Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
You're a one-man factory line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Fish and Chimps posted:

You're a one-man factory line.

At this pace, we'll be playing Lasalle in 28mm by 2019. :P But yeah, I'm looking at around 500 infantrymen and 100 cavalry strong painting queue in total. But some of those boxes might be chopped up into weird experiments, such as Gendarmerie, foot Dragoons, Croats, Italians, etc.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

I have the Victrix French and if anything I have too many dudes not in marching order. I think one in five or six are kneeling which ended up being a pain in the rear end.

Edit: Otherwise it's a good kit and you get a ton of models for the money.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Napoleonics is all about the long term

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

muggins posted:

I put together some thoughts on my French force for Sharp Practice :

http://freshcoastgaming.blogspot.com/2017/09/pas-de-charge-building-french.html?m=1

Just FYI British regulars are 7 points according to the Sharpulator. There's a post on the official forums with correct points for the rulebook.

Edit: I see you have the riflemen from Offensive Miniatures. Care to post some comparison photos, I think I need a 5th and 6th group of rifles and have been eyeing them but I've read that they are quite small...

zokie fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Sep 2, 2017

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

zokie posted:

Just FYI British regulars are 7 points according to the Sharpulator. There's a post on the official forums with correct points for the rulebook.

Edit: I see you have the riflemen from Offensive Miniatures. Care to post some comparison photos, I think I need a 5th and 6th group of rifles and have been eyeing them but I've read that they are quite small...

I'll post a pic shortly - their WW2 stuff is much smaller but their nappy stuff seems fine to me. I love their sculpts.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
Also if you guys haven't checked out Calpeminiatures.co.uk or Front Rank, holy dang. Beautiful sculpts.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
I got around to basing my Hanoverian skirmishers:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

JcDent posted:

By the way, any of you neeerds have the skinny on the last SAGA book? I wanna know how the romans/romanised bretons play.

I was hoping someone would spare me the effort post.... boo.

First, you'll want to have Crescent and Cross as that's kind of Saga 2.0.. Aetius & Arthur constantly references it for rules and IMO i'ts pretty lovely because it forces you to spend $80US on books.

Roman and Britons: Both feature the same dice set. Warlord and Hearthguard may be mounted or on foot for both. Warriors and Levies are all on foot. Roman wariors can have spear/shields OR bows, Roman Levies have javelins or Spears and Shields, and you can break off 6 levies to make a manubalista(big fuckoff crossbow). Briton warriors "have no special rules" so model them with whatever weapons you want I guess. Briton Levies get Slings, bows or javelins.

Play wise the Romans have a unique mechanic called Impetus (measured from 0-4) which is given or used up by various abilities. Romans seem to have mostly defensive abilities with a few abilities that activate multiple units or apply fatigue to multiple enemies.

Britons have a (IMO)healthier mix of abilities and have a mechanic called Galvanised which applies to a unit if it is within VS of their Warlor. Some of the abilities only affect galvanised units.

There are quite a few other factions (4) and they're all pretty neat and don't have weird mechanics and mostly use the Saxon dice.

It's a good expansion honestly, I'm just a little butt hurt about the Crescent & Cross references. Like has Europe heard of copy paste? wtf.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Thank you, DShK, er, DiHK! I'm currently a Viking player and I currently suck. I wonder if I would do better with Romans or Brets. I mostly like their look. Pity there's no plastics...

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

You could always go with Warlord's Britons or Romans, they have plastics for both.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Voltigeurs are terrible. Why do they have to have so many colours? Ugh! The worst!

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
Footsore has really nice late romans

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Fish and Chimps posted:

Voltigeurs are terrible. Why do they have to have so many colours? Ugh! The worst!

Have you tried making sure that their plumes are enough ridiculously oversized?

Finished basing these Voltigeurs for my light infantry today, didn't have time to take nice pics though. They're from Front Rank and will make sure that I don't have to use crappy line infantry Voltigeurs to screen my similarly snazzy dress uniformed Carabiniers, and later Chasseurs (when I get to them).

Next up, Grenadiers! In greatcoats! It will be a super quick paintjob compared to these nutters.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Looks great as always. They're really pimped out. Here's my version in 20mm:

Edit: I mean really pimped out. Are they Guards or something?

