Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

:same:

Kirk Cousins owner backed out at the last second and wants to add a condition that he gets Cousins back for Dak's week 6 bye.

Gotta love some early season attempts at collusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

So if they could go ahead and relocate that Bucs/Dolphins game that would be great.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Is Jamaal Charles worth rostering at this point? 10 team league 2 RB and a W/R/T flex spot to start - 6 bench slots.

I'm so out of the loop with regards to fantasy so this might be a dumb question

Edit: If he's worthwhile, I'd likely be dropping Corey Coleman or McFadden if the Elliott thing clears up

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
16 weeks in a row for ajayi doesnt seem ideal

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Where did the beersheets go?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

ColdBlooded posted:

Is Jamaal Charles worth rostering at this point? 10 team league 2 RB and a W/R/T flex spot to start - 6 bench slots.

I'm so out of the loop with regards to fantasy so this might be a dumb question

Edit: If he's worthwhile, I'd likely be dropping Corey Coleman or McFadden if the Elliott thing clears up

No and especially no in a 10 team league

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
This is probably hard to answer because things change and it depends on my level of risk acceptance, but should I accept this trade (10-man, non-PPR):

He gets: Zeke (I drafted him round 3, pick 7)
I get: Terrelle Pryor Sr, Darren McFadden

Here's my team (current starters bolded):

QB: Russell Wilson, Rivers
RB: Melvin, Ajayi, Zeke, Gillislee, Tevin Coleman
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, DeVante Parker, Tyrell Williams, Robby Anderson
TE: Kelce, Eifert

Obviously looks like I need to replace Ajayi and Parker now too.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

KingKapalone posted:

This is probably hard to answer because things change and it depends on my level of risk acceptance, but should I accept this trade (10-man, non-PPR):

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, DeVante Parker, Tyrell Williams, Robby Anderson

Lmfao no.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

KingKapalone posted:

You'd practically be trading Zeke straight up for Pryor, and that's a hell no.

McFadden wouldn't start over either Gordon or Ajayi even if Zeke stayed suspended.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

KingKapalone posted:

Aside from this being an abysmal trade for you, I hope you don't really mean 'replace.'

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Son of a bitch. Now I got to drop Chris Hogan to get a QB cause I have only Winston 😤

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Oh right I didn't mean replace forever, just for this week due to the hurricane. And ok thanks, didn't think so since I've already accepted the risk Zeke presents.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Where did the beersheets go?

What do you mean?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What do you mean?

My brain must be melty I didn't see them in the OP. Found them on Reddit though. I promised my BiL I would help him with his draft tonight but forgot about it til right now!

Luckily the sheets prevail.

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

89 posted:

Son of a bitch. Now I got to drop Chris Hogan to get a QB cause I have only Winston 😤

They're trying to move the location of the game rather than out right cancel it so maybe hold off.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/6yc0n9/beersheets_20170905_stay_safe_edition/

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Wow, #1 overall in both leagues I actually manually drafted.

Here's my 3rd and final squad, half-PPR.

I uh, like this team.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

12 teams?

Aside from rostering a second TE, that looks pretty good to me.

I guess it makes sense given Rudolph is questionable, but then you rostered another questionable TE, so maybe not. :shrug:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Wow, #1 overall in both leagues I actually manually drafted.

Here's my 3rd and final squad, half-PPR.

I uh, like this team.

WR1&2 look solid. RB isn't that great outside of RB1 and I probably would have picked up a better RB or WR instead of Brady.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Leperflesh posted:

12 teams?

Aside from rostering a second TE, that looks pretty good to me.

I guess it makes sense given Rudolph is questionable, but then you rostered another questionable TE, so maybe not. :shrug:

10-team, I kind of checked out at the end there.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh.

Ten team leagues always look so stacked, so I can't really judge. I'm too used to what 12+ team rosters should look like.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

10-team, I kind of checked out at the end there.

