Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Life comes at you fast

https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/905065002230583298

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

psydude posted:

Have cops always been this incompetent, and we're just starting to realize it now? Or have departments really loosened their standards recently.

It's always been like this, and isn't as bad as it seems (depending on who/where you are). Every incident just gets media attention now.

e: duh, and cameras everywhere.

Dum Cumpster fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Sep 5, 2017

tankfish
May 31, 2013

psydude posted:

Have cops always been this incompetent, and we're just starting to realize it now? Or have departments really loosened their standards recently.

Definitely the former the abilty to have a cameras on law enforcement has really shown how shaky the standards are.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

psydude posted:

So what's to stop someone from refusing the field sobriety test and just giving up their license for a year?

Tyro posted:

Nothing, though depending on the officer's observations, it might not save you from the DUI conviction.

Exactly - it all depends on what the officer observed, and what he can articulate. If you had slurred speech, bloodshot eyes, had trouble finding or fumbling with your license, if he detected the odor of an alcoholic beverage, his observations when you pulled over, how you answer multi part questions, how you exit the vehicle, etc. It all depends on how well the officer documents everything (body cams help) and how well he can articulate that on the witness stand.

I've seen people blow a .04 on the PBT and get given a verbal warning even though they failed the One Leg Stand and Walk and Turn, because the officer didn't detect a significant nystagmus (involuntary movement of the eyes caused by consumption of alcoholic beverages, and some drugs).

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:lol: Eat poo poo, Clarke.

psydude posted:

I'd a little of column A, a little of column B. I feel like it's become super apparent to the general population since the hyper militarization of the police due to the war on drugs and the rising mentality cops have about being at war and the Us VS. Them mentality.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

psydude posted:

Have cops always been this incompetent, and we're just starting to realize it now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM1-DQ2Wo_w

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I love Kelly.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

psydude posted:

Media whipping people up into a hysteria more or less.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Waroduce posted:

I live 2 blocks from Miami Beach and my backyard is the intercoastal. My condo has a boat dock on the back lmao

Guess I'm gunna go to ftl with my parents but not much better

RIP in hurricane piss. It's looking like it might be "category 6" when it gets there

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/905083868688080896
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/905083978612441088

I wonder if Marco Rubio is gonna tweet more scripture

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/905085002873921536

I think that's the problem, Racist Perjury Elf / Keebler Klansman.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

psydude posted:

A lot of it is just social media and lovely video editing. How many videos have we seen in the past couple of years, where the recording starts during a beat-down, only to find out later the "victim" wasn't quite the innocent person described and the police actions were justified? Obviously not all of them, there's been some completely appalling abuses of power mixed in, but not as many as it seems.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
One bad apple spoils the barrel.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
They've always been corrupt and poorly trained. Now we're getting to see the consequences of militarization and a few decades of police telling themselves how hard the world is on them. It's a microcosm of conservative American identity issues.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/905085002873921536

I think that's the problem, Racist Perjury Elf / Keebler Klansman.

Eh, give him credit. That tactic of "do bad thing, say it's a bad thing, and blame the other side for doing it" has worked really, really well. Why not expand it to destabilizing the rule of law itself?

I'm sure Congress just loves president pissbaby pulling the six month pin on another hand grenade and lobbing it in with all the balls they're already juggling. Really curious how much poo poo they'll tolerate from him. A whole loving lot since Trump has their own base by the balls but there's got to be a limit somewhere. Eventually Trump's narcissism is going to cross a line that will directly threaten their jobs, base or not. Just a question of how much damage they tolerate getting there.

Damage like trying to round up 800,000 people and deport them all in a matter of months. ICE is doing some human rights violations level poo poo already, give them open season and presidential support like this and a time limit like that and poo poo suit is going to get loving bad.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

this is my backyard rip me

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Proud Christian Mom posted:

They've always been corrupt and poorly trained. Now we're getting to see the consequences of militarization and a few decades of police telling themselves how hard the world is on them. It's a microcosm of conservative American identity issues.

Being underfunded and poorly paid in a lot of areas certainly doesn't help. But what red blooded american wants to pay for decent public services? Just give them some surplus military equipment and let them figure it out.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Waroduce posted:

Get this man a go-pro.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Dum Cumpster posted:

Being underfunded and poorly paid in a lot of areas certainly doesn't help. But what red blooded american wants to pay for decent public services? Just give them some surplus military equipment and let them figure it out.

