Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

silvergoose posted:

Do tell, what are you actually doing with it?

The general idea is using an eye of innocence and martyr of innocence together to set myself and everything else on fire while blowing up every 1.2 seconds due to the built-in vengeance, and getting a bunch of buffs from ignite. Also combining that with the inquisitor's Sanctify to put down consecrated ground literally everywhere for more damage and regen since the eye of innocence feedback counts as a hit. It should be awkward until level 68 when I can start dealing fire damage to myself and pumping out vengeances and consecrated grounds, but everything dies so drat quick that I dont even notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
If affordable, is United in Dream a good option for a skelly-mages build? Even the free Envy aura doesn't look as good as a L20 anger.

Other options include The Scourge w/ arc+COH to trigger the 70% minion damage bonus. Or going 2H for a 6L Pledge of Hands.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

From what I've heard elemental minion scaling is strictly superior to chaos/poison this patch, making united in dream very lackluster.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

nerox posted:

The other day I gave away all my stuff thinking I was done with the league and going to play the new xcom expansion. I couldn't get into xcom and the siren song of PoE is calling me back. Since I am basically starting over, I am going to level up a Dark pact dude that people seem to enjoy this league. I am looking at the forums and seeing a lot of different builds, can anyone recommend me the best one to do?

Iron Will DP is cool and good and has over 10k life.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

nightwisher posted:

I DID IT

I loving DID IT

I TOPPED THE 75ex HELM

vaal it or no balls

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
What's up goons, I'm looking for some upgrade advice for my Tornado shot raider. It's starting to have trouble on t8-10 maps. I have about 80c to spend.

Oh and a question as well, my VP life leech doesn't really hold up on bosses and higher tier mobs. I've already got some leech nodes, any ideas on how to boost it?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/danceofficer/characters

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 5, 2017

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
Anyone have recommendations/build links for phys flicker builds? Can't decide between term est slayer or a rare sword raider.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Dance Officer posted:

What's up goons, I'm looking for some upgrade advice for my Tornado shot raider. It's starting to have trouble on t8-10 maps. I have about 80c to spend.

Oh and a question as well, my VP life leech doesn't really hold up on bosses and higher tier mobs. I've already got some leech nodes, any ideas on how to boost it?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/danceofficer/characters

Pick up more life on all of your rares, you can get 70+ on rings/amulet for cheap. Drop the charisma and essence sap clusters on your tree, pick up the forces of nature and primeval force cluster. Take the life/mana leech node right next to vitality void if you need mana leech. Your flask setup should me instant life flask, atziri flask, diamond + 2 other flasks (quicksilver, basalt, stibnite, jade, silver are all decent options). Ideally you'll eventually want a vinktars and dying sun but those are expensive upgrades. Use the 5 link in your chest for a barrage set up for single target dps. Buy a Signal Fire so you get a full ele conversion instead of 50% phys, 50% lightning. Reduced mana doesn't work on mana reservations, you ideally should drop grace and arctic armour and run hatred + herald of ice. Swap proj weakness for assassins mark so you can generate power charges or ele weakness for more damage. I'd also drop the Lioneye's Glare for Death's Opus/Doomfletch's Prism/Rare bow so you can take point blank on the tree

edit: I also blanked on wise oak, that's a good flask upgrade as well

terrified of my bathroom fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 5, 2017

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

terrified of my bathroom posted:

Pick up more life on all of your rares, you can get 70+ on rings/amulet for cheap. Drop the charisma and essence sap clusters on your tree, pick up the forces of nature and primeval force cluster. Take the life/mana leech node right next to vitality void if you need mana leech. Your flask setup should me instant life flask, atziri flask, diamond + 2 other flasks (quicksilver, basalt, stibnite, jade, silver are all decent options). Ideally you'll eventually want a vinktars and dying sun but those are expensive upgrades. Use the 5 link in your chest for a barrage set up for single target dps. Buy a Signal Fire so you get a full ele conversion instead of 50% phys, 50% lightning. Reduced mana doesn't work on mana reservations, you ideally should drop grace and arctic armour and run hatred + herald of ice. Swap proj weakness for assassins mark so you can generate power charges or ele weakness for more damage. I'd also drop the Lioneye's Glare for Death's Opus/Doomfletch's Prism/Rare bow so you can take point blank on the tree

