Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Yeah I think I'm going to do this and then move to a Belly. That will get me up to ~4.4k. Then I'll go from there. Thanks for the input guys!

Also on a lark I looked up the price for currency and these available quantities are something else

Yeah thanks to globalism you can stock up on a lifetime's supply up currency for the cost of a cheap night at the bar. It makes me feel less bad about accidentally scouring the 100c+ amulet I found last night :unsmith:

Not that I would ever personally buy currency for irl cash that shits for chumps

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

My first wander, a pathfinder named CiaphasAltNumberNine (note: is actually #12, I have a problem :negative:) is proving insanely fun for clearing. Boss DPS is a bit poo poo but I sort of expected that with what I'm going into maps with.

I need to upgrade my rings, belt and gloves to basic functionality (life+resist only), to at least get resist capped without wise oak. What should be my first priority to chase after after that? Rings/gloves with flat ele? Different boots? New gems? A Dying Sun?

I'm a little unsure about Vaal Pact, too. Would I regret removing that, most likely? If anyone sees any other obvious errors with my tree I'd appreciate the feedback. (I think I have an open jewel slot or two :saddowns:)

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

zxqv8 posted:

When y'all are getting bored with just clearing content, that's the exact moment you should start designing and trying out ridiculous niche builds that probably won't be very effective but seem cool in concept.

Watch woolfio's stuff on youtube, he figured out how to play for fun and try new poo poo. The game is more than just killing every boss and getting hundreds of exalts and headhunters and skyforths. Sure those make for some neat builds, but they're hardly the end-all for the whole gameplay experience.

This is already what I do. Not always super niche off-the-wall stuff but I try out poo poo that sounds interesting to me. I think woolfio was the dude I saw the Walking Simulator Auto-Herald build from.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Bugsy posted:

Anything I can do to this to get it to sell? I know the slow base is a killer.

I don't look at, or pick up anything besides Imbued's just to eliminate any temptation. For a wander, you simply cannot get by without higher attack speed.

However, KB mines gives no fucks about attack speed. The only problem, is now you're competing with a whole poo poo load of prophecy wands and the like, that are only good for mines. So, it's not unheard of finding triple high tier elemental slow APS wands for cheap.

I'd scrap it.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
what types of rares do you all ID and eyeball before vendoring, in the endgame - lets say t11 maps onwards? I'm comparatively pretty povo (~100c in the bank) so I should be on the lookout for more stuff but the chances of worthwhile finds seem so low :effort:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Awesome! posted:

i think this wander might be my favorite build ive ever done. up there with my howa raider from breach. high speed, shattering whole screens, good single target without swapping weapons or gems, 100% flask uptime...its so much fun. all for the low cost of a dying sun and vinktar (my other gear is still cheap as hell)

i spent awhile last night running ubers for the lightning damage boot enchant. didnt get it with the ~10 saved offerings i had. last map of the night had a trial which led to more enchant disappointment but also one last offering from the chest. that was finally the one :woop:

also i rubbed the enchant skull on my boots really hard that time so i am doing that from now on.

Hmmmm I'm probably approaching being able to kinda afford this, can you link a guide? I'm getting the itch for a new character even though I'm just into yellow maps on my sr rf inquisitor...

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

My first wander, a pathfinder named CiaphasAltNumberNine (note: is actually #12, I have a problem :negative:) is proving insanely fun for clearing. Boss DPS is a bit poo poo but I sort of expected that with what I'm going into maps with.

I need to upgrade my rings, belt and gloves to basic functionality (life+resist only), to at least get resist capped without wise oak. What should be my first priority to chase after after that? Rings/gloves with flat ele? Different boots? New gems? A Dying Sun?

I'm a little unsure about Vaal Pact, too. Would I regret removing that, most likely? If anyone sees any other obvious errors with my tree I'd appreciate the feedback. (I think I have an open jewel slot or two :saddowns:)

Welcome to wanding!

First things first, Life on everything except for possibly Armour slot, and max your resists! You really don't have to go anything over 75%, your flasks will cap you for ele weakness maps but still cap them out.

