Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

richyp posted:

So far for my Chaos dudes I've only got Blades of Khorne stuff, and a Slaves to Darkness Lord painted in Khorne colours. I'm working on some Putrid Blightkings and can't decide if I should paint their armour plates up in the same reds match the existing guys or to keep them separate and paint them in the traditional green. Ultimately I'm planning on adding units from different Grand Alliance Chaos factions such as Beastmen, Skaven, Tzeentch etc.. and in hindsight should've painted my Khorne stuff in a neutral scheme with red accents so that each sub-faction can carry it's primary colour as a secondary instead.

Soooo thoughts on whether I should paint the Nurgle armour green, Tzeentch Blue etc... and make them a loose alliance or tie them together with red?

(I know Khorne hates magic and would never let a birdyman join his gang, but besides that, any thoughts or alternative/better ideas?)

You should keep them separate. The basing will tie them all together, but one of my favorite parts of Chaos forces is seeing the clear distinction between each faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

SteelMentor posted:

News from NOVA, AoS is having a major event next year: Malign Portents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP02MihLGgA

Looks like Naggy's up to something.

Also, the fourth Shadespire faction got revealed, Ironjawz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8v7UOmDEkQ

Plus there's a new spooky ghostman:

Apparently all 4 grand alliances are getting a new hero.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
They did a really good job on the ethereal to solid transition on that guy. I really like the paintjob.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Dang that is a pretty neat spoopy ghostman.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Zuul the Cat posted:

You should keep them separate. The basing will tie them all together, but one of my favorite parts of Chaos forces is seeing the clear distinction between each faction.

No suggestions in the modelling thread, so on majority vote you won :)

Should have all 5 done over the weekend as long as this stupid eye infection goes away (must be nurgles rot). Going to base them on snowy bases I think, which is different than the Khorne side but I'll do the base rims the same, and my Order guys on a different colour base rim.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

richyp posted:

Should have all 5 done over the weekend as long as this stupid eye infection goes away (must be nurgles rot). Going to base them on snowy bases I think, which is different than the Khorne side but I'll do the base rims the same, and my Order guys on a different colour base rim.

Holy poo poo those are good skin tones, love the rotten flesh

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Getting more work done. Only 2 to go!

Here's a before picture for the heck of it.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

richyp posted:

nurgle truly is the goonfather

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Percelus posted:

nurgle truly is the goonfather

He has stairs in his garden for sure.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

richyp posted:

Maggoty escalators

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

richyp posted:

:allears:

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Atlas Hugged posted:

Getting more work done. Only 2 to go!

Here's a before picture for the heck of it.

Those look a thousand percent better. Square bases?!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Those are just what I'm using while I paint them. They're actually all going on one huge rectangular base!

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

berzerkmonkey posted:

Hopefully the game releases in October with at least the four factions that have been show so far.

Starter in October, expansions in November.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Thundercloud posted:

Starter in October, expansions in November.

Seems like the core set is gonna be cheap

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Cross-postin some Goons Putrid Blightkings

richyp posted:

Some Nurgle dudes.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
It's very quiet in here :ssh:

Bought a box of OG Chaos Warriors to add to my Sigmar Chaos buds. The spare bits from the various Khorne Bloodbound sprues work really well for creating a Khorne themed unit. (Also found a use from the awesome horned head I swapped on the Chaos Lord model)

I've got some spare Nurgle parts for another 5, and the final 5 I'll either keep relatively neutral and paint them up as Slaaneshi warriors or make them Tzeentch themed and use some bits from the Tzaangor Skyfires I may have also bought today.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

richyp posted:

Bought a box of OG Chaos Warriors to add to my Sigmar Chaos buds. The spare bits from the various Khorne Bloodbound sprues work really well for creating a Khorne themed unit. (Also found a use from the awesome horned head I swapped on the Chaos Lord model)

I've got some spare Nurgle parts for another 5, and the final 5 I'll either keep relatively neutral and paint them up as Slaaneshi warriors or make them Tzeentch themed and use some bits from the Tzaangor Skyfires I may have also bought today.

Lookin' good dude. While I hate the cramped posing on that Chaos Warrior kit, I do admit aestheticly they're great, and super versitile.

I've been out of Sigmar for a bit, but a Path to Glory campaign is starting and I figured I could dust off some old Slaaneshi stuff for it. JFC I've never hated metal models more, my Diazinettes' arms just refuse to stay on, god knows what I'll do when I convert up a Standard Bearer/Musician for 'em.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I think they're compatible with the current plastic ones' arms and claws. At least I'm hoping they are...

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

I just finished painting up more daemons, almost got all of my daemons done now. So waiting for my new book hopefully!

The Plague toads are loving great for 100 points for 3, and although big fatty is 500 points he did some serious work in my last game with his 2d6 puke attacks.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

moths posted:

I think they're compatible with the current plastic ones' arms and claws. At least I'm hoping they are...

They are roughly compatible, I converted a few old ones like that.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I want to see/build some Tzeench Chaos warriors some day...

