Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Uh oh, there are microtransactions that gives major gameplay advantages (increased heath, reduced cooldowns etc) over those who don't buy them

People are going to absolutely flip their poo poo over them, they seem like a pretty big deal to me

Eververse is no longer cosmetic only

you get all that poo poo by playing the game and gaining xp over level 20, turning in weaponsmith engrams, or looting chests. the advantage is minor and just a matter of people getting them from playing the game. eververse still has no meaningful advantages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Don't forget to post any good meltdowns you find on reddit, for those of us who don't go there.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
There's gotta be a max on the health thing, though, right?

or is it a diminishing returns thing

I mean I'm not saying destiny isn't stupid but

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

AAB posted:

you get all that poo poo by playing the game and gaining xp over level 20, turning in weaponsmith engrams, or looting chests. the advantage is minor and just a matter of people getting them from playing the game. eververse still has no meaningful advantages.

Then why do they cost real money?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

New page

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Then why do they cost real money?

extra way to get more, faster. works just like the AoT gear boxes, but with new gear.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
So like the gunsmith weapon upgrade boosts that nobody uses?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Regarding the Eververse poo poo: Looks like you can spend silver to buy bright engrams. Bright engrams possibly decrypt to weapon/armor mods. You get one every time you level up (even after you hit the level cap).

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Insane Totoro posted:

So like the gunsmith weapon upgrade boosts that nobody uses?

weapon mods to give you things like reduced recoil, increased range, change energy types and similar on your gear

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol come on that's straight pay to win homies, especially with how crazy cooldowns are

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Gonna be cool when people buy a bunch of poo poo and then the next update makes it all useless

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
if pay to win means pay to get the same stuff i can get without spending a loving dime but without any higher guaranteed chance of getting it since it's all random poo poo anyway i guess i just don't care, let dipshits waste their money

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Hahah tell me you are joking

Basically you buy 'bright engrams' which has a chance to drop mods and items that grant perks, it's true that you can also get one for levelling up past max level (like motes of light for the original game) and so you can just play the game as normal and get them too, but at the end of the day, it's still a form of p2w. Just because you can get the items through ingame means doesn't make it any less so. Personally I'm not too bothered! But we both know the internet loves to spoil for a fight over this kind of thing - especially if they find out that these items also work in the pvp game modes such as the seasonal playlists and trials of the nine

This is what could be in the contents;

The possible contents of Bright Engrams include the following:

- Ability cooldown armour mods: "Chance to contain an armour mod that decreases the cooldown of one Arc, Solar, or Void subclass ability." Can affect Super, grenade, or melee abilities.

- Character stats armour mods: "Chance to contain an armour mod that slightly enhances a character stat." Can affect resilience (increases shield HP), mobility (increases movement speed), or recovery (shields regenerate faster).

- Weapon stats armour mods: "Chance to contain an armour mod that slightly enhances the weapon stats of an equipped Primary, Energy, or Power weapon." Can affect handling (equip speed), stability (recoil strength), and reload speed (obvious).

- Elemental weapon mods: "Chance to contain a weapon mod that changes the element of an Energy or Power weapon."

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 5, 2017

Serf
May 5, 2011

If it doesn't spit out actual gear, don't you need to play the actual game to make use of the P2W stuff?

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Ularg posted:

The one leak we all wanted to know: Credit song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efXVbhpskpE

"get all your guns (and a secondary) will be the sleeper hit of the summer" - some bungie exec

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Daric posted:

How do I access the Bone Krew discord?

PM me your email and I'll send you an invite to the slack group

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
It's genius. With the constant shuffle of nerfing weapons only to make another top-tier, Bungie can throw out a "balance patch" whenever they want to force sweaty nerds to buy bright engrams to stay competitive if they don't have the new OP weapon! :tinfoil:

I will shoot aliens and have fun regardless.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
this is about as p2w as the time you could spend like 10 dollars on 9 legendary marks

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah I'm assuming there's a cap on how many mods can be active at one time but they are permanently affixed to gear?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also if you don't stack resilience at all times, much like stacking armor in d1, you're a huge loving nerd

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah I'm assuming there's a cap on how many mods can be active at one time but they are permanently affixed to gear?

for the most part it's 1 mod and you lose it if you replace it

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Are weapon mods one time use?

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

Old Swerdlow posted:

Are weapon mods one time use?

that is probably the smartest question in the past 185 pages...

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Basically mods are consumable 1-time use, you apply them to a weapon or armor and it stays there forever until it's replaced by another mod. This goes for elemental damage type mods, weapon/armor mods, and shaders (which are per item now). Think of them as item enchantments in other RPGs.
If you looked on the beta you probably noticed the mod grid on your gear, that's where they go. You can't remove and reuse the same mod item once it has been applied so you have to choose carefully. If you want to change a mod or shader you have to overwrite it. One slot for mod and another for shader color.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

What a minute.

Europeans and chinese and australians can play the game sooner than US americans?

Where is Trump, we have a casus belli here.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah that's exactly how I figured it would be based on the fact that you can buy the consumables. So this isn't game breaking in terms of absolute power, but it lets you pay to diversify your collection and presumably path to the highest power more quickly.

It's still stupid and bad and I hate it but it's not game ruining.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's still stupid and bad and I hate it but it's not game ruining.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Most of the reviews in progress are saying "I can't decide whether it's a new game or just Destiny 1 with a few add-ons and patches? Only time will tell.". : lol: yeah, no poo poo.

Also, no sparrow till you beat the campaign? :wtc:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

super macho dude posted:

Most of the reviews in progress are saying "I can't decide whether it's a new game or just Destiny 1 with a few add-ons and patches? Only time will tell.". : lol: yeah, no poo poo.

All the reviews I've read have been "It's way better than Destiny 1, holy poo poo I'm triggered by how bad Destiny 1 was."

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Come to the Crucible in 15 hours... if you want a rear end kicking

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Bro I literally work for Microsoft and I don't even know what all that poo poo is

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
It's an Xbox you retard

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
What is this USB splitter deal you have going and why is it necessary

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's so he can use a kb+m, gotta get that .95 k/d somehow

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it's so he can use a kb+m, gotta get that .95 k/d somehow

I went from an average 0.75 KD to an average 1.5 KD post-XIM.

Everyone should XIM.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Microsoft employees don't know what a xim is, this may explain why the xbox is so stingy with peripherals. Has anyone introduced the dev team a keyboard?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
my strawman was disappointingly accurate

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Uses a XIM and kd still starts with a 1:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Lmao, I just realized that Rockstar put the female guardian on the diet can and the black guardian on the fruit punch can.