You're 100% eventually going to need vaal pact, but when you take it is up to you. Thankfully, it costs 1regret or refund.

Here's your upgrade list in terms of cost/performance ratio.

1. Get close to max atziri steps, these should cost nothing or free from guild.
2. Quality Gems. Search poe.trade for the right combination of quality+levels for gems that cost 1-5c. Maybe start at like level 15/15%. Anyway, 20/20 gems will honestly more then double your dps.
3. Belt should be next: you MUST have that juicy life roll and then get one with Increased Elemental Damage with Attacks. You might have to sacrifice some res, but that Coral should easily be replaced.
4. Rings: both must have a pretty decent life roll. One of them should have Increased Elemental Damage with Attacks, while the other a good x-y added lightning damage roll. Actually, the added lightning damage is going to be WAY cheaper, and can be crafted. Since you're using piscator its fine to just have two x-y lightning damage ones for now.
5. Gloves, eventually get some nice gripped or if you dont care about life thunderfurys or maligaros are still fine.

poo poo forgot about flasks... At some point you need a Dying Sun, the sooner the better. They are dropping in price, and will give you the single greatest single target DPS upgrade of any item in the game for a pathfinder. It will also allow you to drop GMP from your qotf. Get this ASAP. Other then that, use a lightning penetration vinktar (these are cheap), until you can afford an attack damage one. Drop atziri's and probably wise oak until super late game once you have the flasks i just mentioned.

also whisper me ingame, dbk and i can explain further and help you out.

edit: Oh poo poo, the open gem slot MUST have "Conqueror's Potency" in it! This jewel allows pathfinders to go above the 50% flask effectiveness threshhold which will eventually add an extra projectile to your dying sun, but its still ridiculously good.

10bux fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 5, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

silvergoose posted:

Hmmmm I'm probably approaching being able to kinda afford this, can you link a guide? I'm getting the itch for a new character even though I'm just into yellow maps on my sr rf inquisitor...
same one someone linked awhile ago https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1764075/page/1

dying sun is surprisingly cheap currently

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Bugsy posted:

Anything I can do to this to get it to sell? I know the slow base is a killer.

The int requirement is more of a killer than the slow base, at least for lifebased builds. It was easier to deal with as CI.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Awesome! posted:

same one someone linked awhile ago https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1764075/page/1

Yeah, this is by far the best wander build currently. Especially because its good at everything, farming, shaper, uber lab etc. The other builds on the forums suffer at one of those while being really good at the others.

Also, I'm going to throw modesty at the window and say that my tree is better. Here it is Click here for Pathfinder/Raider Wander

The dude even admitted it in PMs. Also you should use lycosidae until you can afford super end game gear, or you just wanna go fast for farming or labs or whatever. But lycosidae basically does more deeps then even the best shields, AND saves you money elsewhere by not need those pesky accuracy rolls.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Awesome! posted:

6L qotf...isn't, jesus.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

silvergoose posted:

6L qotf...isn't, jesus.

5l is cheap and good enough to get started

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

10bux posted:

Welcome to wanding!

:words:

Thanks a lot! This gives me a great focus to start working on. I may also blow some respec points moving toward the tree you posted, mine is probably 20r or so off. But I'm only 70, plenty of points to help correct.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

yeah but that sucks
It's good.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

silvergoose posted:

6L qotf...isn't, jesus.

If you're going to buy one, make sure it has good colors! Otherwise you're in a for a world of hurt when you try to re-color it. For BBBBRG (my colors before I sold the chest), vorici average with 3B is just under 4200 chromes.

If you can't afford 5 off color, 4 off is enough to get by. With how hosed up the economy is this league, I think you're better off just buying a 6L unless you believe in your RNG really hard.

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks a lot! This gives me a great focus to start working on. I may also blow some respec points moving toward the tree you posted, mine is probably 20r or so off. But I'm only 70, plenty of points to help correct.

