Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I feel like they announced this game today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope the Isaac prequel game gets a Switch port.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Don't know what you're talking about, but it will.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hope the Isaac prequel game gets a Switch port.

Nicalis are already working on the port judging from their Twitter post earlier. The blurred out games are 1001 Spikes, Code of Princess, Knight Terrors, VVVVVV and the 5th one no-one's figured out yet.
https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/904940277445431297

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

njsykora posted:

Nicalis are already working on the port judging from their Twitter post earlier. The blurred out games are 1001 Spikes, Code of Princess, Knight Terrors, VVVVVV and the 5th one no-one's figured out yet.
https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/904940277445431297

Which one haven't they figured out yet? If it's the upper middle one, it looks like Megaman Zero/ZX
- V shaped head crest with blue in the middle
- trailing blond hair on the left

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Want the fifth one this kind of like labyrinth game? Hydra something?

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

dude looks bored as hell

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fun Times! posted:

Don't know what you're talking about, but it will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1t8ETrrVvE

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm dying, Squirtle!
https://twitter.com/AlKapDC/status/905022859231285248

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

Which one haven't they figured out yet? If it's the upper middle one, it looks like Megaman Zero/ZX
- V shaped head crest with blue in the middle
- trailing blond hair on the left

no idea how the first could be Megaman Zero ZX (why would Nicalis be doing that) but the second one is absolutely Code of Princess

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Was Code of Princess good?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

I swear it has been released on a bunch of platforms now. originally 3ds in 2012 and then PC like 4 years later. it's probably a bit dated but best comparison is Guardian Heroes. It's okay, I'd maybe get it if it was like 10 bux because there's no loving way I'd pay like 30 for a 2012 hack and slash

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

wait is rbi actually a good game or are people posting about it ironically, i can't tell at all

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

wait is rbi actually a good game or are people posting about it ironically, i can't tell at all

It, like every other game, is perfect for the switch

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

It's not but baseball games are slim pickings as I recall.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

aren't nicalis ports notoriously bad or something

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

they were bad on the wii u

on the switch they're just expensive

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Phantasium posted:

they were bad on the wii u

on the switch they're just expensive

The physical releases are pretty nice. I got BOI and Cave Story and they both came with really nice manuals.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

gently caress the Dodgers.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kaubocks posted:

historically they're really bad about supporting their releases but they seem to be getting better

the real test is going to be if they actually push out the BoI "card pack" updates that they promised

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

the real test is going to be if they actually push out the BoI "card pack" updates that they promised

I asked Edmund about this one on Twitter and they apparently just started working on it. I think they're waiting to release them all at once.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Phantasium posted:

It's not but baseball games are slim pickings as I recall.

Yeah it's mostly this but also MLB the show is the only other game with real teams/stadiums, which sucks because I don't think games with that level of detail in the controls are very fun, and I don't have a PS4 anyway.

RBIs presentation is lacking in comparison, but I'll take what I can get. I really wish there was a home run derby mode so I could practice getting the timing right.

Also the simple controls really lend themselves to tabletop play with joycons. It's perfect for the Switch.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Is Lego Worlds a good game? Thinking of picking it up on the Switch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

no idea how the first could be Megaman Zero ZX (why would Nicalis be doing that) but the second one is absolutely Code of Princess

I'm just going by the overall shape of the blur, which shares similarities to Zero.
Whatever it is, it's probably anime, given the lack of brown and grey.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

Is Lego Worlds a good game? Thinking of picking it up on the Switch.

I've heard its not that good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, there was a Quick look of the Bone version, I can't imagine the frame rate will be even equal to that.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm not sure framerate is really a priority for me in a lego/creator game.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Pretty good quicklook of the game here, It's kind of a precedurally generated exploration game with building based quests.
You unlock more stuff the more quests you do.

Seems like it ran okay on the PS4 but... the Switch is somewhat underpowered so who knows?

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-lego-worlds/2300-11952/

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm not sure framerate is really a priority for me in a lego/creator game.

What's the point of building cool stuff if you can only view it at slideshow speed?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mister Facetious posted:

What's the point of building cool stuff if you can only view it at slideshow speed?

well, I meant that more like I can take an imperfect frame rate and don't need stuff like 60 fps and stuff.

If it's that bad I can understand the issue.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'm genuinely concerned it won't be able to hold a steady 30.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 5, 2017

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lego Worlds at a constant 60 FPS is still shite. The building is too limited and finicky and other than that there's really not much of a game there. It's novel for a couple of hours to visit the various worlds, but not much more. Kids might get something out of it tho.
Wish they would port Dragon Quest Builders 1 while we wait for the sequel.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'd go with just Minecraft instead. It runs very well even with splitscreen.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I already have Minecraft. I just enjoy Lego games and wouldn't mind a mash up of that nature.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Especially when they could theoretically add a bunch of licensed stuff, like TMNT, Star Wars, etc.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr Cheeto posted:

Nope.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lodin posted:

Lego Worlds [...] The building is too limited and finicky and other than that there's really not much of a game there. It's novel for a couple of hours to visit the various worlds, but not much more. Kids might get something out of it tho.

This is more or less my experience. The copy tool is incredibly janky and difficult to use properly, which killed it for me. Building something really cool and being able to save it and plop it down again wherever is huge for a game like this and necessary for more impressive, elaborate builds. There is also nothing kinetic about the things the player can build. In Minecraft you can get crazy with redstone, water, minecarts, and pistons. There aren't any elements like that in Lego Worlds. You can't build custom cars or mechanisms, only copy and paste existing cars, boats, helicopters, and the like. The most dynamic thing you can do is spawn a bunch of critters and people in your hell fortress.

I really wanted to like Lego Worlds, and it does some cool things, but I don't think it's gonna hold any grown-rear end person's attention for long. Might have made for a nice sandbox when I was younger, though. There is something cool about shooting lions and spiders out of your gun.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 5, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Code of Princess has more in common with the first Senran Kagura game than it does Guardian Heroes.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Mario XCOM still good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Mario XCOM still good

The more I play it the better it is.

• Locked thread