Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

gradenko_2000 posted:

imagine having a literal fantasy and still thinking that you still have to cut social security.

Like, if I was going to write my own hypothetical POTUS, it'd just be loving Full Communism Now.

cutting social security with a bipartisan grand bargain is the centrist wet dream

if you want to understand bad dems, you have to understand this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

eagerly awaiting two years from now when hillary or zuckerberg has a 400-person superdelegate lead months before voting starts and the media starts baragging everyone else with questions of why don't they just drop out already

haha yeah just like that time that

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

She was staggeringly unpopular before, too, which they solved by deciding that everyone who doesn't like her is bad

I posit to you that she was, in fact, not unpopular with the people that voted for her

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

zegermans posted:

I posit to you that she was, in fact, not unpopular with the people that voted for her

https://i.imgur.com/3sn0udi.gifv

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Inescapable Duck posted:

Zuck as the candidate of the long overdue cyberpunk dystopia

A disgraced reality tv star in charge of the largest fleet of deathbots in the world not cyberpunk enough for you?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Jazerus posted:

basket of deplorables

It was really 2016 as gently caress that that gaffe really hurt her vs. literally everything Trump did for his entire campaign

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

zegermans posted:

She was less popular with those who voted for her than Bernie.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:byodood:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Corky Romanovsky posted:

She was less popular with those who voted for her than Bernie.

Voting now to be conducted by ranked choice, except the ranks are "how enthusiastic are you to cast this vote"

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

comedyblissoption posted:

you must now have been a member of the democratic party for at least 5 years to run

And the winner is... the coffee stain on the carpet in Steve's office! Runner up: Hillary's "evil" twin.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

zegermans posted:

Voting now to be conducted by ranked choice, except the ranks are "how enthusiastic are you to cast this vote"

Don't throw your back out moving then goal posts.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

zegermans posted:

Yes, that would be unironically quite helpful, when people only can cast one vote. It's also known as instant runoff.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, people voted for her due to the myth of inevitability and betraying the party by not choosing her, now that myth is dead, so people aren't going to support her hypothetical candidacy just because they feel they have to.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Don't throw your back out moving then goal posts.

you moved them when I said she wasn't unpopular with her voters and you said "yeah but she wasn't as popular as bernie with his voters!"

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yea but it's her turn :grin:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

Anyway, it doesn't matter, people voted for her due to the myth of inevitability and betraying the party by not choosing her, now that myth is dead, so people aren't going to support her hypothetical candidacy just because they feel they have to.

I'll never grow tired of the amazing grand conspiracy that outsmarted millions that was broken wide open by the crack PIs of the most hated thread in C-SPAM

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

:eyepop:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

you moved them when I said she wasn't unpopular with her voters and you said "yeah but she wasn't as popular as bernie with his voters!"

Lol she's not even popular with her own voters what the gently caress are you talking about

Dems lost in every single demographic, except high earners lol

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

zegermans posted:

An "option" you get to "pick" in a Hobson's choice isn't popular even if it is picked 100% of the time, you moron.

quote:

'll never grow tired of the amazing grand conspiracy that outsmarted millions that was broken wide open by the crack PIs of the most hated thread in C-SPAM
Which part of it is a conspiracy theory? That she was presented as inevitable?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

I'll never grow tired of the amazing grand conspiracy that outsmarted millions that was broken wide open by the crack PIs of the most hated thread in C-SPAM

I wonder why so many CSPAM posters hate this thread :thunk:

Can't be because their shite ideology is being constantly being mocked and derided, no sir

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

An "option" you get to "pick" in a Hobson's choice isn't popular even if it is picked 100% of the time, you moron.

I feel like there were multiple people on the ballot?

quote:

Which part of it is a conspiracy theory? That she was presented as inevitable?

Mostly the part that only the brilliant minds of SomethingAwful were smart enough to see through media narratives, unlike those people who were just too stupid to vote right.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

zegermans posted:

Mostly the part that only the brilliant minds of SomethingAwful were smart enough to see through media narratives, unlike those people who were just too stupid to vote right.