Yah that's not a very good 10 team draft. What's on the waiver wire?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/905225962903756800

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
It's essentially a 12 teamer in regards to talent off the board with the extra WR spot and 6 benches.

His wire is probably similar to 12 team leagues, which means p bare in terms of RB talent.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 6, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lol glad I didn't take the zekebait

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

lol glad I didn't take the zekebait

I got sniped on him last Wednesday. Figured it was worth the gamble. Ah well, I'll just stick with DeMarco Murray.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Alfalfa posted:

Yah that's not a very good 10 team draft. What's on the waiver wire?

Available RBs:

I think it's a pretty solid team. It's also a work league so it's not uber-competitive.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 6, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Make up your goddamn minds already

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/905227689229000707

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
That feeling when your starting lineup is Aaron Rodgers, David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Isaiah Crowell, Michael Thomas, Doug Baldwin, Travis Kelce and you have no idea if your team is good or not beause it's a loving six team league gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
My team is:

QB: Aaron Rodgers,
RB: David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Isaiah Crowell, Ameer Abdullah, CJ Anderson
WR: Michael Thomas, Doug Baldwin, Kelvin Benjamin, Martavis Bryant, Allen Robinson, Stefon Diggs, DaVante Parker
TE: Kelce
D: Texans

This season is going to be hilarious it's like pure gambling every week

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Jota posted:

That feeling when your starting lineup is Aaron Rodgers, David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Isaiah Crowell, Michael Thomas, Doug Baldwin, Travis Kelce and you have no idea if your team is good or not beause it's a loving six team league gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

I mean you do have the top QB, 2 top 5 RB's, 2 top 10 WR's, and a top 2 TE from last year fantasy.

So i'd say it's still pretty good in a 6 teamer, but still lol6team.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/905229033247518720

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LOL gently caress everything. So of course I get to play against him Week 1.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

gently caress, just uphold the suspension already so I can look smart for drafting McFadden late.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Why won't these people consider the fantasy football implications!!! :argh:

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Just had to make a split decision between Zeke and Lynch as my RB2. Glad I went with Lynch

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Kloaked00 posted:

Just had to make a split decision between Zeke and Lynch as my RB2. Glad I went with Lynch

Eh, i'd probably still have picked Zeke between those 2, just either get McFadden or a servicable RB3 in the meantime. I'm pretty low on Lynch and honestly i think they both have the same odds of missing 6 games this season.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kloaked00 posted:

I would have picked Zeke. For me it was a pick between Gurley and Zeke in the third. I think I made the right choice.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

12 team, 0 PPR, QB/2RB/2WR/TE/Flex, had pick #10

QB: Phillip Rivers (9), Eli Manning (12)
RB: Todd Gurley (1), Marshawn Lynch (3), Ameer Abdullah (5), Doug Martin (8), Jamaal Williams (13)
WR: Jordy Nelson (2), DeAndre Hopkins (4), Tyreek Hill (6), Tyrell Williams (10), Cooper Kupp (14)
TE: Zack Ertz (7)

I think I made off pretty well, but would definitely appreciate an outside opinion or two. Wanted to grab Gordon as my first pick but 8/9 people picked RBs at their first pick, so I wanted to grab the best RB available, which luckily worked out since I somehow got Jordy as my second pick. Starting to regret not getting Zeke in the 3rd round seeing how the rest of the draft went, but there was some weird poo poo going on (see below), so I couldn't really trust a logical draft at all

Other fun notes:
-First QB off the board was Matt Stafford at pick 2.5, before Rogers and Brady
-Greg Olsen went in the 3rd round before Kelce
-First defense taken at pick 5.5
-First kicker taken at 10.3

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

LOL gently caress everything. So of course I get to play against him Week 1.

what's up playing against Zeke buddy.

As soon as there was any sniff of it happening, I knew it was going to happen. FF hates my guts.

• Locked thread