Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

ILL Machina posted:

God gave you lethal hands for a reason. Even this can be too much to wait for in school, and shotty is just fine to find you your first body.

To the other part of your question, you can leave if you think you can get away or you don't feel like assaulting an entrenched dude who's got you pegged, but most people would suggest clearing the vicinity before you expose yourself trying to move out.

So you recommend getting starting gear and then going around until everyone else who dropped there is gone or dead? I'm just not sure how to tell that beyond my best guess. I've won most of my face to face gunfights, but I'm having a hard time hearing footsteps without cranking the volume up to the point the gunshots are too loud, so I feel very vulnerable to people sneaking up behind me.

I did take the thread's advice and I've been shutting doors behind me when I go into a house / apartment to search it. That way I get some warning if someone is incoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Getting a car and running down the people trying to farm afks is never not funny. Ended up winning that round too

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I bought this game and have no idea what I’m doing but it’s fun. Someone ramped a UAZ into a house I was looting so I popped out and capped the driver with an M416 only to die to someone else who was chasing him :(

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
I've seen a ton of people whining about people being AFK lately. Why does anyone care about this at all?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Pattonesque posted:

I cut my sensitivity almost in half and immediately saw a huge improvement in my aim, thank you friends for this advice

You're welcome

Now halve it again

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

dc3k posted:

I've seen a ton of people whining about people being AFK lately. Why does anyone care about this at all?

because you're cutting down the players in the game by about half. i heard there was some bot thing letting people afk farm points en masse. i've had several squad games get down to ~30 before the first circle even closes today.

one of the actual normal games ended up being a chicken dinner but it kinda feels lovely when your entire squad has 2 kills combined and you just got insanely good circle luck.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

22 Eargesplitten posted:

So you recommend getting starting gear and then going around until everyone else who dropped there is gone or dead? I'm just not sure how to tell that beyond my best guess. I've won most of my face to face gunfights, but I'm having a hard time hearing footsteps without cranking the volume up to the point the gunshots are too loud, so I feel very vulnerable to people sneaking up behind me.

I did take the thread's advice and I've been shutting doors behind me when I go into a house / apartment to search it. That way I get some warning if someone is incoming.

You should be able to hear anyone close to you, keep the sound up until it doesn't hurt anymore. Count the parachutes around you every drop and get a general idea of where in the area they are landing/going to be looting towards, kill everyone, move onto the next area, kill everyone, next area, kill everyone, etc. Eventually you'll be aware enough to know how many people are dropping around you and when you've been in an area too long looting and should expect to run into someone else. I like to follow people down and immediately start hunting after my first weapon. One of us is staying here FOR EV ER and it ain't gonna be me

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

dc3k posted:

It's not a big deal, but I the game is a little less crazy with 75 players and there's a slightly smaller chance of weird poo poo happening.

And I can't help but get annoyed on principle. I have no excuse or explanation.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
Weird, I've jumped at the end before and only ever seen like 2 or 3 people.

They could fix it by awarding no points for people who do 0 damage to anyone.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Or just use AFK detection. I think you deserve 30 points for jumping into pochinki and getting killed by a pan before you hit the ground.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

dc3k posted:

Weird, I've jumped at the end before and only ever seen like 2 or 3 people.

They could fix it by awarding no points for people who do 0 damage to anyone.

lol more bad player shaming?!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sokani posted:

Wrong thread there buddy

i was wondering where that post went

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

Or just use AFK detection. I think you deserve 30 points for jumping into pochinki and getting killed by a pan before you hit the ground.

That's really easy to spoof. Do damage or survive a long time or get nothing :colbert:

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Groovelord Neato posted:

but it kinda feels lovely when your entire squad has 2 kills combined and you just got insanely good circle luck.

No, still feels pretty good.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, don't penalize me for sucking :mad:.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
Is it too simple to just make it so the plane doesn't auto kick you at the end? Anybody that doesn't manually jump is just removed from the game and get no points.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Yeah, don't penalize me for sucking :mad:.