One cool thing about the wander is that every exalt I put in made the build feel better and better, so there's a lot of room to grow. If you don't roll a million other alts you can play this for the rest of the league honestly. KB helps a lot because that's an insane skill.

e: You're also only level 70; the build really started to shine around 80 for me, and only got more insane as I got to 90.

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 5, 2017

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

10bux posted:

Also, I'm going to throw modesty at the window and say that my tree is better. Here it is Click here for Pathfinder/Raider Wander

I can confirm DBK tree is better, I got a pretty decent boost in DPS without sacrificing any life when I made the switch.

Although my wander did rip at 93 this weekend :/

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

interrodactyl posted:

One cool thing about the wander is that every exalt I put in made the build feel better and better, so there's a lot of room to grow. If you don't roll a million other alts you can play this for the rest of the league honestly. KB helps a lot because that's an insane skill.

e: You're also only level 70; the build really started to shine around 80 for me, and only got more insane as I got to 90.

With me it's never worth counting on not rolling an alt, but I gotta say that right now I want nothing more than to KB some more maps and make my barrage as good as I can. That and I'm out of currency to fund more characters so I gotta get my money's worth out of this one at least. Shouldn't take long with a 95% biscos.

KB needs an MTX bad though. All those tiny explosions would look neat with a gore MTX, considering I'm running gore HoI and extra gore weapon effect :v:

(e) Not too sure I'd want to roll a wander as a league starter, though. Good grief leveling was rough for a while, without things like Ondar's Clasp and Wake of Destruction and that storm wand. Lycosidae too for that matter.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

10bux posted:

Yeah, this is by far the best wander build currently. Especially because its good at everything, farming, shaper, uber lab etc. The other builds on the forums suffer at one of those while being really good at the others.

The dude even admitted it in PMs. Also you should use lycosidae until you can afford super end game gear, or you just wanna go fast for farming or labs or whatever. But lycosidae basically does more deeps then even the best shields, AND saves you money elsewhere by not need those pesky accuracy rolls.

Honestly I would skip Lycosidae. My equip is still total poo poo and you can until you do Guardians you don't really feel the need to do more damage. More life, resists and movement speed even from a middling EV shield is overall a better choice imho.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

when i looked a couple days ago lycosidae was 7c and i bought a 750 evasion 100 life shield with some resists for 10c

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I'm using a belly on my wander, partly because i had a 6l with a max life roll sitting around, and partly because I was too lazy to try and sell it to buy a qotf instead. I do need to buy some meetier boots with some nice res rolls so that I can get a 2nd ring that actually helps my damage, but otherwise I think my character is about ready to live it's life steamrolling t16's (the 2nd ring and 20/20 gems are the big goals I have left now as far as gear)

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrDespair/characters/Breaking_Biscos_MrD

I should probably respec more fully to dbk's tree, although it seems like the biggest damage change will be from remembering to actually equip the potency gem on the tree than anything else? Feels like dbk's tree has less damage nodes overall but nothing that makes a big difference, while the phase acrobatics pickup will probably be worthwhile.

I'm also lazy and keep using blue dream for power charges, need to actually move my aura's/golem into my hat and ditch vaal power syphon so that i can weapon swap to build charges during bosses (i've got a lycosadea and that brinerot shield/storm prison ready to go).

Build feels amazing doing red maps now, just needs that next step to make the end game bosses die before my flasks run out really. Any thing else i'm missing?

e. I'm at 91-92% accuracy without lycosadae, but buying a nice rare shield is way further down my list of goals compared to playing the "pimp my rings" game.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Yeah, I got this for 8c I think: .

It only gets expensive if you also want attack speed on there. Some proper rings, belt and Gripped gloves will help a lot more with damage and with the added life and res from the shield they don't have to be that expensive.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Mr. Despair posted:

Build feels amazing doing red maps now, just needs that next step to make the end game bosses die before my flasks run out really. Any thing else i'm missing?