edit: I also blanked on wise oak, that's a good flask upgrade as well

all this but keep the bow and take point blank anyway

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Goa Tse-tung posted:

all this but keep the bow and take point blank anyway

doesn't point blank and far shot mostly cancel each other out? thats the main reason why i suggested the bow swap

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ive gotten so wrapped up in poe finance and flipping and ex vs chaos value writing scrapers and snipers i think im gonna have to have a rest lol i shouldn't be this obsessive

my two options are buy a hh with 130 ex and play more hours of harbinger league
or
save 130 ex and not play more harbinger league

i think im gonna settle for #2 lol, harbinger league just sucks so god drat bad

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
i spent half the time flipping and trading and obsessing over currency values, harb league is so fuckinga wful

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

please knock Mom! posted:

i spent half the time flipping and trading and obsessing over currency values, harb league is so fuckinga wful

wow, you're stupid lol

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Soothing Vapors posted:

You have life on your pieces, but it's low. Life rolls really high on some of these slots. Ideally you want 90+ life and resists on a rare ring, 90+ on a rare neck, 110+ on a belt, 90+ on head/boots/hands. You've either got uniques or really low life rolls in each of these spots. Crafted life lags behind what gear can naturally roll, so it's not really going to keep up.

Using uniques is fine, but each one is an opportunity cost tradeoff -- you weigh what the unique is giving you vs. what you'd get from a good rare. The Magnate is a particularly bad offender here; for the cost of your belt slot (which can get you a ton of resistances and life) you're getting lovely resistances, barely any life, and some cool but relatively minor perks. Personally I'd keep the Devoto's, ditch the Magnate, and start replacing your rares with better life rolls.

Here's a quick sample search for affordable rings with at least 90 life and at least 80 total resists. If your budget is real tight, you can drop those thresholds just a little and find big upgrades for dirt cheap. Same deal with the belts, but you actually push the threshold higher -- you can get 110+ health and 90 total resists for fairly cheap on a belt.

Once you start stacking up more flat life, your Belly will have a much more noticeable effect.

I'm not sure I'd call that affordable... There's one 3c ring(which was probably already bought as I type this) and then it's a 15c and then everything else is 40-50c. This is because 90 life on a ring is actually pretty difficult! Tier 1 life caps out at 79 so you need it to be coral or have a large strength bonus or both.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Playing auction house hero is so ridiculously unrewarding in this game I can't imagine why you would want to do that. It was fun for a while in D3 but goddamn.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

McFrugal posted:

I'm not sure I'd call that affordable... There's one 3c ring(which was probably already bought as I type this) and then it's a 15c and then everything else is 40-50c. This is because 90 life on a ring is actually pretty difficult! Tier 1 life caps out at 79 so you need it to be coral or have a large strength bonus or both.
There were several options there for 11-15c when I ran that search. It'll likely fill back up in US primetime, it's not exactly a super restrictive search.

Also 15c seems pretty reasonable to me for a solid upgrade, and I'm not a richie rich trade baron. Like I said, move the thresholds down slightly if 15c is out of your budget and you've still got good pieces for ~5c that will last a while.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

ive gotten so wrapped up in poe finance and flipping and ex vs chaos value writing scrapers and snipers i think im gonna have to have a rest lol i shouldn't be this obsessive

or

Option #3: Buy me a HH if you have that much spare currency that's just wasting away.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

wow, you're stupid lol
agreed, but harb league is actually bad. i was drawn to the market because the actual gameplay is the same as its been for a while: grind the same map or kill the same bosses. i can't be the only one tired of atziri and shaper

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Playing auction house hero is so ridiculously unrewarding in this game
lol?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Eezee posted:

Option #3: Buy me a HH if you have that much spare currency that's just wasting away.

gently caress I'll just take like 100c or something

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

A good 6 linked QoTF would be my dream. Already 1000 fusings down the drain :shobon:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

or

I'm new to PoE, I get that the Harbinger league's main hook is the Harbingers, but do they have different gimmicks, currencies and prizes for each league?