And yeah, I've had good, fun matches where I got no damage points at all (I'm pretty bad), so that doesn't seem like a great solution for me.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's like i said before i thought the plane was supposed to be crashing so just have it crash at the end.

Hypnolobster posted:

No, still feels pretty good.

it was pretty great cuz until the very last circle it looked 100 percent unwinnable. people kept having weapon and positional advantages which pinned us in lovely areas (and got our second guy killed, first died in our drop area) but then they'd get attacked by some other squad. by some miracle it was the two of us in the last 20 and we kept making suicide runs for smaller and smaller circles and the count kept going down and down and when it was 6 left i figured it was 4v2 and game over. nope now it's 5 so i guess it's 3v2. nope now it's 4 left. wtf now it's 3 left. so my buddy and i just run for the last circle and wait and that one poor soul is just crawling towards it and i kill him (other kill was revenge for our first dead squadmate at the beginning). the first guy we lost was our best player so that's what made it even funnier.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 4, 2017

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Drop pochinki, find an ump in my second house, kill a guy in one of the houses with a roof to take his AK. Hear someone open the door on the first level, wait, kill a guy coming up the stairwell. Exit the roof and start to hop between the roofs, killed a guy from up there. Dropped down, start clearing another house, and I hear footsteps. Wait for it, he's close. Wait for it, he's in the next house I'm standing outside of. Impatient, I start to crouch walk closer when a plane is going overhead. About to turn a corner an---- <ran over by a car clipping through all the buildings>

I'd be mad if it wasn't so hilarious

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This game feels like a Scrounging Around Simulator.

All I do is collect things, try to figure out what ammo goes with what guns, while running from dilapidated house to dilapidated house.

Until I get shot by someone a football stadium away.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

AndyElusive posted:

This game feels like a Scrounging Around Simulator.

All I do is collect things, try to figure out what ammo goes with what guns, while running from dilapidated house to dilapidated house.

Until I get shot by someone a football stadium away.

Loot for 5 minutes, then go hunting and take the loot from other people. That's how you should be playing the game.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Best game so far. #8, six kills. Started off with jack poo poo for the first 7-8 minutes. I got one cheap kill by sneaking up behind a guy with a crossbow and finishing him with a revolver. Then I finally found real gear and went on a rampage with a mini uzi and SCAR. First top 10 game, first game over 3 kills.

Then I died shooting tree to tree against another guy. I missed what seemed like it should have been several headshots. Is there something weird shooting very downhill with a zero at 100m? I was probably 30-50m away, maybe 5m uphill.

Still, though, it even should have been 7 kills. One guy suicided into the blue when I had him low. Fantastic game.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is there something weird shooting very downhill with a zero at 100m? I was probably 30-50m away, maybe 5m uphill.

According to People in this thread, yes, because guns are basically bullet mortars (i.e. even level shots fire on a slight arc).

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

That makes sense, I'm just having a hard time grasping which direction I should be compensating. And then I guess some of it is going to depend on if "zero" is the first or second place the arc of the bullet intercepts the line of the sights.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

As long as you're not using iron sights, just shoot and adjust. The one that takes getting used to is the Kar98k with an 8x scope, that's when it will really count, but if you're just using an AR shoot and adjust.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Two things,

1. The silenced revolver is by far the most superior weapon in the game.

2. You can play 4-Player by yourself through not selecting matching with others making it you vs. the world.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I was getting shot at, so I guess I rushed my shots. I wasn't thinking about zeroing. I'm probably going to have a lot of games where I choke near the end. That's kind of my thing.

I also nearly got killed by someone with a VSS (shameful) because I had like 3 shots in a row hit the wooden frame between windowpanes. Thankfully I started shooting as they were loading so I managed to adjust in time to dome them.

I roadkilled a downed guy in a solo match. How does someone get downed? Jumping out of a car? Somehow loving up their parachute landing enough to drop a lethal distance after ditching the chute? He must have been crawling most of the match towards the circles, though. He was in the middle of a giant field, I drove right past him the first time. Now that I think about it I feel kind of bad for not just letting him keep crawling towards crippled victory.

