Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
LEGO is coercion!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah the most expensive single thing I ever bought was a synthesizer and that a) was cheaper and b) doesn't just sit there and collect dust all the time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

xzzy posted:

I agree, all the complaining about a price on a thing no one is forcing you to buy is getting out of hand.

It's their fault for torturing us man.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I had to choose between an expensive hooker and a star wars set that I have zero interest in. One gave me a beej and pretended to like me. The other kept the women away. At least the worthwhile ones. The choice was easy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can honestly say I'd rather have that Falcon set than a good blow job. Not a boat though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What is latin for I didn't come?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

What is latin for I didn't come?

Lego Lego Lego

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

Lego Lego Lego

:eyepop:

:vince:

:bravo:

:thunk:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

EvilJoven posted:

For less than the price of the UCS Falcon I bought a canoe. A boat was literally cheaper than a Lego set. A boat I can use to go places and do things, rather than just sit on my shelf after a weekend of hand cramps.

I mean, it's really nice looking but this is starting to get out of hand.

Around about the same time, both Lego and Hasbro released a Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator ship. The Hasbro one, made for the 3.75 action figures, was 20 dollars. The Lego one was 70.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Man I was on the fence about BB-8 until I saw the way his head bobs. Sold!

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

Dogen posted:

Man I was on the fence about BB-8 until I saw the way his head bobs. Sold!

Just finished the BB-8. Cool build. The only thing I don't like about it is the smaller UCS panel/sticker :( Looks out of place compared to all the other UCS stickers.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Looking for opinions. Just working on it's crotch/lower legs right now. Should he stand on his little spiked feet (I can rig it so it stands up) or should I build proper feet for it? Also, opinions on the coloring/ whether or not is looks bad would be appreciated. Keep in mind the torso will be a grey/sand green combo with dark gray/black highlights and black arms with a big rear end black gun in the end.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 4, 2017

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

w00tazn posted:

Just finished the BB-8. Cool build. The only thing I don't like about it is the smaller UCS panel/sticker :( Looks out of place compared to all the other UCS stickers.

He’s not technically UCS I think is the problem, despite some of the trappings :(

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Waltzing Along posted:

The other kept the women away. At least the worthwhile ones. The choice was easy.

Any woman that wants to love me gotta love my LEGO too

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

veni veni veni posted:

Looking for opinions. Just working on it's crotch/lower legs right now. Should he stand on his little spiked feet (I can rig it so it stands up) or should I build proper feet for it? Also, opinions on the coloring/ whether or not is looks bad would be appreciated. Keep in mind the torso will be a grey/sand green combo with dark gray/black highlights and black arms with a big rear end black gun in the end.

That looks like a blocky dong in the middle as it is, what's the end product going to be like, humanoid or something different?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Build proper feet to go along with the big, proper dong you've started in on.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nah, the spike feet are a neat change from standard robofeet.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I redesigned the dong since I took that pic but it's not going anywhere lol. It looks less ridiculous now.

It's going to be semi humanoid. Torso and arms going above the legs. No head though. Torso will probably be stocky and front loaded

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Dong needs to be bigger.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
When i say dong needs to be bigger I mean you should build a robot dong with legs.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Dr. Benway posted:

That's a really good job. Instantly reads ""Mustang" and I like how you did the side mirrors.
Thanks! Some of the new 2017 parts / colors really helped complete this: the plate with horizontal bar pieces and pearl silver half round tiles used for the mirrors, and the angled 1x2 bow on the hood that was just in the Speed Champions McLaren set. In fact, that piece only being made in 4 colors so far is the main reason why this car is orange.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

Here, my first MOC in five years: a fifth generation Ford Mustang GT.

Nice one! I'm going to borrow some of your techniques for my Mad Max Interceptor.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

When i say dong needs to be bigger I mean you should build a robot dong with legs.

Actually it needs to be a large robot comprised of smaller robot songs. A Dongtron, if you will.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Motherfucking neighbor stole my BB-8 while I was on an airplane today. Got him on my ring doorbell cam and had another neighbor tell me he tried to sell it to him for $10! Fortunately amazon likes me and is replacing it. Just mad I’m not building tonight.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Dogen posted:

Motherfucking neighbor stole my BB-8 while I was on an airplane today. Got him on my ring doorbell cam and had another neighbor tell me he tried to sell it to him for $10! Fortunately amazon likes me and is replacing it. Just mad I’m not building tonight.

Could you not confront the thief?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Hey, the Postal Inspectors need to feed their family too.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Can't you file a police report and show the video?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Last one for the night. Got the basic shape of the body done but it looks sloppy so I'll probably change a bunch on that. But I'm happy with the overall shape of the thing. Now to decide if I can even include arms like I wanted to, or he's just going to have to deal with some missile launchers on his back.

