Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The_Rob posted:

No they just need turn him heel. There is no reason for him to be a face.

Yeah, I thought they did a great job making him face with those video packages from a few weeks back, but he seems to work naturally better as a heel. Him cutting off the GLORIOUS! call at the start of the match against Roode was really good, and blowing that kiss to Roode before breaking his back to send him out of NXT for good felt very (appropriately) heelish.

I would assume the idea would be to make him heel against Drew going forward, but that doesn't make any sense with Cole, Fish and O'Reilly doing what they're currently doing. I worry the guy is forever gonna be the third wheel/outsider in the actual main event feuds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Open to being 100% wrong but I think the next Takeover is Roderick Strong vs Drew McIntyre and Adam Cole vs Johnny Gargano. I don't think Adam's first match at Takeover (or on TV) should be something that exposes his height immediately like a match between Cole vs Drew would.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I'm extremely not okay with Johnny being relegated to Takeover jobber

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
From my understanding the original plan was Roddy winning the title at NXT Brooklyn and losing it to Drew at the Survivor Series Takeover. But things got changed midway through the build to NXT Brooklyn.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I don't care about Roddy or Drew or Cole I just want Johnny to beat everyone's rear end and be NXT Champ until Ciampa comes back for the blood feud

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

St Evan Echoes posted:

I don't care about Roddy or Drew or Cole I just want Johnny to beat everyone's rear end and be NXT Champ until Ciampa comes back for the blood feud

Going by the story they told during the Almas match Ciama will continue to haunt Gargano from beyond the grave.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

I would assume the idea would be to make him heel against Drew going forward, but that doesn't make any sense with Cole, Fish and O'Reilly doing what they're currently doing. I worry the guy is forever gonna be the third wheel/outsider in the actual main event feuds.

I could see him turning heel because of being overlooked or whatever. He was on a track toward Roode, then Drew showed up and derailed him. Now he's on a track toward Drew and Cole is derailing him. Seems like the kind of thing that would lead to him "snapping" eventually.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I just kind of assumed they would do an angle where Cole / ReDragon try to get him on their side because of History Vaguely Alluded To but he stays face and teams with Drew against them. I don't know if that would work with Cole/RDR still having such smark heat, though. They're de facto faces.

Was Cole's signing the thing that changed plans for Brooklyn?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Going by the story they told during the Almas match Ciama will continue to haunt Gargano from beyond the grave.

If this doesn't lead to him freaking out when he sees Lorcan, then HHH is a HACK!

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Phenix Rising posted:

I could see him turning heel because of being overlooked or whatever. He was on a track toward Roode, then Drew showed up and derailed him. Now he's on a track toward Drew and Cole is derailing him. Seems like the kind of thing that would lead to him "snapping" eventually.

Yes, I too want them to bring back "The Rage"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Justin_SofOK/status/903735827091640322

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

He was never a particularly handsome man but that scar from the bubble he had on his head for the first 6 months of the year is nasty.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

this is a better Pedigree than Seth Rollins ever did

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dijak:
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/donovan-dijak-wwe-performance-center?sf111668535=1

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Thrifting Day! posted:

He was never a particularly handsome man but that scar from the bubble he had on his head for the first 6 months of the year is nasty.

Adam cole is very handsome way to be dumb as heck.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NXT has yet to cancel this weekend's Florida live events.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Not really surprising. The places they're in won't be affected beyond some rain until Sunday night at the earliest, and more like Monday. Even Miami is only starting evacuation today. If anything, the Wednesday Full Sail show is the one I'd expect them to have to cancel or relocate if Orlando gets it bad.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/905566343575076864

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/sr_torch/status/905576058610745344

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
looking forward to Performance Center Success Story Donovan Dijak

(I think it's silly as heck from the outside to hear he's reporting to a "beginner class" but I'm fine if it means he has time to develop a character, which has always been what he's lacked. like, I love the dude but I just describe him as "tweener flippy hoss who is very nice at merch tables")

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

I can't tell whether Jose is tall or Lars is short

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The last Women's title tournament gave us this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tqUtfGHkgs

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly? Renee was better in that one minute of video than Lita has been throughout the MYC.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alexa won too, so they were burying Alicia even then.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

dangit, the archived NXT on the Network doesn't have the finish to the Lars squash due to what looks like a video glitch

good ep tonight, always down for Hideo/Ohno if nothin else. saw some takes on Twitter about Ohno getting wasted on NXT but I thought that was a great TV match that made em both look good; they just gotta get him on a TakeOver already

also Itami's low-blow sell is legendary

Ohno, Itami, and Cien have all come a long way in starting to get heat in the last few months and it's been great to see

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah I just caught the Ohno/Itami match and it was really loving good. Itami's sell on the low-blow was incredible.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/905593289910472706

gently caress I went to go start writing the new thread OP and realized that Triple H hasn't taken picture with any of the current champions

also holy gently caress eric young's twitter is entirely fantasy football advice. can't tell if kayfabe is dead or if wild anarchist eric young is now canonically a fantasy football expert

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 7, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This was so, so great.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/905854892157349888

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/905593289910472706

gently caress I went to go start writing the new thread OP and realized that Triple H hasn't taken picture with any of the current champions

also holy gently caress eric young's twitter is entirely fantasy football advice. can't tell if kayfabe is dead or if wild anarchist eric young is now canonically a fantasy football expert

ahahAHAHAHa not only is that a hilarious sell, but the brief shot of the ref looking bored gave me a second big laugh after the first started to die down

i assume this was a no DQ match and that's why the ref is so blasé about the whole thing?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Check out Izzy in the background going :aaa:, it's awesome too.

Yeah it was a No DQ match, and a really fun one. Definitely worth checking out.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

dromal phrenia posted:

ahahAHAHAHa not only is that a hilarious sell, but the brief shot of the ref looking bored gave me a second big laugh after the first started to die down

i assume this was a no DQ match and that's why the ref is so blasé about the whole thing?

The ref was like "pshhh i did countless death matches this doesnt impress me yo"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Back to the minors https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/905957628102287361

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So much for that experiment

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

So much for that experiment

He's getting a US Title match next week on Smackdown!

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
i hope asuka's debut isn't just a sudden run in and beat down. i want every woman on raw and smackdown looking over their shoulder. dana brooke should be hurriedly packing a bag and running until she finally debuts, local talent shouldn't show up for nia squashes because they're afraid of someone else debuting and they want to keep their jaws, etc. bliss or whoever is champ on smackdown doesn't believe the rest of them, and then gets their head kicked off for their arrogance and the reign of terror begins anew.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Rochester is only like an hour from his hometown, so that could be why.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Main roster ready https://twitter.com/WWE_MandyRose/status/905979341821050880

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I hope you're joking because Vanessa Borne was not very good in the MYC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Tamina and Lana are central figures on the main roster, so it's not exactly a high bar.

• Locked thread