Vaal Breach isn't that expensive anymore and if you are using Esh's Mirror should help melt pretty much all bosses.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
What's a good budget for a wander look like, I hear wands are stupid expensive

e: If I liquidated all my stuff I'd probably get around 1200~1500c for reference

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 6, 2017

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

AnonSpore posted:

e: If I liquidated all my stuff I'd probably get around 1200~1500c for reference

You can build a decent one for 100-200c: Piscator's, 5L QotF, Lycosidae, Atziri's Step, Dying Sun, w/e rares you want with ideally life/res/aspd.

To go beyond that, each piece of gear starts costing a lot, but you'll really feel the upgrades. The realest answer is to stop playing this game and go practice GG.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

With that budget he can also afford a 6l and a +2 barrage Lion Pelt.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

AnonSpore posted:

I bout my wand for 600c from another goon, my +2 barrage hat for 300c (a lions pelt with similar life or res is going to be another 200c at least), and then the skies the limit with rings and stuff. My belly is probably worth 700c or so but I 6ld it and dropped it myself. Paid 30c for the eshs mirror, and probably 10c for my cheap gripped gloves.

Was in a beachhead rotation last night with someone who had a 390ish edps wand that he had mirrored (so 1 mirror +35 ex on top) to give you an idea of what you can spend. It was a pimp rear end wand tho.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Eezee posted:

With that budget he can also afford a 6l and a +2 barrage Lion Pelt.

I misread that as a "budget wander"

Mr. Despair posted:

Was in a beachhead rotation last night with someone who had a 390ish edps wand that he had mirrored (so 1 mirror +35 ex on top) to give you an idea of what you can spend. It was a pimp rear end wand tho.

That was my friend! You can see the wand here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/jerkmcgee/characters?charactername=jerkmclost

He ancient orb'd into a headhunter on the 5th try yesterday, traded that and some chaos for a mirror, and then mirrored the wand. He's running the VPS-focused version to hit 100 though, so his setup is a little different.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

10bux posted:

Both these trees aren't ideal IMO. If you are using Lycosidae the Wand wheel at the top of the tree is less efficient than spending points on some combination of Ranger starting nodes, Forces of Nature, and 3 point Jewel sockets. Looking over the guide, I noticed that my DPS that I play with was significantly lower than the one his guide was showing, so I took a look at the PoB comparison between our builds. Important Differences:

1. He was showing damage with a +2 Barrage Rat's Nest. I wear a Tempest's Binding without Barrage Enchant.
2. He is lvl 100 with 4 more passive points.
3. His Shaper DPS doesn't include Frenzy charges because his only source of Frenzy charges is Blood Rage. I run manual Frenzy so realistically I should compare both builds WITH Frenzy charges since realistically his build should slap on a manual Frenzy gem instead of Blood Rage for Shaper. With Frenzy charges, Blood Rage, and Onslaught active, his build is a 3.266m Shaper DPS.
4. He's using a Legacy Wise Oak and has no forms of curse or bleed immunity while I was checking with curse/bleed flasks.
5. PoB doesn't add in the effects from having a Bestial Rhoa for some reason.

So those things said, I made the following modifications to my build:
- Switched hat for +2 Barrage Rat's Nest
- Added in the stuff I would pick up for the last 4 levels, with an equivalent jewel to my weakest damage jewel right now (7% aspd/7% life/9% damage)
- Added in lvl 21 Wrath with the same Empower setup that guide is using, and lvl 21 Added Lightning, as well as raising my Barrage to lvl 21 to match the guide
- Switched my Curse Immunity flask for a legacy Wise Oak
- Noted that he uses "enemy is intimidated" as a standin for Vinktar shock, which is now 15%. Bestial Rhoa actually just gives straight up Intimidate, so you have to add 10% more damage to the numbers I have.
- Added 15% movement speed to boots and 15% attack speed to gloves to simulate effects of Bestial Rhoa.

With my ideal hat (+2 Barrage Tempest Binding):

Remember, you have to add 10% more damage to both of these for the Bestial Rhoa.

