Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shut up and JAM!
Sep 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

hope this game got pickle rick

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bockey.

platero
Sep 11, 2001

spooky, but polite, a-hole

Pillbug
Even though this game keeps getting delayed I wish I'd went with a high tier to get the cyberdwarf body pillow.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'll never get to fire my gay objectivist guns's :negative:

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

platero posted:

Even though this game keeps getting delayed I wish I'd went with a high tier to get the cyberdwarf body pillow.

the game was only delayed once

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

platero posted:

They might still have extras for sale, I got mine like a year after the kickstarter when they were trying to shift the surplus at PAX Prime.
(by making a friend buy it and mail it to me)
(they made him sniff it to confirm it hadn't been "used")

what I'm saying is PM them

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Those are Some very accurate Jordans

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Even Confederate Express might come out before Barkley 2. Get it together, ToGsters :(

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Even Confederate Express might come out before Barkley 2. Get it together, ToGsters :(

All games are going to come out before this one, its basically now just between B2 and Star Citizen

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

IMO ToG should just come out and say they aren't finishing it. They grifted 100k off of people and that should have let them chill together in an office without worrying about work for like 1-2 years.

now its time for us all to get on with our lives and look forward to the next kickstarter

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

agreed. the people defending the game with Silent-Majority-esque dedication need closure

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i really hope my "i want to believe" makes it into the game. making it onto the official tumblr was the highlight of my life as a gamer-american.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
What if I told you that you're playing barkley 2 right now

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

agreed. the people defending the game with Silent-Majority-esque dedication need closure

No, what I need is this game

in 2023.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

have some of you guys not seen frankie's streams or???

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Convex posted:

What if I told you that you're playing barkley 2 right now

Then I'd tell you that we already know, about five other people have said that anyway

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com

nopantsjack posted:

IMO ToG should just come out and say they aren't finishing it. They grifted 100k off of people and that should have let them chill together in an office without worrying about work for like 1-2 years.

now its time for us all to get on with our lives and look forward to the next kickstarter

I get just as tired of the 4chan meme level shitposting in this thread as much as the next guy (thank you idiot who keeps posting Barkley but it's misspelled. Still not funny 10 posts later), but 100K is not anywhere close enough to finance 3-4 full time jobs plus office space rental and overhead. Especially if they're operating out of Bethesda MD, or somewhere near by.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Das_Ubermike posted:

(thank you idiot who keeps posting Barkley but it's misspelled. Still not funny 10 posts later)

Arkley

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Das_Ubermike posted:

I get just as tired of the 4chan meme level shitposting in this thread as much as the next guy (thank you idiot who keeps posting Barkley but it's misspelled. Still not funny 10 posts later), but 100K is not anywhere close enough to finance 3-4 full time jobs plus office space rental and overhead. Especially if they're operating out of Bethesda MD, or somewhere near by.

https://www.oldmanmurray.com

I think ToG moved out of the DC area a few years ago but even then the KS money is since exhausted.

I remember when Barkley 2 was ubiquitous; you could not throw a brick without it landing on Barkley 2.

Today, I throw a brick into the sky. It traces a perfect parabola, arcing across the clouds before descending once again to earth, landing without the gentle cradling of Barkley 2.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Groovelord Neato posted:

have some of you guys not seen frankie's streams or???

Frankie only just finished gun sprites this year - 3-4 years after the game was meant to be out.

his stream proves the game still exists and is being worked on by at least a pixel artist, but beyond that it's actually proof that we're unlikely to see this thing release anytime soon

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

no he's shown the editor when he was testing the gunsbreeding stuff.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

I thought I had seen good username/post combos before. I was mistaken.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Groovelord Neato posted:

i really hope my "i want to believe" makes it into the game. making it onto the official tumblr was the highlight of my life as a gamer-american.
i want to barkleave this thread when I read posts like this

I also want to barklieve.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 3, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
they called it barkley 2 because when you see it you turn 2 degree and then bark

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Is there, I wonder, an angry-to-British ratio that we could measure? It's all anecdotal, but... I see things. Patterns. Ripples in the B-Ball Continuum. I think there's something there.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Khorne posted:

i want to barkleave this thread when I read posts like this

I also want to barklieve.

why does my pride hurt you so.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
My hot take: the 2023 release date announcement was not a joke, although there was some comic value in that everybody would assume they couldn't be serious and they shared a Sensible Chuckle at our expense

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
There's going to be a moment some time in 2022 when they realize there's only a year left and they get that little knot of panic in their stomachs.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

My hot take: the 2023 release date announcement was not a joke, although there was some comic value in that everybody would assume they couldn't be serious and they shared a Sensible Chuckle at our expense

nah it was just a "lol don't expect it any time soon, guys!" its going to get worryingly close pretty soon though i think

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I'm having a hearty chuckle right now about people who are having nervous chuckles in 2022.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
I'd ask for a rough estimate, but these things never go well. I'll still play it when it comes out, and I hope the devs will make Undertale-level bank.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I hope they make PUBG-bank

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

SeXReX posted:

I hope they make PUBG-bank

Not without loot crates.

Barkleygrounds

Blattdorf fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Sep 8, 2017

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Das_Ubermike posted:

(thank you idiot who keeps posting Barkley but it's misspelled. Still not funny 10 posts later)

Barney, Shut Up and Bark

ley.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Blattdorf posted:

Not without loot crates.

Barkleygrounds

Eugenics DLC that makes sure only positive traits get handed down when you breed guns

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Das_Ubermike posted:

Borgley

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Badompo

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Good pixel art never ages therefore the release date doesn't matter :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

A rushed game is bad forever, the Greatest Game Of All Time will never be released

- Ancient Japanese Prophecy