Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
The mouths and jaws in that old Retail art really bug me for some reason. Especially the boss lady holy cow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slackjawed yokel attends local community college

Only registered members can see post attachments!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Have parents ever considered their kids might dread The First Day Of School precisely because they're making such a big deal of it?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BC

Phoebe and her Unicorn

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Baldo

I will admit, this is a much cooler reference than I expected from Baldo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k9TVfnHH8Q

Curtis

Greg apparently doesn't understand the concept of "chewing."

Baby Blues

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens Cyber-skills.

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack
This reminds me of that Hi and Lois strip about how libraries are killing book shops.

FrumpleOrz posted:

Safe Havens Cyber-skills.
So, they hacked into her computer to find out what her password is so they could access her computer?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (July 2-5, 1930)

Peanuts (September 2-5, 1970)

Sally Forth

Funky Weddingbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (March 20-21, 23-24, 1931)

Considering all the bank failures in the next few years, he might've been better off shooting craps.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

I think my favorite thing about Holbrook art is his complete inability to draw eyes that focus properly.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Haifisch posted:

2002 Spiderman

Haifisch posted:

2002 Spiderman

This guy's henchmen must get real sick of cleaning up after this guy every time he introduces himself.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tracksuit

Mother From Another Country

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Haifisch posted:

2002 UNNHH

a gun with no bullets = brick.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

One last catch up for Rhymes with Orange...

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Synthbuttrange posted:

a gun with no bullets = brick.
When you think about it he basically has bricks for hands, so he's Spiderman's most difficult foe yet.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Julet Esqu posted:

Team Evans shows once again that they have their fingers on the pulse of what's happening with young people today!

Luann's dialog definitely sounds like it's coming out of the mouth of an 18-year-old and not something literally my parents said to me after I told them I tried sushi for the first time! (See also: "Ew! Seaweed!")

So this girl, who by all appearances is a young adult, and has a history of "hanging with the wrong crowd", has never in her life tried sushi? Are you serious? Like, if she was a vegetarian/vegan then maybe I'd buy that, but if she was, then she'd mention that to be the reason.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Julet Esqu posted:

Team Evans shows once again that they have their fingers on the pulse of what's happening with young people today!

Luann's dialog definitely sounds like it's coming out of the mouth of an 18-year-old and not something literally my parents said to me after I told them I tried sushi for the first time! (See also: "Ew! Seaweed!")

Maybe it's a personal pet peeve, but it seriously pisses me off when people think "sushi = raw fish". Like, I get that there's a good portion of sushi that uses raw fish (especially the more traditional/expensive ones), but, especially in America, there are a fuckton of sushi dishes you can get that are baked, fried, or contain no raw fish whatsoever.

But then again Luann strikes me as the kind of boring white girl whose biggest foray into ethnic cuisine is Olive Garden, so I guess it's just in character.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (January 18, 1996)

Garfield Classic (January 18, 1986)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

She might as well be crossing off "Personal growth" on that bucket list.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Vargo posted:

Baldo

I will admit, this is a much cooler reference than I expected from Baldo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k9TVfnHH8Q

I read "chicano batman" and immediately thought of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKPypYoFHUE

The band link and music is interesting, though, thanks for it.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

I've read this like 6 times now and I still do not get the "punchline."

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Good Listener posted:

I've read this like 6 times now and I still do not get the "punchline."

She doesn't buy stuff first hand because her money is spent paying off her student debt?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

And again, this strip is identical to a previous phonemom strip.

gently caress you Red Dick or whateverthefuck your name is, you tremendous waste of space.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Not exactly. Those self scans are rather snippy about what the stuff you scan weighs, so you can't just toss extra stuff into the bagging area and unless you "forget" something in your cart you aren't stealing anything (easily).

Also, that previous story arch ended as I feared. A big wet fart. What a boring conclusion to a multi-week and arguably multi-year story arc. (Yes they may pick it up again, but the current conclusion is crappy)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

CommaToes posted:

She doesn't buy stuff first hand because her money is spent paying off her student debt?

Also, this is a thing many older folks say: that millennials are selfishly hurting the economy because they're less likely to buy big-ticket items like houses and cars. (See "avocado toast", for instance.) So, actually, I gotta say good on Holbrook here; despite being a Boomer, he realizes that younger people have economic pressures to deal with instead of Dustining it up.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Zippy

Ripley's

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

CommaToes posted:

Yea I got that, I guess it's just another case of "not really being a joke" that is a constant in his comics. Student loans suck though, I definitely get that part haha

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2002 Spiderman

The Amazing Tyrannus

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob Moods

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise presents "The Scarlet Maiden"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone have a rough idea of the date for the Peanuts strip where Linus is drawing a picture of Lucy and panics when she wants to watch him add the mouth?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Indolent Bastard posted:

Not exactly. Those self scans are rather snippy about what the stuff you scan weighs, so you can't just toss extra stuff into the bagging area and unless you "forget" something in your cart you aren't stealing anything (easily).
I once had one call a cashier because I entered the wrong kind of apples. I couldn't find the type of apple I was buying, and so I picked one with the same price, but it wouldn't let me do it. Since then I've wondered how it did that. Did it scan the barcode on the little sticker on the apple through the plastic bag? Do they just randomly have it alert on people so a staffer can check it? It's possible with this particular store that people from loss prevention were in the back watching the transaction but I sort of doubt they would alert on that.

F Minus

Mark Trail

This guy knows this is not a working saloon, right?

Mary Worth

That restaurant appears to be called "The Lying Snail."

Edit: I checked back and the other restaurant they showed was "The Love Dog" or "The Dog of Love" or something like that. Clever.

The Phantom

Even though it's the Phantom, I'm still surprised they straight up killed a dude.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

A3G isn't loading for me, so no adventures of Bart and Millie today.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 6, 2017

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Reply All

Zits

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Does anyone have a rough idea of the date for the Peanuts strip where Linus is drawing a picture of Lucy and panics when she wants to watch him add the mouth?

No, but I can give you the exact date - May 3, 1964.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Johnny Walker posted:

Even though it's the Phantom, I'm still surprised they straight up killed a dude.
At least you managed to get some surprise out of it.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"Gosh, Daddy, your moobs are so pillowy!"

(waits for the Dysfunctional Family Circus to come back)

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cobweb Heart posted:

No, but I can give you the exact date - May 3, 1964.

Great, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

I love the characters in this comic.

• Locked thread