Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heycindy
Jun 18, 2014
Does anyone remember which episode with Tom they talk about visiting the 9/11 memorial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

heycindy posted:

Does anyone remember which episode with Tom they talk about visiting the 9/11 memorial?

#110 - Handbook East with Tom Scharpling

At least it used to be, who knows now that it's all THE M&M'S STORE

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Tacier posted:

That was Neil Campbell, but yes good ep.

Well gently caress. I conflate them after their Jordan Jesse go Debates (Bart Simpson vs Guy who proposed Look Who's Talking 3).

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

these are all good episodes but the moments that make me laugh the most are when someone (usually sean) goes for a bit that most people wouldn't touch due to fear of irl career suicide

asking stephanie allynne about steve rannazzisi's 9/11 lie, referencing pally's coke bust, making specific, cutting jokes about people they actually have a chance to work with in the future

it breaks a very specific taboo every time and i always lose my poo poo when it happens

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

JethroMcB posted:

i admire how much he committed to such a dead end bit

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
American Doll Girls you need to own was a great moment in HH history

heycindy
Jun 18, 2014

JethroMcB posted:

Thanks. That ending bit about Hamilton is amazing.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

heycindy posted:

Thanks. That ending bit about Hamilton is amazing.

#1: Save his life
#2: Circumcise this man

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

American Doll Girls you need to own was a great moment in HH history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbPxxtGW6nI

This is a good example of early HH’s dynamic. Sean would riff, while Hayes would “uh huh” until the bit reached a natural stopping point.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
This week's With Special Guest is good, especially if you're already missing Don't Get Me Started.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
what was the ep where they talked about their Memorial Day weekend plans to go to a vet graveyard and knock over headstones?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
idk exactly why but the part in the Maria Thayer episode where Hayes talks about our increasing life expectancies, concluding "and then you get a little more..and then you..just get a little more" has always been important to me

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The new second opinions them on HDTGM is so goofy.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Did you post that in the hollywood handbook thread by accident

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Work Friend Keven posted:

Did you post that in the hollywood handbook thread by accident

Mmmm... I must be so embarrassed. And I'd like to speak on that.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Spont is a continual delight; I applaud PFT's refusal to eat at "eggslut."

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The boys just released the best ad read I’ve ever heard in this week’s episode.

I’ll just say that we haven’t seen the last of Santaman.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Know Such Peace posted:

The boys just released the best ad read I’ve ever heard in this week’s episode.

I’ll just say that we haven’t seen the last of Santaman.

Gotta listen ASAP

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Hwee hwee hwee...

Holy moly, that was a dramatic turn of events.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
He's shaving the coffin.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I can't believe Santaman was poisoned by MORIARTY!!

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I’m ready for the new HH movie.

Harry’s Presents
Santaman v. Moriarty:
Dawn of Justice

Whoever wins... we lose.

Edit:
Seriously, the ad was really good. ~35:00 into the episode if you want to skip ahead.

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 6, 2017

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Ah! The mystery Gabrus/Lapkus show revealed:

https://twitter.com/earwolf/status/905461057556185088

If it's just a chatty nostalgiafest I'll be sorely disappointed.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
My dream is Jon and Laura jumping up and down on a couch, guzzling Surge while screaming.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

feedmyleg posted:

If it's just a chatty nostalgiafest I'll be sorely disappointed.

Given that her episode of High and Mighty was "Raised by TV" and that's exactly what it was...it definitely will be.

I'm onboard, though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, I don't currently listen to any of the other shows like that so I'm happy to give it a shot as I like them both.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
You're about to get to sample their trial set for FREE... Up in your ASSssss!

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I thought the HH ep was weirdly low energy considering the guests..feels like nothing really got off the ground even by HH standard. Too bad so sad.

Santaman is always a deligh t

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Yeah I was kinda worried Blasooch and Lund's style weren't going to gel with the boys', Sam was surprisingly the MVP though. "What? You want me to look something up?"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It reminded me of the early episodes where the guests had no idea what the show was

it was kind of weak but I liked engineer sam and the will smith bit

cams
Mar 28, 2003

it was definitely less "packed" with funny than most eps, but i laughed a lot.

the running bit about the logline of the show worked for me.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Spont video ep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kktQhRtBQ-g

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Oh poo poo I love video eps, very nice!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I signed up for Stitcher Premium due to the Labor Day deal. Jesus Christ, this service sucks. The app is functionally terrible, catalog navigation is unwieldy and stuff that I can find on the app (First half off Superego S3) isn't on the website. What a mess.

I'm guessing there's no way to download and keep the stuff, is there?

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 7, 2017

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

There's a "Listen Later" thing that I think downloads locally, but ya, it's trash. I tried to find all the Scharpling Hollywood Handbooks the other day for a relisten, had to cross reference dates from the Earwolf site because I couldn't do (like you could in howl) "show me all the appearances of this dude" or even reliably search his name.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ManoliIsFat posted:

There's a "Listen Later" thing that I think downloads locally, but ya, it's trash. I tried to find all the Scharpling Hollywood Handbooks the other day for a relisten, had to cross reference dates from the Earwolf site because I couldn't do (like you could in howl) "show me all the appearances of this dude" or even reliably search his name.

what you dont memorize every episode name (not the number, they dont have numbers) and then scrolling through hundreds of eps to find the one that you like?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

R. Guyovich posted:

i hope it's a weekly hour of them talking about what tv shows they remember watching

hell yeah dude

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Good i4h today with Ben Schwartz. Especially good because Matt was planning on confronting a Twitter follower on the phone and either forgot to or changed his mind last minute when Ben called him out on it being dumb.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

R. Guyovich posted:

i hope it's a weekly hour of them talking about what tv shows they remember watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Good i4h today with Ben Schwartz. Especially good because Matt was planning on confronting a Twitter follower on the phone and either forgot to or changed his mind last minute when Ben called him out on it being dumb.
this sounds good, i'm gonna listen to this

my favorite parts on every improv 4 humans are the parts where they aren't doing a scene