Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Eela6 posted:

I meant music, but it's cool to know that she was Lan Fan in FMA-Brotherhood!

PS, what is everyone's favorite song per character?

For me, it's probably:

Hibiki G-Beat (GX)
Tsubasa Gekkou No Ken (G)
Chris Makiyuu Ichiaval (S1)
Maria Ressou Gungnir (G)
Shirabe Melodious Moonlight (AZX)
Kirika Gokuren Igalima (G)

wrt Nana Mizuki singing this is basically classic her (and the song has been covered endlessly by everyone else and their moms)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZFPVAOrdXQ

I like Symphogear season 1's OP Synchrogazer. It sounds like the kind of project that only the Elements Garden music group and Nana could pull off with how much energy is packed in.

Endorph posted:

She's been in a lot of stuff. She's kind of doing her Tsubasa voice in FMA: Brotherhood, though her character is more supporting than main. Fate in Nanoha was her first big role and a lot of Symphogear is clearly born of Nana Mizuki going 'let's make a show that's kinda like nanoha' but Nanoha was so long ago that her voice is pretty different in that. Plus Fate is like 13 for the first two seasons.

I think the closest matching role Nana Mizuki voices where she's being a sharp sword is as Saya from Blood-C but Blood-C is not an anime for everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

miku's new song from the mobile game

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
That didn't just happen like they're saying it did, right?

Also, next ep is ready.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

hell, same

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

New Episode was extremely entertaining. That said I really hope Cags isn't permanently dead, and I REALLY hope Prelati doesn't follow suit. I feel like the show's handled them well enough as characters, but killing them both off would be...unfortunate.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spiritus Nox posted:

New Episode was extremely entertaining. That said I really hope Cags isn't permanently dead, and I REALLY hope Prelati doesn't follow suit. I feel like the show's handled them well enough as characters, but killing them both off would be...unfortunate.

Yet I don't feel bad. The Alchemist Trio has done a lot of lovely things and murdered a lot of people. I am shocked Adam has not pointed out St Germain's hypocrisy about being mad about sacrificing Prelati or Cagliostro when they have sacrificed tons of other people.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Isn't that the first time the symphogears have straight up killed a human in combat? I doubt it's going to stick.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I feel like if this was permanent we'd know more of the backstory that was being hinted at than we do now.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yet I don't feel bad. The Alchemist Trio has done a lot of lovely things and murdered a lot of people. I am shocked Adam has not pointed out St Germain's hypocrisy about being mad about sacrificing Prelati or Cagliostro when they have sacrificed tons of other people.

Haven't like half of the Symphogears? Chris, Maria, Kirika/Shirabe all sicced Noise on people before joining the team. Plus a literal half of Elfnein. Plus Hibiki was willing to let Fine off easy. The only people who've gotten straight up killed up until now are the Autoscorers, who don't really count since they're all artificial and also boring assholes.

Kylra posted:

I feel like if this was permanent we'd know more of the backstory that was being hinted at than we do now.

I'm still reasonably hopeful that we get Cags rolling in to save Prelati and/or Saint Germain from Adam before this is done.

Speaking of whom, I must say that I'm rather impressed at how literally everything they've shown us about Adam is Literally The Worst.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 5, 2017

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm still reasonably hopeful that we get Cags rolling in to save Prelati and/or Saint Germain from Adam before this is done.

Speaking of whom, I must say that I'm rather impressed at how literally everything they've shown us about Adam is Literally The Worst.
The cliffhanger before season 5.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spiritus Nox posted:

Haven't like half of the Symphogears? Chris, Maria, Kirika/Shirabe all sicced Noise on people before joining the team. Plus a literal half of Elfnein. Plus Hibiki was willing to let Fine off easy. The only people who've gotten straight up killed up until now are the Autoscorers, who don't really count since they're all artificial and also boring assholes.

I don't think Chris, Maria, Kirika and Shirabe actully killed anyone. (Well Maria did but they were soldiers that came to kill her, and she felt guilty about it from what I remember.) Carol is dead for all intents and purposes. Elfnein has her body but the memory and personalty is all Elfnein.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Maria definitely killed some people late in G. Chris is also indirectly responsible for the lives lost by the Noise she released; her activating Solomon's Cane in her backstory led to the attack on the concert, and everything after.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 5, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TFRazorsaw posted:

Maria definitely killed some people late in G.