One of my favorite things to do on social media is remind locals that their lovely schools, terrible hospitals, and understaffed heroes are exactly what theyve been voting for the past few decades.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Waroduce posted:

Every day I wish I could sell my house in the PNW mountains and buy a place on the intercoastal. Living my dream.

Hurricane and all.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Waroduce posted:

You need to get some internet cameras up. Get yourself some wifi hotpots or something on your cell plan for when power goes out. Set it up with a streaming service and broadcast that poo poo and rake in some cash.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

You need to get some internet cameras up. Get yourself some wifi hotpots or something on your cell plan for when power goes out. Set it up with a streaming service and broadcast that poo poo and rake in some cash.

idk how to do this but i would totally periscope or whatever if u guys wanna see it.

e: i also dont know how to periscope

i can snapchat if u guys wanna add me idk

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Just a reminder that the next election is little more than a year away. Just let me have this one good thought. :unsmith:

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Waroduce posted:

idk how to do this but i would totally periscope or whatever if u guys wanna see it.

Just click "go live" on YouTube

Wonder Free
Jun 19, 2006

Throw some D's..
That was one of the worst flights of my life. That thing is a goddamned monster. We hit 171 kts of flight level wind in the eye wall. Wherever that makes landfall is going to be hurting. Hopefully it doesn't pull a Katrina and skip across Florida and blow up in the gulf again.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
They're projecting 180+ mph winds on landfall

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Waroduce posted:

Walmart still has webcams and gopros in stock, it's only the unimportant things like water they're sold out of. I know there are ways to mirror a video feed to periscope/twitch/YouTube/Facebook all at once but I'm not a gamer anymore so I don't know how. But if idiot 13 year olds can do it I'm sure you can too.

E; Also, this is for setup and then getting the gently caress to Tennessee or somewhere safe

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 5, 2017

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I think you just need a periscope account and you can start live streaming through their app.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
im gunna be so loving butt hurt if we loose power on nfl kick off weekend gently caress

also pray for me etc etc etc

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Waroduce posted:

im gunna be so loving butt hurt if we loose power on nfl kick off weekend gently caress

also pray for me etc etc etc

same but if I miss seeing a nuclear detonation over Pyongyang in glorious full colour 4k resolution.

also don't die please

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
my mother is convinced its not gunna hit us

ive been meaning to put together a survival/hurricane/nuclear war pack so i just got a first aid kit, a fixed bladed survival knife, 2x headlamps, a compass and a battery pack

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Waroduce posted:

my mother is convinced its not gunna hit us

ive been meaning to put together a survival/hurricane/nuclear war pack so i just got a first aid kit, a fixed bladed survival knife, 2x headlamps, a compass and a battery pack

you're missing a few AR15s and truckloads of ammo if you want to become an apocalyptic warlord, shame.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
i wanna buy iodine tablets and some masks and plastic sheets but that's nuclear so i have a few days for that one at least

also im not super into guns ive only ever shot vermin at my buddys ranch/farm/swamp fortress in central florida with like a bullshit .22

i cant find a decent hand cranked/battery powered NOAA radio zzz

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
My boss is voluntarily flying his whole family down to Disney tomorrow. According to him 'we are just going to hang out inside the condo saturday and sunday when the storm hits.' Doesn't seem to understand the gravity of this situation.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

crazyivan45 posted:

My boss is voluntarily flying his whole family down to Disney tomorrow. According to him 'we are just going to hang out inside the condo saturday and sunday when the storm hits.' Doesn't seem to understand the gravity of this situation.

So if he dies do you get his job or what?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
European model doesn't have Irma hitting land until North Carolina, which is humorous to me, so I'll go with that.

Probably gonna be a loving assload of rain though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Waroduce posted:

i cant find a decent hand cranked/battery powered NOAA radio zzz

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007KFLVTM/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2QUV3N92HX2JS&colid=2BO8K6HZ6SJPR

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/905116582518693889

:aaaaa:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

not caring here posted:

European model doesn't have Irma hitting land until North Carolina, which is humorous to me, so I'll go with that.

Probably gonna be a loving assload of rain though.

Doesn't matter which way it goes, its gonna be brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I wanted something for like 20 bucks but I guess I'll do that

• Locked thread