Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Let me tell you guys Pokemon is hosed up. Just watched a few episodes with my son this morning, which were various degrees of light hearted adventures. Then the last episode a dog Pokemon loving dies of old age with the most heavy handed symbolic imagery possible, and the Litten that lived with it refuses to eat out of sadness until Ash helps it work through its grief and adopts it into his Poke family. My son was loving wrecked.

Since when do Pokemon die of old age?

I've heard in the manga they can die from regular battle too :patriot: (<- pretend there was a more smith type of that emote though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

This was hard enough that I had to do a second one for runners-up:

And I still feel hard on the guys who didn't make the second board.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 4, 2017

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Honestly it'd be easier to make a spread of least favorite pokemon of each type. Too many faves!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Since when do Pokemon die of old age?

There's a cemetery in every Pokemon game.

The main evil team plot also usually gets pretty intense.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

The correct answers, I got the key from the teachers' lounge:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

PetraCore posted:

Honestly it'd be easier to make a spread of least favorite pokemon of each type. Too many faves!

True. I have way too many favourites to limit them to just one of each type. I think I would probably classify over a third of the entire pokedex as being "my favourites".

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I can't get my DSi and 2DS XL to connect, either via IR connection or the wireless transceiver.

I want to transfer pokemon from BW2 but also just trade a haunter and kadabra back and forth for my pokemon moon game.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Sanctum posted:

I can't get my DSi and 2DS XL to connect, either via IR connection or the wireless transceiver.

I want to transfer pokemon from BW2 but also just trade a haunter and kadabra back and forth for my pokemon moon game.

You need to use poke transporter to get from BW2 to bank.
You cannot trade cross generations like this.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

PetraCore posted:

I think my ideal for USUM at this point would be a plot similar to Sumo but fully taking the 'alternate dimensions' thing to it's logical conclusion. No Anabel in the post-game but someone else, a different Tragic Incident driving Lusamine's breakdown and thus her taking different actions, etc. Just a lot of little and big divergences that keep it interesting. And more plot, of course. I don't think we'd get an entirely new plot so that would be my next best thing.

EDIT: Also Lillie gets a rap solo.
If you haven't seen it already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tt0GMXZ7hg

But really I wish they'd just use Mohn more. I get that Lusamine was getting maniacal and Mohn is suffering amnesia (probably?) living on the isles, but they could show how Mohn was like when he was actually with Lusamine and then we can feel sad about their story and understand why Lusamine became so obsessed.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

this is the hardest thing i've ever done.

Dwall
Jun 14, 2016

PetraCore posted:

Sounds like more fun than picking favorites.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Dwall posted:

These are (almost) all great, what the hell

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

All Pokémon are good and deserve to be our friend

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
What about Trubbish?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dwall posted:

tfw you just really hate OU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
who dislikes golbat what the gently caress he's a giant flying mouth that lives in caves

Bum the Sad posted:

What about Trubbish?
trubbish is actually one of the cutest pokemon that exists

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's hosed up there are people out there that dislike Trubbish let alone think it is one of the worst Pokemon

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dwall posted:

Goddamn these are so wrong.

These are the worst mons

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

do not DO NOT @ me. do not @ me

don't @ me

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I am a pax pokemon league champion

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I can't really choose favorites or least favorites as they keep changing all the time. It's impossible to narrow it down. I might think about one a lot for a few days, then move on to something else. Also I can't hate a Pokémon for too long as I start feeling bad for it and end up thinking about it a lot.

There aren't any truly bad Pokémon from a design perspective, otherwise they would have been scrapped very early on in development. Although there are some that would be... Half-baked.

The Elemental Monkeys, Alolan Persian and Alolan Dugtrio are examples.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
human souls are weighed down by gravity

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i apparently really like feminine pokemon

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

simisage would be my favorite grass type if it weren't for roserade

👍

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
also that site now has stats for most/least picked. some funny stuff here

http://www.cpokemon.com/seccion/herramientas/tipos/stats/

i feel bad for ferroseed because i was super close to picking him for steel and it'd probably have saved him from that list

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
simisage is super cool but i needed to pick Tangrowth to maintain the countblanc lore

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
imagine being such a poo poo person that you voted for Gliscor as your favorite ground or flying type. jesus christ

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Countblanc posted:

also that site now has stats for most/least picked. some funny stuff here

http://www.cpokemon.com/seccion/herramientas/tipos/stats/

i feel bad for ferroseed because i was super close to picking him for steel and it'd probably have saved him from that list

Golett as the least picked Ghost Type is Not Okay

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Seems like people mostly remember the first and final stage of a given family while middle stages are largely ignored.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i would never ignore boldore

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Me and rhydon are best pals.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

what the hell at carvanha being the lowest dark type. that's so weird to me. most of that list is unsurprising otherwise

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zuzie posted:

Seems like people mostly remember the first and final stage of a given family while middle stages are largely ignored.

middle stage pokemon are the awkaward teen phase of every 3 stage line, of course few people like them

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Here is mine

While doing it I realised 3 things:

1) I mostly don't give a crap about fighting types
2) Ice type has few picks and most of them are bad and ugly, further reinforcing Ice as the poo poo type. Maybe they should change it to that. poo poo Type: Immune to Poison; Super Effective against Fairy, Grass and Water; weak to Ground, Bug and Fire; no effect against Ghosts
3) I can't wait for the next Dungeon game to let me pick Rowlet, Totodile and Torchic as my exploring team.

Zuzie posted:

Personally while doing this list I remembered Sealeo as the final stage evolution, mostly because Spheal and Sealeo are cute and Walrein is loving ugly as gently caress out of nowhere.

Same goes for Rhydon.

Thank Arceus for Eviolites.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 5, 2017

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Well, Pokémon like Pikachu and Rhydon are exceptions since at one point, they were the first/final form for the line. Not to mention that Pikachu receives constant marketing while Rhydon showed up a lot in the earlier games.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Rhydon was like the perfect generic big bad monster you see no-namers using while the hero watches on like "I'll be there one day."

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Yeah I feel super bad for first/mid-stage Pokemon, especially mid-stage since they're just stepping stones. There are a few instances I can think of where the mid-stage is better than both (my pal Wartortle) but I'd still never pick them as my absolute favorite since I've spent much more time with the fully evolves mons. I do like how both Timburr and Gurdur are rocking the bottom spots for Fighting and Barboach and Binacle among others are repping the bottom 2 spots in two types, poor bastards.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

PetraCore posted:

Great idea.

I forgot to make it english, so sue me.

So for some of these I figured that a good idea done poorly is better than no idea at all. In other words, an ugly bad pokemon is better than a completely boring one. Hence, Water, Normal, and Grass. Psychic and Flying are pokemon that lack the goodness of their evolutionary predecessor. Flying in particular swaps the awesome Hoothoot for what is essentially just an owl. Rock, Poison, and Ice are not necessarily bad pokes on their own, but they are very bad examples of their type. Like, if you had never seen them before and you had to guess what type they were, you'd never do it.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat, Barbroach getting savaged in the rankings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I'm so glad that Araquanid is getting so much love with these 'choose your favorite' whiteboards, he has a :krad: design