Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
McDonald's is nasty, but I'm still hoping McNuggets will win. Fries will obviously get the popular vote because it's such a common fast food staple.

This is the first confirmation I've seen that reporting players in Splatoon 2 actually works, and it seems to ban the console hardware and not just the user account, so good. I've already reported some players during the last SplatFest because they kept staying on the spawn point and not participating in the fight, so I was hoping it did something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Lakbay posted:

There’s always a nugs promotion whenever I see a McDonalds ad in the US, and like the only time I’ve seen a fries promotion was in Idaho

Fries don’t need the help.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

mcdonalds has been p decently rebranding themselves as a more health conscious trendy place to eat that doesn't taste half bad nowadays tbh

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I think nuggets would win in Japan right? Also I know this is common knowledge but weekly reminder eating a meal ticket is a rain dance for disconnects and AFK'ers on your team.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Futaba Anzu posted:

mcdonalds has been p decently rebranding themselves as a more health conscious trendy place to eat that doesn't taste half bad nowadays tbh

I love that they're doing this without changing their food at all

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
McDonalds nuggets are vile, horrible chunks. Their fries are at least edible.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

PJOmega posted:

McDonalds nuggets are vile, horrible chunks.

Yeah but they taste good so :shrug:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I was glad the McDonald's Splatfest didn't come here just because of always terrible goon food chat but guess that didn't matter.:v:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dipping my mcdonalds fries in Mayo and lolling all the way to the bank via high speed air travel

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Dipping my fries in cake

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Will the team and ink reflect the colours of fries and nuggets?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Mad Katter posted:

Will the team and ink reflect the colours of fries and nuggets?

What, yellow and what the industry calls 'golden brown' (a.k.a dead autumn leaves)

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Yeah, I want to paint the floor nugget brown.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

just unlocked the Dapple Duelies and holy poo poo these things are AMAZING. Double roll to approach and basically wreck anyone, roll under the arc of sloshers, I am the murder machine with these things. Suction Bomb Rush is basically the sickest zoning in the game. These are the greatest.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Please don't forget to use your squid beakon

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Spellman posted:

Dipping my fries in cake

Putting your fries in a Frosty is technically dipping them in ice cream.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
What the heck InTraining I thought you weren't going to play Rainmaker once you hit S

(I'm only mad because you were on the other team and I just got my 3rd rank bar crack :( )

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

an actual dog posted:

I love that they're doing this without changing their food at all

Yeah, it's still all bland salty trash

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

In Training posted:

Dipping my mcdonalds fries in Mayo and lolling all the way to the bank via high speed air travel

Rofl

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lakbay posted:

What the heck InTraining I thought you weren't going to play Rainmaker once you hit S

(I'm only mad because you were on the other team and I just got my 3rd rank bar crack :( )

Whoa lol we were in a match?? Small world at the top.

Also S rank across the board is so much fun, although im already close to deranking in Rainmaker, poo poo is hard!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

grand theft grotto posted:

No, you have to have the version of the game that matches the region you want to play, sadly.

This is entirely unfair, Nintendo. Let us fat Americans fight for a slosher fulla nuggies.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is there art of Marina asking for szechuan sauce yet?

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

I am just envisioning Marina as Rick and Pearl as Morty...and it doesn't work since I feel like it should be the opposite.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
In japan is the banter reversed because they read pages right to left, so Pearl/Callie replies to Marina/Marie?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc7wRJ0uESk

Datamine reveals possible new ranked mode.

EDIT: And more rumor fodder for playable Octolings.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Sep 5, 2017

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Hamshot posted:

In japan is the banter reversed because they read pages right to left, so Pearl/Callie replies to Marina/Marie?

It's whoever talks first, and it's the same there as it is here.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I wouldn't get your hopes up for playable Octolings unless Nintendo makes an official announcement about them. There are some very big issues with them that makes that being extremely unlikely.

They would have to rerig every single headwear in the game to fit on their hair. And they would have to do this twice since there's both an Octoboy and an Octogirl. That's a lot of manpower and dev time.

They would also have to justify their presence somehow, since being able to play as an Octoling for no reason would be awkward. (You'd get issues like an Octoling being recruited by Marie to fight their own kind for one.)

Also all this was there since version 1.0.0. No work has been done on them since then.

It's possible that we'll get them, but it seems like way too much trouble than it's worth for the dev team to create something that will ultimately amount to a cosmetic option.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

EDIT: And more rumor fodder for playable Octolings.

i can't go through this again

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Just give the player fake octoling hair as a wig.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'unno about there being no reason for them to fight DJ Takosawa, he's sending them out to get their asses kicked in droves.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MYAGyZlBY0

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
If they want to avoid all the issues Fetus laid out then I believe they would be saving the modes for a Splatfest. Octolings vs Inklings. Default models for both sides no gear.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm really hoping, more than anything, for a Stingray buff out of Friday's patch.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I'd like for stingray to be usable, please.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're going to nerf the tri slosher and I'm going to cry

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

In Training posted:

They're going to nerf the tri slosher and I'm going to cry

Good

Zeruel posted:

I'd like for stingray to be usable, please.

Its pretty sad that people don't even bother activating it in turf war.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

wanna hear something crazy:

i love the stingray

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
How do I become Zen like you and like something that is just not good?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Smiles posted:

wanna hear something crazy:

i love the stingray

I do too, but there's far too much to overcome, including getting hardcancelled by another special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Stingray is pretty good in tower mode, but sucks for anything else.