Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

corn in the bible posted:

is there a wabowser somewhere

hope this helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Wa-Machine is my favorite Avenger.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

homeless snail posted:

wow this is incomprehensible

I followed just fine but also I played way too much Half-Life.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Not anymore

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So what's up games chat thread september edition, how is everybody doing?

I'm just relaxing. KCB & I went to endless shrimp at red lobster and that was fun, she's been waiting for it since...well, since it ended last time haha, she loves the endless shrimp thing.

Other than that, not really doing anything. I'm just about ready to pass out for the night. Been thinking about ways I can make some cash because there are some things I wanna pick up for her for our anniversary in October but I can already tell that's not gonna happen because the stuff I wanna get her would come out to be uhh $92~ l - m - a - o . Cheaper option was to find someone on the don't starve forums to commission a custom don't starve mod for her since that is bound to be cheaper than $92 bucks but their forums don't seem too active at the moment in regards to commission stuff so eh. I'm sure I'll think of something, there is plenty of time :)

How has everyone else been doing? Has anybody done anything fun recently? Any exciting plans for the week/weekend?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hopefully gonna have a newborn next week unless shes as stubborn as her mom and stays in there.

Thanks for asking fak, glad you chowed down at robster

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

How has everyone else been doing? Has anybody done anything fun recently?

everyone's least favorite thing

tiling

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope the labor goes well. Or as well as labor can go, at least. Do you have a set date where you're just like "ok if the baby's not out by this time, we're getting a c-section"?

The White Dragon posted:

tiling

Oh at first glance I thought you were doing some paper craft stuff. Papercrafting is fun.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

tiling

If you're doing another game I hope you give the foreground sprites some thick, fat, black borders to help differentiate them from the bg.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

how bad is endless shrimp at red lobster, I need shrimp inside me

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

homeless snail posted:

well i'd wager if you like shellfish you'll like it

me, i don't care so much for shellfish but that shouldn't stop other people from enjoying it. i had a bad experience, with chili cheese fries, that tasted of crab paste

Grapplejack posted:

If you're doing another game I hope you give the foreground sprites some thick, fat, black borders to help differentiate them from the bg.

we'll see, maybe. the backgrounds are true tiles this time so it might not be necessary

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

Well, the flavors they list aren't the only flavors they serve. I tried the nashville hot shrimp and that was good (brown sugary sweet followed by a sort of tingly black peppery taste on your tongue) and the mediterranean was also good ("grilled in white wine, garlic, and lemon butter sauce with tomatoes and green onions"). I also had the shrimp linguine but I'm weird and I don't actually like their shrimp linguine (I feel like the shrimp itself takes away from the linguine, it's just weird biting into linguine and feeling this kinda-firm, kinda-chewy thing sometimes) so I ordered a bunch of the linguine specifically without the shrimp, because you can do that.

KCB got mediterranean, the coconut shrimp, the soy ginger shrimp, and maple shrimp. She said the soy gingers were delicious and that while she wishes red lobster had the grilled teriyaki shrimp again like they did years ago, that soy ginger is the closest they've gotten to that taste. She said the coconut bites tasted spicy for some reason but that that could have just been that batch since we've had coconut shrimp there before and it has been fine so it is likely just a one-off problem in the kitchen itself. She liked the maple shrimp but preferred the soy ginger over the rest.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

FirstAidKite posted:

How has everyone else been doing? Has anybody done anything fun recently? Any exciting plans for the week/weekend?

So nice and thoughtful.
I'm in Dallas for a week on business. Dallas seems like a very uninteresting city. There are some nice museums around here but they all close by the time I finish my work.
...Hence why I asked about mobile games. I have a lappy tappy but it's worse than my phone on all points.
Void Pyramid looks :krad: btw

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Started and beat Momodora. It was a good if short metrodvania that, as eyerolling as it sounds at this point, had a nice Souls like atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, other than a few minor things, the gameplay wasn't Souls like at all but the entire atmosphere and story did remind me if it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope the labor goes well. Or as well as labor can go, at least. Do you have a set date where you're just like "ok if the baby's not out by this time, we're getting a c-section"

Our doc says they'll try to induce a regular birth if shes not out by the 17th and only do a c section if that process leads to issues.

I think the days of like just tossing c sections around when they arent needed are numbered or at least this doc sees it that way. Shes lined up the right way to come out so they're gonna see if she does on her own or if they gotta use a medicine or whatever ( i dont know how induction works we need to ask that at the checkup this week)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Anybody else suddenly getting tons of random spam messages on PSN?