Compare to the guide's default setup:

Note the differences in Total Life especially. With my ideal setup I'd be getting slightly more damage than the guide with over 500 more life.

Comparing to DBK's tree: DBK skips Druidic Rite, Primal Spirit, and 2 Jewel Sockets for the wand wheel. Since 4 points in damage can be efficiently spent on Forces of Nature instead of the Wand wheel, here's a comparison:

2 3-point jewels, Force of Nature, Rat's Nest:

Wand Wheel:

One of the jewels I dropped was a pure damage jewel without life. So I guess technically all my screenshots should realistically have about 200 more life and a bit less DPS. Anyways, I personally don't think you should skip the flask charge nodes and you should take all the jewel sockets to get the most life. Otherwise yeah, not going straight through Duelist area is better and also you should get Vitality Void and Blood Drinker as per both of our trees.

E: Pastebin here https://pastebin.com/Mz9dPHpU

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
I think what's always drawn me to wanders, is that there isn't a "perfect" way to build them. That's because your gear is pretty much guaranteed to be different then the next. Way more so then any other build in my opinion.

Eezee posted:

Rare Evasion > Lyco

So like Eezee said, the move speed and extra life/res is certainly great. The only reason I've stuck with a lyco for so long is because for one I'm a dps slut, and two, because of vaal pact. If you miss a barrage or two and the wrong moment against say Minotaur, it could mean death. It's also nice to completely ignore a stat like accuracy. That said, I am switching to an evasion shield after a long long time. Although I only wanted one that was 1k+ eva, attack speed, 90+ life, accuracy and a res, which can be quite expensive.

As I said before, it's totally up to you how you build it, but I have to say I feel this is incorrect. The main thing you want from those wand nodes is the crit and crit multi. It's been nerfed so hard it just doesn't feel right playing a wander without those nodes. Even with them, I still am dreaming of more crit. Also, even for a lyco user, those 5% attack speed nodes are insanely efficient. Also, you're build sounds totally different. Mine is strictly for QOTF.

You are totally right about the guys POB and his legacy standard gear, but even his DPS is passable.

This is what my deeps look like using a rare lion pelt. My new tempest setup is even more but not finalized just yet. I tried dumping the wand nodes and picked up proj + proj jewel socket and put my best 4 stat jewel in there. Ended up losing 4k dps, but it was better than I anticipated. Also, none of my gems are 21, and my wrath is not empowered.

10bux fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 6, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Bleh buying gems is a pain in the behind. Guess I gotta do it to improve my Barrage though!

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

So what is the catch on ancient orbs? If I use it on a low level unique, will I get a low level unique back? It sounds from the description I read that the properties will be the same insofar as a 4x2 shield will be a 4x2 shield, but I didn't see a clear answer about item level. If it has no effect on the item produced, I'm probably going to reroll this crappy unique saber.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

NofrikinfuN posted:

So what is the catch on ancient orbs? If I use it on a low level unique, will I get a low level unique back? It sounds from the description I read that the properties will be the same insofar as a 4x2 shield will be a 4x2 shield, but I didn't see a clear answer about item level. If it has no effect on the item produced, I'm probably going to reroll this crappy unique saber.

the catch is that they're gambling and the house always wins.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

awesmoe posted:

what types of rares do you all ID and eyeball before vendoring, in the endgame - lets say t11 maps onwards? I'm comparatively pretty povo (~100c in the bank) so I should be on the lookout for more stuff but the chances of worthwhile finds seem so low :effort:

Let me know if you figure this one out. Feels like my income's dried up now that we're out of the initial rush.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

NofrikinfuN posted:

At this point unless you are rich as gently caress hunting for a head hunter, sell those babies. Currently going for 9c.

If you're SSF; flasks, maps, chests, and I guess belts are the most popular.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

10bux posted:

At this point unless you are rich as gently caress hunting for a head hunter, sell those babies. Currently going for 9c.

If you're SSF; flasks, maps, chests, and I guess belts are the most popular.