Fish and Chimps fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 3, 2017

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Should I bother with a half track in a 500 Point bolt action Grenadiers list?

Currently have two squads, sniper, Lt, and Nebelwerfer.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Fish and Chimps posted:

Looks great as always. They're really pimped out. Here's my version in 20mm:

Edit: I mean really pimped out. Are they Guards or something?

Looking great!

And no, they are just in full, and then I mean full, pre-1812 parade dress, and then some. So, hessian boots with tassels, chords for headgear, proper breeches instead of pants, and enormous plumes.
Light infantry felt a kind of connection to the light cavalry (for example, both having companies of Chasseurs), and the elite companies would sometimes adopt stuff like the colpack hats that these guys wear instead of the regulation shako. I even have illustrations of their musicians wearing the square polish czapka hat, which I now need to convert at some point, because that is stylish for real.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Polikarpov posted:

And they have such sexy VBCW stuff, nooooooooo

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Kommando posted:

Should I bother with a half track in a 500 Point bolt action Grenadiers list?

Currently have two squads, sniper, Lt, and Nebelwerfer.

I probably wouldn't with a Nebelwerfer. I do, but it's the only thing I have besides infantry at 500 points.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Historicals: Lovingly Stroking Our Plumes

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

muggins posted:

Historicals: Lovingly Stroking Our Plumes

Historicals: Don't Post Pompons Here

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Fish and Chimps posted:

Napoleonics is all about the long term

Nope, gotta do it before winter.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Polikarpov posted:

I have already nagged Andy Hobday to do a historicals port of bolt action or antares to support the footsore line.

But then I also nagged Rick to release his new fantasy rules but he hasn't yet.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Finished the Voltigeurs. Stylish dudes, but a nightmare to paint.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

Finished the KV-1. Pretty satisfied.

Crossposting from the mini thread, here's a big, ugly hunk of metal as counterpoint to your flamboyant fancy men.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Nice tank!

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Geisladisk posted:

Crossposting from the mini thread, here's a big, ugly hunk of metal as counterpoint to your flamboyant fancy men.

Prettiest thing on the page, IMO.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Last night's BA game saw my Oberlieutenant shout at the ostruppen twice, sick of taking orders from a jacked up officer they decided to remove him.
I rolled 14 to hit dice. He took 8 wounds.

I fubared my second snap to action, they had one pin on them from a sniper.
They never left their deployment zone.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Kommando posted:

Last night's BA game saw my Oberlieutenant shout at the ostruppen twice, sick of taking orders from a jacked up officer they decided to remove him.

While a hilarious incident of fratricide, keep in mind friendly fire isn't a valid FUBAR result if there wasn't an enemy unit within 12" (they instead go down) which if they were still in the deployment zone may have been the case?

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

Kommando posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQSSrbto9hQ&t=6s

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

i want to play this computer game now.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Please don't, Company of Heroes 2, ehich was advertised as giving Eastern Front its due and telling its untold story, basically went full Battlefront on the Soviets.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

JcDent posted:

Please don't, Company of Heroes 2, ehich was advertised as giving Eastern Front its due and telling its untold story, basically went full Battlefront on the Soviets.

And then some. What an awful piece of garbage.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

JcDent posted:

Thank you for saving me from a bad decision. I goddamn HATE when Nazi "slav orc horde" propaganda gets treated as good, cool, factual history.

I have the first one with DLC sitting in my steam inventory untouched from some humble bundle or other. Might be worth loading up.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I just assembled 125 Soviet infantry

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Phi230 posted:

I just assembled 125 Soviet infantry

28mm? Was it the Warlord kit where you have to glue in the weapons separately because dang.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

JcDent posted:

Ugh. I was really amped to finally get it after upgrading my PC but wtf. Are there at least mods that attempt to correct this?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

28mm? Was it the Warlord kit where you have to glue in the weapons separately because dang.

Warlord Soviet Starter + 2 WGF boxes

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Just play CoH1 with The Eastern Front mod. I think that mod even used clips from Soviet Storm for unit barks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
The soviet nerf fiasco is really destroying my faith in BF. Their really half-assed fix to their morale rules is making me concerned for how they're going to handle soviets in the proper game, especially since they don't seem to be interested in fixing the fundamental problem ("simple" morale is wonky with big platoons) when they could just make the soviets worse for no reason instead.