Why now all of a sudden?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

homeless snail posted:

Im not exactly a Red Lobster fan but come on it's right there in the name. You really can't gently caress up endless shrimp

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

Our doc says they'll try to induce a regular birth if shes not out by the 17th and only do a c section if that process leads to issues.

I think the days of like just tossing c sections around when they arent needed are numbered or at least this doc sees it that way. Shes lined up the right way to come out so they're gonna see if she does on her own or if they gotta use a medicine or whatever ( i dont know how induction works we need to ask that at the checkup this week)

Here's to good luck and a smooth delivery for the new mom! :3:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HoboNews posted:

...Hence why I asked about mobile games. I have a lappy tappy but it's worse than my phone on all points.

Ooh I started to reply to your phone games post earlier but I guess I never hit submit. Dream Quest is my favorite phone game of all time, it's a deckbuilding roguelike with card combat and a bunch of cool unlockables and achievements and a bunch classes that all play really differently from each other. Really deep and challenging, I have no idea how many hours I've logged on it over the past few years but I'm gonna guess it's a lot. I plug it every chance I get

edit: oh you mentioned Void Pyramid which seems to be an android exclusive and I think Dream Quest is only on iOS, dang. It's also on Steam though and I can almost guarantee you it will run just fine on your laptop. Also it's only like $3 with no IAP or any of that poo poo

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

Why now all of a sudden?
I've been getting some of those. Not sure why they're happening but I usually just block the account and call it today.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

spudsbuckley posted:

Other than the artsytle this looks loving terrible.

Well that's one thing that hasn't changed in however many years that turd has been in development.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Evil Within is pretty okay. Not good, not bad, just above average. It has a lot of "gotcha" moments that make me yell in frustration but also appreciate as a thing Japanese designers like to do with arcade-like design choices. I get the same vibes I had playing Binary Domain or Shadows of the DAMNED.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

Why now all of a sudden?

Raxivace posted:

I've been getting some of those. Not sure why they're happening but I usually just block the account and call it today.

Maybe the messages are from ourselves in the future trying desperately to change something terrible from happening, but the text just arbitrarily doesn't travel through time making the entire effort meaningless. We should just accept our fates IMO.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Raxivace posted:

Maybe the messages are from ourselves in the future trying desperately to change something terrible from happening, but the text just arbitrarily doesn't travel through time making the entire effort meaningless. We should just accept our fates IMO.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

FirstAidKite posted:

I was looking to upgrade my video collection to Blu-ray and noticed that several of them on Amazon runs for hundreds of dollars and Best Buy doesn't have them.

Now I have to put some effort elsewhere or just get more Troma movies and marathon those.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 5, 2017

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Real hurthling! posted:

Sending positive vibes your way. Ours is due on the 18th and we're hoping he stays in there until at least that date. It's getting so close that I'm starting to worry about everything that can go wrong so I've been doing a lot of self distraction.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

oh i guess i should clarify i'm not blowin you off brah, i'm already adding extra 2px bolding to player and monster sprite outlines on top of their natural ink in post

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

what is this from?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zaphod42 posted:

what is this from?

https://files.catbox.moe/2dd7f6.mp4

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Wow they didn't even ask to use my likeness.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Gooms, I just beat Yakuza Kiwami, now I need help deciding on the next game I play: Xcom 2, Mario+Rabbids, or Everybody's Golf.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wart

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Gooms, I just beat Yakuza Kiwami, now I need help deciding on the next game I play: Xcom 2, Mario+Rabbids, or Everybody's Golf.

Mario+Rabbids if you only have base Xcom 2.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

HoboNews posted:

So nice and thoughtful.
I'm in Dallas for a week on business. Dallas seems like a very uninteresting city. There are some nice museums around here but they all close by the time I finish my work.

It's a dreadful city where everyone has a very high opinion of themselves and basically live up to all your favorite Texas stereotypes

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

is there an rt somewhere

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

is there an rt somewhere

wart is actually an evil version of sid meier's railroad tycoon. strange but true

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

HoboNews posted:

So nice and thoughtful.

Dallas is the serious business city of Texas and its super boring.

Although while the traffic is pretty hostile, at least they drive fast unlike Austin which is both hostile and slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Dallas is the serious business city of Texas and its super boring.

Although while the traffic is pretty hostile, at least they drive fast unlike Austin which is both hostile and slow.

Hostile and slow, good ol' Virginia traffic right there.

• Locked thread