this game is art.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Am in world 3. Thought the world 2 boss was conceptually disappointing after the grandeur of boss 1. Hopefully boss 3 doesn't disappoint

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Calaveron posted:

Am in world 3. Thought the world 2 boss was conceptually disappointing after the grandeur of boss 1. Hopefully boss 3 doesn't disappoint

I really can't wait for this update.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

boss 3 is really really REALLY good

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Like the more I think about it the angrier I get, the boss is just a boring ice golem rabbid instead of finding a related ice mario monster or character (uh, I can't think of one. Rafael the Raven?) or a desert mario monster like the cactus guys
Hopefully boss 3 doesn't disappoint

OH poo poo THE ANGRY SUN that should've been the snow desert boss

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm pretty confident in saying this is the best animated a Nintendo game has ever been, maybe video game in general not counting online shorts like Overwatch and Team Fortress.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

al-azad posted:

I'm pretty confident in saying this is the best animated a Nintendo game has ever been, maybe video game in general not counting online shorts like Overwatch and Team Fortress.

Rabbid Peach and Rabbid Mario are a delight to observe, with special mention to Rabbid Luigi and uh Luis or whatever. I haven't gotten Yoshi or Rabbid Yoshi yet but I'm sure they're also fun to look at

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Like the more I think about it the angrier I get, the boss is just a boring ice golem rabbid instead of finding a related ice mario monster or character (uh, I can't think of one. Rafael the Raven?) or a desert mario monster like the cactus guys

It also doesn't help that it's just essentially a bigger version of the shield enemies.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

I just got past the world 3 boss. This game is art. I can't believe I'm saying this about a Rabbids game of all things, but this game is art.

Citizen Bwahne

I feel like I'm getting too many skill points by World 4. Every map is M-Power 70%, Luigi triple Overwatch, that's game.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

That would've been so good and I cannot think of a different conceptual Mario/rabbid fusion that would've been as great as that

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Calaveron posted:

That would've been so good and I cannot think of a different conceptual Mario/rabbid fusion that would've been as great as that

I'd do a Rabbid Phanto one but :effort:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

tried the first Challenge stage after clearing World 1 and boy, even for something ranked "very easy" it came down to the last movement. I'm glad it really puts your skill to the test

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

DLC Inc posted:

tried the first Challenge stage after clearing World 1 and boy, even for something ranked "very easy" it came down to the last movement. I'm glad it really puts your skill to the test
The challenges are largely just a puzzle for you to figure out. There's specific "reach the zones" ones later that have to be done in one turn and require specific movements and order to complete. It basically just tests your understanding of the game mechanics.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

fyi beepo is cool and my friend so please keep the slander out of this thread tia

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m in world 4 and:
- I’m now finally using rabbid Mario.
- holy poo poo I love rabbid Mario

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m in world 4 and:
- I’m now finally using rabbid Mario.
- holy poo poo I love rabbid Mario

His crowd control aspects are insane. If there's an open enough map with a decently sized group of enemies that are close enough to each other, you bet I'm bringing him in. Him, Rabbid Luigi, and Luigi are pretty much the characters I use the most.

The only character I'm not too big on is Rabbid Yoshi. He's basically just another generalist, and you're already forced to use one since you can't remove Mario from the party. Both Peaches don't gel with my playstyle, but at least they made certain challenges a lot easier.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

The challenges are largely just a puzzle for you to figure out. There's specific "reach the zones" ones later that have to be done in one turn and require specific movements and order to complete. It basically just tests your understanding of the game mechanics.

If respecs weren't free I would be really angry with the challenges. The dev that decided they should patch that in at the last minute is a true hero

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If respecs weren't free I would be really angry with the challenges. The dev that decided they should patch that in at the last minute is a true hero

the devs who worked on this game are some kind of genius contingent. so much quality of life poo poo especially in regard to the backtracking stuff of "go here to explore and do challenges, or go here to replay strictly the older battles for ranking/gold" and then again in how movement and attacks are playing out like a demented platforming RPG battle. it might be the best nintendo rpg game since Paper Mario and Seven Stars.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Am I the only one completely unable to beat 3-1? The ink status effects are brutal, and you can't ever move without someone taking a shot at you. Closet I've got was 2 left with just Luigi hiding out of range in a corner.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I guess I should try this respec'ing business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Nuts and Gum posted:

Am I the only one completely unable to beat 3-1? The ink status effects are brutal, and you can't ever move without someone taking a shot at you. Closet I've got was 2 left with just Luigi hiding out of range in a corner.

I guess I should try this respec'ing business.

It was hard to get a sense of how important some of the skills were in the first world so it would have felt bad to be locked into those early choices. And with challenges sometimes you need Luigi to have triple overwatch with maximum high ground bonus, sometimes you need him to have Itchy Feet +2 for 10 movespeed and double jump

• Locked thread