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I know these aren't technically AoS or whatever, but they are GW and they're finally finished, so cross posting because lizards rule.

Atlas Hugged posted:

Reinforcements!

The last two pictures show my old ones for comparisons.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Alrighty - I am confused.

I chucked my old digital AoS Compendiums and downloaded the new ones, just to find out that not everything is in the the new ones. For instance, in the 2017 O&G Compendium, it's only got four entries. If I look at the substitution list for other units, I'm told to use the AoS equivalent (i.e. "Goblin Wolf Riders > Grot Wolf Riders") but they don't appear in the 2017 Compendium. So what do I use? Do I continue to use the previous Compendium, and substitute 2017 entries as required? Or do I need to locate each and every warscroll online for the unit?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Yeah, it's the worst case scenario with Compendiums.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

JcDent posted:

Yeah, it's the worst case scenario with Compendiums.

Craaaaap. That's dumb. I was trying to access a back-end index for ease of downloading, but GW's got their site properly locked down. :(

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
I have a backup of the old ones if you need a copy?

I made the mistake of overwriting them with the new ones, then remembered that I checked the old ones into a revision control system because I'm a nerdy fucker.

Also it sucks they removed so much stuff from the new ones, but I think some have been relocated to other battle tomes, especially in the case of the Dark Elves.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

richyp posted:

I have a backup of the old ones if you need a copy?

I made the mistake of overwriting them with the new ones, then remembered that I checked the old ones into a revision control system because I'm a nerdy fucker.

Also it sucks they removed so much stuff from the new ones, but I think some have been relocated to other battle tomes, especially in the case of the Dark Elves.

Thanks, but I hadn't emptied the trashcan yet, so I was able to recover. I get that some have been moved to other Battletomes, but it would still be nice to be able to download the PDFs in one central location instead of it being piecemeal.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

berzerkmonkey posted:

Thanks, but I hadn't emptied the trashcan yet, so I was able to recover. I get that some have been moved to other Battletomes, but it would still be nice to be able to download the PDFs in one central location instead of it being piecemeal.

Yeah it's pretty lovely they don't provide a .zip for each sub-faction's PDF's. I've been downloading the PDF's for each unit I've bought and stuck them into an overly OCD folder structure on my laptop and am using those coupled with the GHB to put stuff together. I almost cracked and bought the Grand Alliance Chaos book but then realised I'd probably never actually look at it anyway.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
It boggles the mind they don't just index them on their website, and allow you to search by keywords.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

You'd assume the community site would be the perfect place to put an index of links to all the warscolls. But I guess GW doesn't think so.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I think we're a GHB away from total squatting of the legacy compendiums. Considering how watered down the new ones are...

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
My Chaos Dwarves Test mini. Let me know what you think.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Looks super sweet.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

richyp posted:

Rush job as I think I'm red painted out.

5 Slaves to Darkness Warriors of Chaos with the mark of Khorne, to join the other batches of red and green guys I've got painted up. Probably paint the next 5 as Nurgle with 5 Tzeentch ones last.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

So, I've started up collecting and painting my Flesh Eater Courts in earnest and with the release of the 2017 General's Handbook have finally gotten round to looking at the rules and, um... is it just me or if you're playing by the Pitched Battle rules is it nearly always better to make your Crypt Haunter Courtier the general even if you have an actual Ghoul King in your army, since then you can count your Crypt Horrors as Battlelines and all the Ghoul King command abilities are unit-creator powers that don't mesh well with the restrictions that Pitched Battle puts on summoning anyway.

Seems kinda weird. Am I missing something?

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

So, I've started up collecting and painting my Flesh Eater Courts in earnest and with the release of the 2017 General's Handbook have finally gotten round to looking at the rules and, um... is it just me or if you're playing by the Pitched Battle rules is it nearly always better to make your Crypt Haunter Courtier the general even if you have an actual Ghoul King in your army, since then you can count your Crypt Horrors as Battlelines and all the Ghoul King command abilities are unit-creator powers that don't mesh well with the restrictions that Pitched Battle puts on summoning anyway.

Seems kinda weird. Am I missing something?

You are not wrong, that is 100% true

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Cool. Seems kind of odd considering they obviously added a bunch of new rules for FEC in the 2017 book but didn't seem to notice that there's absolutely no reason to have the battleline/general restriction on Horrors/Flayers as a FEC player basically sacrifices nothing by not making the Ghoul King the general. Ah well.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Cool. Seems kind of odd considering they obviously added a bunch of new rules for FEC in the 2017 book but didn't seem to notice that there's absolutely no reason to have the battleline/general restriction on Horrors/Flayers as a FEC player basically sacrifices nothing by not making the Ghoul King the general. Ah well.

Yeah it pisses one of my friends off to no end, because it doesn't make a lot of sense that the ghoul king doesn't make them battleline since they are supposed to be the generals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Look at it this way:

GW rule writing, lol

• Locked thread