Millions of people voted right. And so did millions of Republicans who ignored the same sort of shaming from their side and voted Trump.

quote:

I feel like there were multiple people on the ballot?
Lol, you assholes have been yelling at people for years that voting for anybody but X is throwing the vote away and making the bad guys win (not just in abuela's case!). Even today the major conspiracy theory of this cycle is that scorned Berniebros voted for Libertarians / Greens, and so betrayed the party that welcomed them - if you truly believed that people had a legitimate choice in the election beyond the preordained safe candidates, you wouldn't be among the imbeciles promulgating this view. But you thrive on this false democracy, on putting all the power of the system behind one horse, and relying on the other horses being the lame Chaffees and Jim Webbs.

steinrokkan has issued a correction as of 16:06 on Sep 5, 2017

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Shut up zegermans

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh Snapple! posted:

Shut up zegermans

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Shut up zegermans 🤐

Cállate la boca

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The most hated poster in the two most hated threads in C-SPAM

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/8iNDsgM.gifv

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/jezzerat/status/905068788772691968

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

Lol, you assholes have been yelling at people for years that voting for anybody but X is throwing the vote away and making the bad guys win (not just in abuela's case!). Even today the major conspiracy theory of this cycle is that scorned Berniebros voted for Libertarians / Greens, and so betrayed the party that welcomed them - if you truly believed that people had a legitimate choice in the election beyond the preordained safe candidates, you wouldn't be among the imbeciles promulgating this view.

People had the choice in the primaries, the general was about averting fascism. You're conflating the two. No one said a vote for anyone other than Clinton in the primaries was a waste

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

People had the choice in the primaries, the general was about averting fascism. You're conflating the two. No one said a vote for anyone other than Clinton in the primaries was a waste

Ah yes, the old tried and true method of averting fascism by directing the media to raise the fascist candidates's voice above all the others

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

white sauce posted:

Ah yes, the old tried and true method of averting fascism by directing the media to raise the fascist candidates's voice above all the others

haha what about the media coverage makes you think Clinton had any ability to manipulate them.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

Tons of people were coming out with "I agree with Bernie on the issues but I'm voting for Hillary anyway because I am a tremendous coward the concept of electability is extremely warped in my bizarre smooth brain" takes all primary long

I actually saw a "Bernie has my heart, but Hillary has my vote" bumper sticker on the road literally yesterday

made me pull an :eyepop: like it was a Zegermans post

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

haha what about the media coverage makes you think Clinton had any ability to manipulate them.

My god you're dumb

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Yinlock posted:

we all know hillary is running again friend, she will never stop until she becomes president and she has also almost assuredly forgotten why she wants to

she knows why she wants to be prez, she just cant admit to the populace that she wants to hoard all the wealth and gently caress everyone else over
she should be a repub, that honestly would work on them

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

white sauce posted:

My god you're dumb

:allears: I'm gonna guess you think journalists asking for comment on stories counts as media collusion

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

Tons of people were coming out with "I agree with Bernie on the issues but I'm voting for Hillary anyway because I am a tremendous coward the concept of electability is extremely warped in my bizarre smooth brain" takes all primary long

that sounds about as real and relevant to the totals as the Bernie-Trump crossover vote.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

got any sevens posted:

she knows why she wants to be prez, she just cant admit to the populace that she wants to hoard all the wealth and gently caress everyone else over
she should be a repub, that honestly would work on them

https://i.imgur.com/o61roZq.gifv

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
lol @ the idea that people weren't pushed during the primaries to vote for Hillary. and that hillary wasn't the only candidate receiving attention for a majority of the primary process

it's even a loving CSPAM meme that she was hailed as the un-defeatable pragmatic statesman by every self-styled political analyst chode (while Bernie was a loon who should vacate the stage not to damage her). gently caress, tons of people were literally arguing that primary debates should be banned because they exposed hillary to attacks

but im absolutely sure that you would just accept say Lincoln Chaffee as the winner of the primaries without trying to convince people against voting for him

steinrokkan has issued a correction as of 16:23 on Sep 5, 2017

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
the fact that verrit exists should be all the proof anyone needs to abandon the DNC before their epic shellacking in 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

:allears: I'm gonna guess you think journalists asking for comment on stories counts as media collusion

“The variety of candidates is a positive here, and many of the lesser known can serve as a cudgel to move the more established candidates further to the right. In this scenario, we don’t want to marginalize the more extreme candidates, but make them more ‘Pied Piper’ candidates who actually represent the mainstream of the Republican Party,” read the memo.

“Pied Piper candidates include, but aren’t limited to:

• Ted Cruz
• Donald Trump
• Ben Carson

We need to be elevating the Pied Piper candidates so that they are leaders of the pack and tell the press to [take] them seriously."

• Locked thread