Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

So it's not just me.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Cards transforming into lands is the coolest

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rinkles posted:

So it's not just me.

Traditionally domesticated animals are white(For example, Armored Warhorse or Yoked Plowbeast), so I think it works fine.

-----

quote:

Deadeye Quartermaster
3U
Creature - Human Pirate
When Deadeye Quartermaster enters the battlefield, you may search your library for an Equipment or a Vehicle card and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Elyv posted:

Traditionally domesticated animals are white(For example, Armored Warhorse or Yoked Plowbeast), so I think it works fine.

These don't look domesticated

But I really don't consider this a major issue. There have been a lot bulky big butt white beasts over the years, if usually less wild. It's just unfortunate that color balance considerations (in terms of representation) sometimes clash with the creative side.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Rinkles posted:

If you look really really close you can see a tiny Jace mounted atop all the white dinosaurs.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I like how the preview card for it is a white dinosaur that is not domesticated at all

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rinkles posted:

Yeah that's weird. I'll admit I didn't actually look at the Ixalan art.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
No more scale birds, just use scale Jaces to show how large stuff is.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/904741854012428288

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

is that card better or worse in a vacuum than Zameck Guildmage? Leaning better

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

lol uncommon. This is where we're at now.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

They did it! its back!

Entropic posted:

lol uncommon. This is where we're at now.

I despise limited loving with poo poo like this.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The earth shook.

(common would've been cool)

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Why does the rarity matter so much? Your gonna pay 5 bucks for a play set instead of 2?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Tainen posted:

Why does the rarity matter so much? Your gonna pay 5 bucks for a play set instead of 2?

No, I like better removal in limited than the standard power level nowadays.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Tainen posted:

While it won't matter with a card with at least 2 other modern day printings, bumping up rarity is dumb.

Where is hero's downfall?

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

Sickening posted:

While it won't matter with a card with at least 2 other modern day printings, bumping up rarity is dumb.

Where is hero's downfall?

An open fire for 2 CMC in limited at common would be pretty OP.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

I guess their experiment of a standard without showed they probably should keep standard with.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
What are the odds that the same magic keeping the dinosaurs on the side of the Sun Empire(instead of as feral beasts that eat everything smaller than them) is the magic keeping planes walkers stuck on Ixalan? Then the storyline can end with Jace leaving the plane as it devolves into a blood soaked hellscape.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Tainen posted:

I already have like a dozen of them from previous sets if I need 'em for Standard. The rarity matters for draft.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I am also SO loving MAD that Grick Doobin is already dead.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Tainen posted:

people draft

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Entropic posted:

I already have like a dozen of them from previous sets if I need 'em for Standard. The rarity matters for draft.

I understand that. It was sickening who seemed to be blaming limited for bumping the rarity.

quote:

people draft

I almost exclusively draft and it would be broken at common. They obviously want this draft format to be slow with all the huge bomb rares.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Tainen posted:

I almost exclusively draft and it would be broken at common. They obviously want this draft format to be slow with all the huge bomb rares.

Cheap removal can be conducive to slower formats.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Tainen posted:

Then why are you talking like people are bummed bc they'll have to pay $3 more to play it in Standard

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
:lol::lol::lol: at multiple people saying that loving Lightning Strike would be broken if they had put it at common.

If it were Bolt I might have agreed but loving Lightning Strike.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 4, 2017

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Cernunnos posted:

:lol::lol::lol: at multiple people saying that loving Lightning Strike would be broken if they had put it at common.

If it were Bolt I might have agreed but loving Lightning Strike.

:iiam:

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
"Broken" is hyperbole but I think Limited is better when the common removal isn't Constructed quality. That's a good change they've made in recent years.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

:laffo:

I'm so happy I kept my 3 playsets.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Trip report: went to my LGS, had a chat with the guy at the register who seemed nice and agreed that buying a deck builder's is the right idea so I bought that and he tossed in a 2017 Welcome Deck as well. Store seems nice so unless I end up absolutely hating the game I'll probably attend the Ixalan pre-release. Thanks thread!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

he tossed in a 2017 Welcome Deck as well.

I believe that's what they're there for. To be given away to first timers.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

:chanpop:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

That's insanely good.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

There's the first absolutely obvious eternal playable card.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Well, this is v good

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
What are some big cards that creature stops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

TheKingofSprings posted:

What are some big cards that creature stops?

Fatal Push?