Thats what I said. She killed soliders that came and attacked her at that meeting. Then felt bad about it later on from what I remember.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Given that Prelati has mainly been the most violent, unhinged member of the alchemist trio, I wouldn't give her much of a life expectancy even if Saint-Germain isn't forced to sacrifice her. Cagliostro came across as significantly more moral and stable, but still fell into the Autoscorer territory of 'too gleefully murderous to live'. I reckon that the only villain with a half-decent chance of coming out the other side of this season alive is Saint-German herself, and even then, it's not a guarantee. I suppose there's a vague chance S-G can make backups of her friends, but, well, Elfnein hasn't brought back the Autoscorers yet.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

They're gonna blow up Adam to resurrect everyone who died/is going to die.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I also learned today that Adam was a real person and historical leader of the Illuminati.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 5, 2017

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

MonsterEnvy posted:

I also learned today that Adam was a real person and historical leader of the Illuminati.

But was he buff??

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I assume the Fedora is real.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

TFRazorsaw posted:

Maria definitely killed some people late in G. Chris is also indirectly responsible for the lives lost by the Noise she released; her activating Solomon's Cane in her backstory led to the attack on the concert, and everything after.

They can't change their past but they can CHANGE THE FUTURE

I loved that so much

Ed: gently caress it I loved this whole episode so much. I like that Symphogear isn't afraid to sing as loud as it can.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 5, 2017

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Eela6 posted:

They can't change their past but they can CHANGE THE FUTURE

I loved that so much

Ed: gently caress it I loved this whole episode so much. I like that Symphogear isn't afraid to sing as loud as it can.

:yeah:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh wow that was mean. I hope Shirabe somehow realizes that's her grandfather. :smith:

I guess we actually are late enough in the season for the alchemists to die, but somehow it doesn't feel that way. Maybe because this is the first season I haven't watched back to back.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Most importantly, there are 5 episodes left this season, and we have no songs from the 5 alchemists other than their chanting at the start yet.

I still think this is going into season 5 with Adam as the main villain.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Haha, this episode was ridiculous

*has flashback of explosion*
"Well, I-"
*extremely similar explosion happens FUCKIN IMMEDIATELY*

I'm really having trouble picking my favorite moment from this one. There was some serious high-quality action in there. Hell, even the Alcanoise were shown doing something rather than just standing around. CHANGE THE FUTURE is great. Everybody standing around dumbfounded while Cagliostro just casually tosses a magic time-out thingie right at their loving feet is great. "It can't be... the Power of Love?!" is great.
Okay, I guess Genjuro owning everyone to teach them the power of teamwork wins.

<sings something about overcoming the past>

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Lynx_Carolnein/status/905211507813863424

xdu is loving going places

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm so glad XDU exists

I'm also glad that people are ripping all the good art and story scenes so I don't have to play a gacha

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

aren't Fine and alchemists supposed to be enemies?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

aren't Fine and alchemists supposed to be enemies?

yeah and kanade is supposed to be dead but shes in xdu

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's a Kanade from another dimension.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

There's also a Hibiki from a universe where Miku was with her at the concert and died and it made Hibiki super mean and edgy and that is the saddest and also best thing

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

"She just showed up and won't stop hanging on me."

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Maybe this Fine and Carol are from a dimension where they're coworkers at the same office or something.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
"killing alchemists was part of the big bad's plan last time, it surely won't happen again" - symphogears, probably

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lessail posted:

"killing alchemists was part of the big bad's plan last time, it surely won't happen again" - symphogears, probably

Actually they're screwing up the plan right now. Adam wants them to stay alive so that he can kill them.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Actually they're screwing up the plan right now. Adam wants them to stay alive so that he can kill them.

Adam wouldn't have left it up to the symphogears then. I take the phone call as a lie to spur germaine into action

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Lessail posted:

sweet robot voice: DATSLIFE

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
the bike survived episode 9, this is the happiest day of my life

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Whoa ep 9 already 2 days later? It's anime chrismas in still kind of summer.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It can always be Chrismas.

https://twitter.com/Ondores_Lies/status/649389292293365760

I knew there was a reason I still have that tab open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Lol. That was actually a typo, but I'll definitely take it.

Also these deaths seem too "cheap" and hurried for the buildup. I hope that's not it for them.

• Locked thread