E: Huh, I didn't think about silencing the revolver. Actually, it makes sense since :spergin: that particular model is one of the only ones in existence that you can effectively suppress due to its weird and stupid design.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
he wasnt downed if it was a solo he was just crawling

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
had one of those magical ninja dinners yesterday

our squad was doing well until the last couple of circles at 15 alive when all three other squads collapsed on us and we got wiped out pretty much instantly, except for me, so i did the logical thing when you're going 1v3v4v4 and hid in a central bush where i could watch everybody

ended up stalking one of the bigger groups until they won the fights and it was a 1v2 at the end, but since i was behind them it was an easy execution for the chicken

pulling these bs wins out of your rear end is so much more satisfying than just a straight stomp

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

violent sex idiot posted:

he wasnt downed if it was a solo he was just crawling

When I ran him over it said he died by falling. Is that normal? He wasn't prone, he was on all fours like when you're downed. Is that a position you can be in while up?

It is possible I saw wrong since I saw him on the corner of my screen and then again while doing 50kph.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Give em the old rope-a-dope

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Wait, there's a pistol red dot in this game?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Wait, there's a pistol red dot in this game?

Yeah, you can just attach a red dot to a pistol like any other gun

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Who's a guy got to suck off to be able to swap the weapon slots with the paper doll?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I also nearly got killed by someone with a VSS (shameful) because I had like 3 shots in a row hit the wooden frame between windowpanes. Thankfully I started shooting as they were loading so I managed to adjust in time to dome them.

The most shameful thing is to have your gun set to single when you manage to sneak up close enough to someone to rub the end of your gun on their butt and you pull and hold the trigger expecting a quick and dirty kill only to embarrassingly die when they whip around and shoot you full auto.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Shotguns are such glorious bullshit. I wasn't expecting this guy to be on the stairs and was already running away when well...

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/bravehastyamericanbadger

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

Hamelekim posted:

Loot for 5 minutes, then go hunting and take the loot from other people. That's how you should be playing the game.

I wish my team mates understood this. It's so loving annoying to spend the entire game looting only to die in the smaller circles while only getting in one team fight and then losing / possibly winning.

Ninjalicious
Feb 22, 2010

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

I'm like Eric and Dylan

Dark. But no TEC9 in this game.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

This is what I try to do, but sometimes I end up in a close range fight outside or in a living room and I just cannot keep my poo poo on point. Do I spray? Do I tap out the shots? Do I strafe, or just shoot? If I could keep my crosshair on point it would help.

In CS at least I could anticipate, pre-aim, and had a lot of practice. I don't get enough opportunities to practice heads-up combat in this because most of my fights are one party ambushing the other.

In close quarters: spray automatic or rapid fire and control the point of aim to be center of mass of your target. At medium range try to use your scope or aimpoint on but stick to auto honestly for pop up shots. At long to extreme range single shot or you won't hit poo poo.

Like people say, land with a ton of other people. Get starter wep and backpack. Kill someone else. Rinse repeat till midgame.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

22 Eargesplitten posted:

When I ran him over it said he died by falling. Is that normal? He wasn't prone, he was on all fours like when you're downed. Is that a position you can be in while up?

It is possible I saw wrong since I saw him on the corner of my screen and then again while doing 50kph.

if he died by falling its because you didnt hit him hard enough for the impact to kill him but you did hit him hard enough to hurt him a whole loving lot and also send him into the air moving fast enough to take damage.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Sometimes vehicle deaths are weird. I killed someone the other day by T-boning their buggy going full speed in a UAV. They hopped out to shoot me and immediately flew 20 feet backwards and died. I didn't get credit for the kill. It said they died from falling so I guess the buggy still had some sideways momentum and it tapped them.

Similar thing happened to me this afternoon when I flipped a buggy on a random hill. I thought it had stopped moving so I hopped out and immediately died from falling damage.

Basically never exit vehicles until you know they are done moving. Especially if you were going fast and stopped suddenly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Unless they've fixed it, you can get out of a speeding vehicle if you hit a tree (or building?) that stops you before you hit the ground. I wouldn't trust myself to get the timing right in a firefight though.

• Locked thread