I accidently kind of made him look like Boba Fett, if he was a Metal gear :v:

Dogen posted:

Did he just take the BB8? That's weird. Get that fucker thrown in jail.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 5, 2017

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Or just show your landlord the video. Get the rear end in a top hat kicked out at least.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

We live in houses. It was neighbor who lives there’s brother in law (neighbor grew up in house, parents still own), who sometimes lives there. I could call the cops, but I feel like since neighbor is my only lead they would harass him unnecessarily and he isn’t the worst guy. He has 3 kids who are nice. I’m kind of pissed that neighbor wasn’t able to get his brother in law to just give me my dang toy back but I also don’t want the cops hassling them since they didn’t directly commit the crime. I think one of his kids actually came over to dime on his uncle because he rang the bell and hung around for a minute an hour after his uncle stole the box, but we still weren’t home yet. If they didn’t have kids or someone who actually lives in the house full time committed the crime I’d definitely file a police report. I did at least extract a promise from neighbor that he would make sure it didn’t happen again and I told him if it did I would call the cops.

It’s kind of weird because the houses in our neighborhood are now expensive but we still have halfway houses and people who have lived here for a long time that are petty criminals (also to be fair most of the people who have lived here a long time are nice).

Dogen fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 5, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, it was on your porch. I was thinking he broke into the house. Man, you should still at least confront him about that. Do you honestly feel safe ordering stuff online knowing that guy is just waiting to steal poo poo off your porch?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

We’ve lived here almost 5 years, neighbor grew up here and it’s not been a problem before. There was an extensive confrontation about it, but they wouldn’t put me in touch with brother in law, just said they would talk to him about it. I’ll take neighbor at his word for now that it won’t happen again, and I will call the cops if it does since I have pictures. Conveniently, we just installed a locking mailbox that smaller packages fit into. If it was more expensive and Amazon wasn’t kindly replacing the set for free it might change my thinking some but I’d rather not have someone that the cops aren’t super motivated to catch mad and come back and break a window or some poo poo, letting my cats escape. Also normally I’m home to get packages since I office at home, just happened to be traveling back from a wedding today.

Sorry for the long posting I’m just pissed and it’s stupid and I figured y’all would understand my pain.

Dogen fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 5, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Obviously this is where you live, and people you need to see on a regular basis, so you do what you are comfortable with...

but...

"Hey my brother stole some poo poo off your porch, I know it, you have video of it, I'll talk to him, tell him not to do it anymore, but I'm not putting you in touch with him" doesn't exactly sound like someone who is on the side of "right", you know?

If I were you, I'd basically say... "neighbor, you're a good guy. I respect you. I don't want to cause you any grief. If you can get that poo poo back to me, great. I won't take it any further. If not, I am going to need to go to the authorities for your brother in law."

I mean, like I said, you gotta live in the hood with them. But them not wanting to do more than "talk to him about it so he never does it again" still seems like kind of a gently caress-over.

Anyway, sorry that happened to you.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Didn't they at least offer to pay for it?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Feenix posted:

"Hey my brother stole some poo poo off your porch, I know it, you have video of it, I'll talk to him, tell him not to do it anymore, but I'm not putting you in touch with him" doesn't exactly sound like someone who is on the side of "right", you know?

Exactly. You have video, call the police.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Feenix posted:

If I were you, I'd basically say... "neighbor, you're a good guy. I respect you. I don't want to cause you any grief. If you can get that poo poo back to me, great. I won't take it any further. If not, I am going to need to go to the authorities for your brother in law."

That’s where the conversation started and I backed off from actually filing a report whilst on the phone with the cops because I felt like they wouldn’t do much based on the non emergency police report taker’s statements.

Maybe I’ll call tomorrow and file a report with just the brother in law’s info and the vid of him and leave my neighbor out of it. I guess that would be a reasonable compromise.

Thank you hive mind.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
If it was shipped via USPS then he committed a felony so there's that.

Stealing a package and then trying to pawn the contents for next to nothing seems so stupid. Like what did he expect to find in it, why only $10, so many questions there.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

[quote="“w00tazn”" post="“476077024”"]
If it was shipped via USPS then he committed a felony so there’s that.

Stealing a package and then trying to pawn the contents for next to nothing seems so stupid. Like what did he expect to find in it, why only $10, so many questions there.
[/quote]

It was via amazon courier. Not sure if that’s still a felony (I’m an attorney, but real estate, not Federal criminal law).

This happens some in my hood. People taking what they can for free and selling stuff for cheap to get money to buy drugs. People’s porch statues and stuff get stolen some too.

I shared out my ring video on their neighborhood network thing a while ago and made a Nextdoor post just now. Maybe someone else on there can point me to the guy. Since I got a share link, y’all might as well enjoy: https://ring.com/share/6462028590347286860

He also got away with Kylo Ren’s TIE, is the other package you see in the video.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Dogen posted:

This happens some in my hood. People taking what they can for free and selling stuff for cheap to get money to buy drugs. People’s porch statues and stuff get stolen some too.

Addicts around here have stolen lawn gnomes. LAWN GNOMES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Dude call the cops and let them harass your neighbour like nobody's business. They are covering up a crime. You gave them a chance and they failed to act on it. If you tell the cops you know who the guy is related to and have it on video they will get his info.

No offence, but right now, you are part of the problem. If we all just let things like that slide... he didn't knick your pen, he stole upwards of 100$ from you, if I am not mistaken.

Also can you order to a postoffice/safe dropoff location next time? I wouldn't order anything that sits on my porch anymore if I was you.