I got my Harbinger eyes over the weekeend, only to discover they have no effect on closed helms. :smith:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Flipping is pretty ridiculous currency/hour even if you play it safe and only flip things that are guaranteed returns with fixed prices (uniques, essences etc). Unless you really want to squeeze max efficiency out of it you can even do it while mapping or otherwise playing the game (unless you're farming lab).

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

NofrikinfuN posted:

I'm new to PoE, I get that the Harbinger league's main hook is the Harbingers, but do they have different gimmicks, currencies and prizes for each league?

I got my Harbinger eyes over the weekeend, only to discover they have no effect on closed helms. :smith:

Yes, each league has (mostly) different additional mechanics, special currencies, challenges, and rewards for them.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

For whoever was asking before, I run uber lab on my Wander with my normal mapping setup but I take out Vaal Pact and it's fine. It's standard 50% flask effectiveness Quicksilver of Adrenaline Pathfinder + 30% movespeed boots + Onslaught speed, and it does enough damage to blow up all the Izaro phases nearly instantly.

Also I've done everything this league with it, including Hall of Grandmasters. I can't dodge Uber Atziri crap and everything in Uber Atziri does like 9000 damage so I'll give you a warning that my Uber Atziri kill I did die a bunch of times, but I wouldn't say any build not specialized for it is going to do better. That said, I have 6300 life wearing a real amulet and full Acro + Phase Acro, Yriel's Fostering instead of Belly, and do like 1.4m DPS not counting any shock effect to Shaper, also I'm missing +2 Barrage Enchant, which would bring that up to 1.8m.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Any opinions on where to improve my life (that don't involve removing Bisco's)?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/eschatoned/characters (cyberermom)

I could drop the Rat's Nest for a rare helm with +life, but what other useful mods do I put on it? I'm capped on resistances, so I don't know what else I would want the helmet to do. If I get a rare helm with +life and +res, then I guess I could change on of my other pieces that has +res on it to something with other useful stats, but which?

Swapping Daresso's for a Belly adds about 400 life, so it's ok, but probably not worth the ~60c it'd cost me. And Kaom's isn't anywhere close to affordable.

Keep in mind that crit chance is extremely important in this build. Following this guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1859077

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

The Wonder Weapon posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/eschatoned/characters (cyberermom)

I could drop the Rat's Nest for a rare helm with +life, but what other useful mods do I put on it? I'm capped on resistances, so I don't know what else I would want the helmet to do. If I get a rare helm with +life and +res, then I guess I could change on of my other pieces that has +res on it to something with other useful stats, but which?

Swapping Daresso's for a Belly adds about 400 life, so it's ok, but probably not worth the ~60c it'd cost me. And Kaom's isn't anywhere close to affordable.

Keep in mind that crit chance is extremely important in this build. Following this guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1859077

You can get another ~60 life on boots if you upgrade those, replacing maligro's with rare gloves would be another hundred or so, and you have a whole bunch of life nodes that are very easy to fill out over your next few levels. you can also get life on your jewel. belly/kaoms is probably the ideal chest but if you want a cheapish upgrade, you could look into death's oath. similar life but it gives resists, a shitload of stats, attack speed, and more life leech

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

terrified of my bathroom posted:

You can get another ~60 life on boots if you upgrade those, replacing maligro's with rare gloves would be another hundred or so, and you have a whole bunch of life nodes that are very easy to fill out over your next few levels. you can also get life on your jewel. belly/kaoms is probably the ideal chest but if you want a cheapish upgrade, you could look into death's oath. similar life but it gives resists, a shitload of stats, attack speed, and more life leech

That's an interest piece of armor, but A. what is the death aura skill and B. how does that 450 damage per second not cause serious problems?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

That's an interest piece of armor, but A. what is the death aura skill and B. how does that 450 damage per second not cause serious problems?

death aura is just aoe chaos degen on enemies, and the 450 damage was pretty much unnoticeable on my cyclone slayer, thanks to regen and the overleech you get

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
When y'all are getting bored with just clearing content, that's the exact moment you should start designing and trying out ridiculous niche builds that probably won't be very effective but seem cool in concept.