I am SSF and too stupid to use flasks effectively. :(

I wish I could just exchange it for a regal orb so I can finish my project sword, since that has a better chance of being decent. Buuuuut, if I could turn one of my Ashrends into a Belly of the Beast or Kingsguard or something, I can stand to roll the dice. (Probably get another Ashrend)

Edit: Remembered I wanted Haemophilia for my Bleed Flurry gladiator, rolled and got em. :black101:

NofrikinfuN fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Sep 6, 2017

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

interrodactyl posted:

I misread that as a "budget wander"

That was my friend! You can see the wand here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/jerkmcgee/characters?charactername=jerkmclost

He ancient orb'd into a headhunter on the 5th try yesterday, traded that and some chaos for a mirror, and then mirrored the wand. He's running the VPS-focused version to hit 100 though, so his setup is a little different.

im the guy with a hh and a mirrored wand but a 317 qotf

J
Jun 10, 2001

awesmoe posted:

vOv posted:

Let me know if you figure this one out. Feels like my income's dried up now that we're out of the initial rush.

No matter what your strategy is regarding what you pick up, the most important thing is to just plow through maps as fast as you can. Raw currency drops and jewellers from 6 socket items add up when you're going fast. Alch 10 maps or more at a time, throw them in a stash tab, search for "reflect" or any other mod you don't want to do. Set those maps off to the side and run them on a different character later if you want. Don't waste currency rerolling them - if you're super starved for maps at this point in the league you could just buy them instead of rerolling. Grab the rest of the runnable maps, put em all in your inventory, and go. When you finish a map and leave, when you get to your hideout the first thing you should do is put the next map in the map device and activate it. While the portals are opening up, vendor/stash whatever you picked up and get back in the next map. With a strict item filter you won't have much to vendor or stash so you can do that quickly. Run whatever tier of map you can clear really fast, no matter how low that might be.

There are tons of posts on reddit about "hey I just ran 100 maps here's what I got" and there is always a good chunk of currency there, even without any "big" sellable drops. Case in point, some guy ran 1000 t2 beach maps with bisco's and goldwyrm, look what he got. You can steamroll beach on a poo poo load of builds that can still function with those 2 items. He didn't pick up anything aside from raw currency drops and uniques worth 5c or more.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

J posted:

No matter what your strategy is regarding what you pick up, the most important thing is to just plow through maps as fast as you can. Raw currency drops and jewellers from 6 socket items add up when you're going fast. Alch 10 maps or more at a time, throw them in a stash tab, search for "reflect" or any other mod you don't want to do. Set those maps off to the side and run them on a different character later if you want. Don't waste currency rerolling them - if you're super starved for maps at this point in the league you could just buy them instead of rerolling. Grab the rest of the runnable maps, put em all in your inventory, and go. When you finish a map and leave, when you get to your hideout the first thing you should do is put the next map in the map device and activate it. While the portals are opening up, vendor/stash whatever you picked up and get back in the next map. With a strict item filter you won't have much to vendor or stash so you can do that quickly. Run whatever tier of map you can clear really fast, no matter how low that might be.

There are tons of posts on reddit about "hey I just ran 100 maps here's what I got" and there is always a good chunk of currency there, even without any "big" sellable drops. Case in point, some guy ran 1000 t2 beach maps with bisco's and goldwyrm, look what he got. You can steamroll beach on a poo poo load of builds that can still function with those 2 items. He didn't pick up anything aside from raw currency drops and uniques worth 5c or more.

How strict is your filter, like do you generally have more than one full inventory's worth of stuff (assuming you only carry portal scrolls and maybe a few bits of other random currency into the map)? I'm mostly running high-level stuff because I'm focused more on getting my character to 90, so if I do run low-level stuff for fast clears then I won't wind up getting any XP out of it.

vOv fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 6, 2017

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Going from my Geoffrey's Hymn to Chicken Axe of Molten Death at 55 was amazing; then the first cruel lab darkshrine was the celerity one. I finished that faaaasssst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

vOv posted:

like do you generally have more than one full inventory's worth of stuff
almost never