Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

CommieGIR posted:

Well, when the first black president is having his ENTIRE legacy wiped out by the worst White President, I'd be deeply concerned too.

Oh wait, I'd be infuriated.

I'm still butthurt as heck he didn't pass single payer and I'll never forgive the man for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Woof Blitzer posted:

I'm still butthurt as heck he didn't pass single payer and I'll never forgive the man for it.

Like that was gonna pass that legislative session.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

https://twitter.com/andrewdamitio/status/904970957365772289

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Woof Blitzer posted:

Go be mad at Norm Coleman and Lieberman.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

Go be mad at Norm Coleman.

Adding Norm Green to this list...and really anyone named norm. gently caress you guys.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BUG JUG posted:

Adding Norm Green to this list...and really anyone named norm. gently caress you guys.

Leave George Wendt alone motherfucker.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Let's get Genocidal Tendency's expert take before we jump to any conclusions

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Leave George Wendt alone motherfucker.

Is his name Norm? Then gently caress him.

OR does he sensibly go by the name George? He's cool then.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
^Are you retarded or just 20 years old?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Current readings have had gusts of up to 220mph and sustained winds at 185. It's one of if not the strongest Atlantic storm ever recorded.

And Florida may not take an eyewall landing, but parts of it, especially the southern tip, are going to get loving slammed regardless of which way it goes.

By sustained winds, that's a 5-way tie for second place. Top spot is Allen in 1980, at 190 mph.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 5, 2017

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

BUG JUG posted:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
already seeing "pray for florida" stuff spreading on social media, most of it by my friends from/in florida.

yeah, pray the hurricane away you idiots.

e: and i just looked it up and that poo poo isn't supposed to hit florida until saturday if at all.

if god is anytihng like people, he will forget your tuesday prayers by friday.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

It's a god drat tragedy. Went hiking there a few years ago, the entire area is unbelievably gorgeous. Apparently this whole mess was started by some teenagers playing with fireworks. Kid ought to be burned at the stake, pour encourager les autres.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
God gives jobs, boats and touchdowns but he doesn't give a gently caress about weather

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
gently caress, the wildfires are nuts this year. The sky has been darkened by smoke all day here. I woke up this morning thinking my alarm had gone off early. Nope, just millions of dead trees blotting out the sun.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CommieGIR posted:

Like that was gonna pass that legislative session.
I'll give half a pass because of that but the entire dem organization could have at least made some noise about it instead of running away screaming from the ACA and saying a sloppy blowjob to the insurance industry was both too far and the only option.

Locking up some bankers would have been pretty cool too.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
No water or canned tuna/meats at publix

Stocked up on peanut butter crackers and protein vars. No water but publix tea is by one get one gallon so bought six gunna empty em out and fill with water

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Waroduce posted:

Man I should hit my weed guy up too probs

Yes, everybody should stock up on drugs

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

Waaaaay ahead of you.

How long until Irma hits Puerto Rico? Local weather did a poo poo job covering it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Waroduce posted:

Man I should hit my weed guy up too probs

Has anybody seen Shim recently or did he die of pot coma?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The only thing good in Florida is the goon with the taco truck.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

ded posted:

Do not disrespect Monty my dude

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Got mine (one of many different kinds I bought from my buddy):

edit: you smoke it and you turn retarded

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Monty is in Virginia

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

It's a god drat tragedy. Went hiking there a few years ago, the entire area is unbelievably gorgeous. Apparently this whole mess was started by some teenagers playing with fireworks. Kid ought to be burned at the stake, pour encourager les autres.

The trail for which this fire is named passes by one of the most beautiful waterfalls you'd ever hope to see.

I seriously hope that the reports of these kids starting the fire are inaccurate for their sake; otherwise I hope they got locked up for as long as the law allows for juvenile and then spend the rest of their lives working off the fines.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Two Finger posted:

I'm still stunned at how quickly Bush lost the title of worst president in recent memory

Worst, yes. Bush is still more disastrous by virtue of being able to pass horrible poo poo like the patriot act, tax cuts, and forever wars through Congress as well as putting a goddamn horse judge as FEMA director as sinecure.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Got mine (one of many different kinds I bought from my buddy):

edit: you smoke it and you turn retarded

I've been smoking for so long I'm probably permanently retarded.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Worst, yes. Bush is still more disastrous by virtue of being able to pass horrible poo poo like the patriot act, tax cuts, and forever wars through Congress as well as putting a goddamn horse judge as FEMA director as sinecure.

also at least a million deaths can be tangibly attributed to him

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Detective from the Utah Blood Draw scandal has lost his paramedic job.

http://newschannel9.com/news/nation-world/officer-who-arrested-nurse-fired-as-part-time-paramedic

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

On a more mundane note, turns out that the finance minister of NZ wasn't very good at economics.

It's all starting to add up and the fall of the current government and a shift leftward is starting to look reasonably likely.

Just thought you might like to know.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Pesticide20 posted:

Monty is in Virginia

I stand corrected.... but don't disrespect

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

FastestGunAlive posted:

Do not disrespect Monty my dude

Ya we are in Virginia but we appreciate the solidarity

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

suboptimal posted:

I seriously hope that the reports of these kids starting the fire are inaccurate for their sake; otherwise I hope they got locked up for as long as the law allows for juvenile and then spend the rest of their lives working off the fines.
I'm still down with the death penalty. Like, I get that we aren't supposed to hold minors to the same standard of accountability as adults, but if you burn down a priceless natural landmark doing something that is a prime example of "do not do this thing, there are PSAs everywhere telling you not to do this thing" and you are clearly old enough to know better, I feel like the principle of demonstrating denunciation and opprobrium of such incredibly dangerous, costly, anti-social actions overrides that.

Eh, unless they take action against his license, he will probably be able to find another job. I'm pretty sure there are employed Paramedics with prior DUIs out there.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ded posted:

What about Carl Hiaasen?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Jeb Lund

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

already seeing "pray for florida" stuff spreading on social media, most of it by my friends from/in florida.

yeah, pray the hurricane away you idiots.

e: and i just looked it up and that poo poo isn't supposed to hit florida until saturday if at all.

if god is anytihng like people, he will forget your tuesday prayers by friday.

The 24 hour news cycle was hell on the almighty

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:lol: that's Helldump Superstar Boniface

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I meant Jeb Bush sorry!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BUG JUG posted:

gently caress NORM GREEN!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I shot the Sheriff...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/TTrogdon/status...r%3D3128%23pti9

That's the head NOAA Hurricane scientist.

• Locked thread