Watch woolfio's stuff on youtube, he figured out how to play for fun and try new poo poo. The game is more than just killing every boss and getting hundreds of exalts and headhunters and skyforths. Sure those make for some neat builds, but they're hardly the end-all for the whole gameplay experience.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

wow, you're stupid lol

i did none of what he said and i too think harbinger is awful. I hope they change up the atlas enough in the next patch.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Isnt this the first league that had the extra 6 acts worth of content? That seems pretty cool to me, I liked the god boss fights aside from kitava.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

at this point i just wish they would turn up the drop rate on annul shards. Like, I legit get that these orbs are economically dangerous, being the far less retarded little brother of the eternal orb, but this is a loving league and no one gives a poo poo about standard you might as well make them rain now and put them in the core game at a horrible low drop rate later

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

interrodactyl posted:

DBK where you at

Help me price this thing

Jesus loving christ goons keep finding all my upgrades! I might not be able to afford these though since i Just made a 75 Exalt trade, but hit me up in game. I had to work and sleep last couple days so that hardbinge could flip my 75 exalts into a god drat headhunter. Grats though, both of you.

Also, the Goon POE community is seriously awesome. For those that don't know I bought my barrage tempest from Hardbinge for 2025 Chaos. A full inventory is 600, and we had no problem making the trade. Seriously, all but a few of you are awesome!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

maybe starkonjas instead of rats nest? still a little crit and a lot of hp

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

at this point i just wish they would turn up the drop rate on annul shards. Like, I legit get that these orbs are economically dangerous, being the far less retarded little brother of the eternal orb, but this is a loving league and no one gives a poo poo about standard you might as well make them rain now and put them in the core game at a horrible low drop rate later

They're trying to scale back from the insane leagues they've had recently.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Awesome! posted:

maybe starkonjas instead of rats nest? still a little crit and a lot of hp

Yeah I think I'm going to do this and then move to a Belly. That will get me up to ~4.4k. Then I'll go from there. Thanks for the input guys!

Also on a lark I looked up the price for currency and these available quantities are something else

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

10bux posted:

Jesus loving christ goons keep finding all my upgrades! I might not be able to afford these though since i Just made a 75 Exalt trade, but hit me up in game. I had to work and sleep last couple days so that hardbinge could flip my 75 exalts into a god drat headhunter. Grats though, both of you.

Also, the Goon POE community is seriously awesome. For those that don't know I bought my barrage tempest from Hardbinge for 2025 Chaos. A full inventory is 600, and we had no problem making the trade. Seriously, all but a few of you are awesome!

i'm not on until late tonight west coast USA time, but i'll be around tomorrow

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

TheRat posted:

They're trying to scale back from the insane leagues they've had recently.

yeah but that sucks

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think this wander might be my favorite build ive ever done. up there with my howa raider from breach. high speed, shattering whole screens, good single target without swapping weapons or gems, 100% flask uptime...its so much fun. all for the low cost of a dying sun and vinktar (my other gear is still cheap as hell)

i spent awhile last night running ubers for the lightning damage boot enchant. didnt get it with the ~10 saved offerings i had. last map of the night had a trial which led to more enchant disappointment but also one last offering from the chest. that was finally the one :woop:

also i rubbed the enchant skull on my boots really hard that time so i am doing that from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Anything I can do to this to get it to sell? I know the slow base is a killer.

Only registered members can see post attachments!