Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got Leviathan once, Ramuh like five times and Titan maybe twice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

RatHat posted:

Carbuncle? He's a summon on Easy difficulty. It's pretty dumb that he doesn't show up at all otherwise.

Isn't he pretty much an auto-revive that makes it impossible to die?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Paracelsus posted:

Isn't he pretty much an auto-revive that makes it impossible to die?

Yeah he's also a super stat boost so he's good for farming some bosses.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Carbuncle can show up in photos as well.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Leviathan is like impossible to have show up because you need to be near water, on a game map that's 1/3 desert and cave.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
It's kinda weird to think that someone who just decided to jump into FFXV now would have all sorts of crazy poo poo at the ready like a monster truck and all sorts of theme outfits and supplemental DLC...but they'd still reach the chapter where you leave the continent and go "wait, what happened to the plot, why am I in this empty city and now on a train, what's even happening"

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

This is what the Dream Egg is for? :what:

Someone must have gone, "poo poo! We need to do something with this thing... Um... Oh!".

I was hoping it'd be a personal chocobo friend :sigh:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Wolfsheim posted:

It's kinda weird to think that someone who just decided to jump into FFXV now would have all sorts of crazy poo poo at the ready like a monster truck and all sorts of theme outfits and supplemental DLC...but they'd still reach the chapter where you leave the continent and go "wait, what happened to the plot, why am I in this empty city and now on a train, what's even happening"

I'm trying to get back to this game and sorting through the mess of news over the past year is nuts. There's a monster truck? And power rangers? And assasins creed? And it took like 10 months to add a chapter select?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I'm not sure why there even needs to be a chapter select. All the chapters before the train are practically the same with very little plot stuff and the same sidequests over and over

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I'm starting to think that Square Enix maybe spent way too much money on this game

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

WaltherFeng posted:

I'm not sure why there even needs to be a chapter select. All the chapters before the train are practically the same with very little plot stuff and the same sidequests over and over

I think it's so you can hop to any of their story changes? Are they still doing those?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I only ever got Ramuh, except for Titan finally helping me with the second to last boss

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Final Fantasy XV is maybe the definitive example "Oh man, I'm so glad I waited on a PC port."

I would just way rather wait to experience the game + all DLC in a big chunk then this long, slow process of releasing the game in chunks.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Final Fantasy XV is maybe the definitive example "Oh man, I'm so glad I waited on a PC port."

I would just way rather wait to experience the game + all DLC in a big chunk then this long, slow process of releasing the game in chunks.

I'm jealous of people who waited, because I'm curious about the new content, but not curious enough to wade back into this huge, mediocre game that I already beat once

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm jealous of people who waited, because I'm curious about the new content, but not curious enough to wade back into this huge, mediocre game that I already beat once

As someone who has kept up with the game post release, there is nothing really worth going back for. Having said that, this week's timed quest was pretty fun (another dread behemoth fight).

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
All the DLC will be way better as a part of the game you're freshly experiencing instead of having to wait for months to get these small bits of content.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Nina posted:

All the DLC will be way better as a part of the game you're freshly experiencing instead of having to wait for months to get these small bits of content.

Yeah I rented it from a redbox to play on my dads XBone and got like 4 hours in to the first dungeon and was like "I know in my heart I'll enjoy this more on my PC and besides I can just go play the Witcher 3."

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
where the gently caress/how the gently caress do i level up beyond 99 in this lovely game, the experience requirements are ridiculous and i haven't played since before the episode gladio update :|

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Legs Benedict posted:

where the gently caress/how the gently caress do i level up beyond 99 in this lovely game, the experience requirements are ridiculous and i haven't played since before the episode gladio update :|

Farm Rare Coins

Cast very high leveled Expericasts.

Sleep at the 3x EXP hotel.

Repeat until dead.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
so same poo poo then, cool. i imagine AP farming is the same

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Legs Benedict posted:

so same poo poo then, cool. i imagine AP farming is the same

You gain comically high amounts of EXP from doing the trick above, though. Also, make sure you equip the band that keeps you from leveling up, until you're happy with the EXP you've got.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
This Assassin's Creed DLC is great if just for the costumes and seeing Gladio be a total ladykiller (to the chargin of Prompto mostly when he hits on Cindy)

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
http://gematsu.com/2017/09/20-minutes-final-fantasy-xv-pocket-edition-gameplay

The player is clearly doing something incorrectly because it looks like he's just toggling target lock on and off.

The game probably uses the same hold down to attack and nobody told this guy so he just keeps repeatedly tapping despite the obvious

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

TopHatGenius posted:

This Assassin's Creed DLC is great if just for the costumes and seeing Gladio be a total ladykiller (to the chargin of Prompto mostly when he hits on Cindy)

It's also pretty fun to run around on roof tops and assassinating soldiers while collecting medals. Lots of new banter as well! I definitely enjoyed my time with it.

Also, you get to finally ride the black chocobo!

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 5, 2017

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

So the PC port isn't looking very good apparently: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/09/the-pc-issues-that-need-fixing-before-final-fantasy-xv-launches-on-windows/

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
No video menu of any kind
The menus also lacked toggles for any visual settings

Welp, guess you just need those suggested dual titan xpsxl overclockeds or whatever.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Oh no a unreleased PC game has performance issues!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

No video menu of any kind
The menus also lacked toggles for any visual settings

Welp, guess you just need those suggested dual titan xpsxl overclockeds or whatever.

I cannot believe that a demo of a PC game that they handpicked hardware to show it on had no visual settings you can change.

I literally cannot believe they did this, how could they do this?????

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Paul Zuvella posted:

I cannot believe that a demo of a PC game that they handpicked hardware to show it on had no visual settings you can change.

I literally cannot believe they did this, how could they do this?????

If only history has shown us they're loving terrible at pc ports and have literally had no video options before

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It
Was
A
Demo

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
This will be the time they get it right.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Why on earth would they let anyone chance the visual settings on a PC demo at a convention. Like, what purpose would that serve.

Man, I sure can make this game look really terrible! Wow!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

This will be the time they get it right.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
final fantasy xv is the worst game dont buy it on pc whether it has a graphics menu or not, thanks

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Doorknob Slobber posted:

final fantasy xv is the worst game dont buy it on pc whether it has a graphics menu or not, thanks

You had a typo while you were spelling final fantasy x

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Norns posted:

Oh no a unreleased PC game has performance issues!

The performance issues aren't that weird, but the warp strike not activating at all and the incredibly bad keyboard layout are obviously dumb.

Yes, you can most likely change keyboard layout later, but who the hell puts run on tab?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Clearly something they won't address by the time the game actually comes out

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Norns posted:

It
Was
A
Demo

People not being able to warp strike is a problem. The game apparently not running at its advertised resolution is a problem. The game struggling to maintain 30fps is a huge loving problem, especially when it's a controlled environment where it's supposed to be running on a tricked out pc to show off what the game can do. Doubly so when, according to the article, a bunch of textures aren't even in 4k which was the reason for those monstrous requirements to run it in the first place.

Demos don't have to be perfect, but this is what they're putting out there to sell people on their game.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

As someone who was dumb enough to buy and complete this game: Do not buy this game; it is a bad game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

it's a perfectly fine game actually, it just has flaws like many other AAA games that are also just fine

• Locked thread