Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Nice graph

https://twitter.com/Steam_Spy/status/905176383323824132

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Speaking of the micro uzi, is it worse than the other SMGs? It seems like it is worse than the UMP and way worse than the Vector or Thompson just by the numbers.

I did well with it last night, but I'm not sure if it was a fluke. The Vector seems like it would be great once you get an extended magazine.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the ump is the best smg, id take a micro uzi over a vector unless i had all the attachments ready to go

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Speaking of the micro uzi, is it worse than the other SMGs? It seems like it is worse than the UMP and way worse than the Vector or Thompson just by the numbers.

I did well with it last night, but I'm not sure if it was a fluke. The Vector seems like it would be great once you get an extended magazine.

They all kill people

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I think it all depends on you. I personally value it over all other secondaries.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

It works with a stock and a comp, but it's sort of like an intermediate between a pistol and a real SMG. UMP is more versatile, vector is extremely superior with an extended mag. Still, if you get the right attachments, RPM is good and you'll never have to worry about ammo.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

22 Eargesplitten posted:

The key factor here is the rate of fire. The micro uzi spews bullets fast enough to compensate for its weaker damage per bullet compared to the UMP. In very tight quarters it can kill people faster than any other weapon besides shotguns and the Vector. The Vector is deadly because it essentially combines the UMP's damage with the UZI's fire rate.

I personally always take the Vector if I can. It's great as long as you can control your sprays so you don't blow your whole load into a wall instead of a body. Not to mention that SMG attachments are pretty drat common.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I love the micro uzi personally and take it over any other smg

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

nachos posted:

It's really inexcusable considering they want this to be an esport but don't give you a way to efficiently practice

And no dropping at the school doesn't count with all of the lag and loading issues at the start

:lol: give me a loving break

Which part of the graph is the influx of AFK BP farmers?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
The micro uzi is beast but its like exclusively beast up close. If you have a rifle or sniper its a great secondary ive gotten more than s couple dinners off the back of a late circle uzi mag dump. It works really really good in houses and covering corners.

If you plan to shoot cars or more than 50 meters get a ump.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
i drop school maybe 70% of the time (yes im one of those people!!) so i loving love the uzi

ive solo wiped full squads with the uzi so many times that i take it over shotguns now

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Is it just my perception as a notgood player that there's more 9mm than .45 around? I don't really bother myself too much with details like DPS and other items that might make my play better. I never seem to last longer than 2-3 magazines anyways, so it shouldn't make a difference, but I always gravitate towards the 9mm fed SMGs.

Gonna go drop into the school for a couple of matches and see how well I can catch bullets.

edit: does anybody use a controller? I'd much rather plant my rear end on my couch and play this with my 360 controller, but the Steam controller config is a little buggy for my tastes and the game provided controller scheme doesn't seem to ever activate for me.

highme fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 6, 2017

LE
Oct 19, 2002

Black Griffon posted:

Anyone got recommended sensitivity settings for the granular poo poo? I'm happy with my general sens, but I think I can probably gently caress the rest into something more useful.

http://prosettings.net/pubg-pro-settings-gear-list/

This is a good starting point.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Perfect, thanks.

And finally I've found the target DPI for my G502.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

fletcher posted:

:lol: give me a loving break

Which part of the graph is the influx of AFK BP farmers?

I remember when I started seeing invincible afks (bots?) running away faster than you could run months ago at the end of plane rides off into the water, you don't see those anymore. Makes sense why we didn't get the birds eye replay system from the get go

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

highme posted:

edit: does anybody use a controller? I'd much rather plant my rear end on my couch and play this with my 360 controller, but the Steam controller config is a little buggy for my tastes and the game provided controller scheme doesn't seem to ever activate for me.

Using a controller in a PC game where everybody else is using mouse & keyboard is a surefire way to get poo poo on every single round

I think it's coming to consoles eventually so they you can play with other controller whackos

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

^^ The only metric I give any fucks about is whether or not I'm having fun. I'm going to die repeatedly in increasingly worse fashion, that's just how I play. I'm already using K+M over a controller, but I wouldn't mind the chance to not have to.

That last game was great. Jumped into Pochinki to risk more interaction. Ended up 29 after never seeing anybody else, including whoever popped me when I poked my head out.

highme fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 6, 2017

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

highme posted:

Is it just my perception as a notgood player that there's more 9mm than .45 around? I don't really bother myself too much with details like DPS and other items that might make my play better. I never seem to last longer than 2-3 magazines anyways, so it shouldn't make a difference, but I always gravitate towards the 9mm fed SMGs.

Gonna go drop into the school for a couple of matches and see how well I can catch bullets.

Jesus christ dont play pc shooters with a controller

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 6, 2017

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

This might be one of the absolutely worst games to play with a controller. It might be fun when you suck anyway, but the minute you start figuring poo poo out, you'll be completely useless 50% of the time you have to shoot something and that's not fun.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Micro uzi is great and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Damage per bullet is low but the number of bullets per second is very high. It far out DPSes the UMP. I pick up the UMP early game but later on it's pretty much just a weak rifle with common parts, whereas the Micro uzi will do something different from my rifle, i.e. hose down anything at under 20m with nearly unbeatable DPS, almost no recoil, and a good movement profile.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

My new favorite way to play this game is to join squad matches solo and then just try to play spoiler for at least one squad.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lol if you're not playing pc shooters with a wiimote and a dance pad

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

https://streamable.com/lqi5q
I wonder if you can win this way (if you end up close enough to the circle)

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Good soup! posted:

Lol if you're not playing pc shooters with a wiimote and a dance pad

You'd better be streaming this

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

If I've just dropped into somewhere like the school or any place with lots of people in close I'll always prefer an Uzi over an Ump or Vector. The Vector is amazing with extended mag but I dislike the 13 bullet mag without it. Also 9mm is a bit easier to find if you're in a squad game and will chew through bullets.

However once I'm past that first carnage I'd take an Ump over both of them as it's better long range for me and the attachments make it half decent. I would always take 2 AR's over any of them after that point. Only time I have an Ump is when I don't have an AR or I'm in a squad game where 5.56mm/7.62 is incredibly low.

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011
After 320 hours I finally ran in to my first hacker. Playing FPP squads and ran in to another squad that could hit every shot they took. One guy with an AK managed to spray our car without missing a shot from over 200 meters. He also landed 4 shots on me with a AK from 200 before I could even react, just prior to blowing us all up in the car. We all thought it was pretty fishy, so I took a look at their account and they already have multiple VAC bans and bans from other devs.

Their profile:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/darksolstice99

Clip of us getting destroyed:
https://clips.twitch.tv/CredulousNiceCasetteTwitchRPG

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I was playing some squads and it seemed like I was kind of holding the team back by dying before I even got a gun 90% of the time. I generally play solo and get guns just fine. Is there something I need to be doing differently to get a gun when there's more people in the area? Are there particular spots in a given area that are more likely to have a gun? Is it just a crapshoot?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I was playing some squads and it seemed like I was kind of holding the team back by dying before I even got a gun 90% of the time. I generally play solo and get guns just fine. Is there something I need to be doing differently to get a gun when there's more people in the area? Are there particular spots in a given area that are more likely to have a gun? Is it just a crapshoot?

Post a video of yourself looting in a squad game and we can tell you what you did wrong

Squad games you are a bit more limited in where 4 of you can go and get fully looted. You can't drop out in the middle of nowhere with 4 houses and expect to get geared up.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

22 Eargesplitten posted:

It would probably help if there were some sort of map in the OP or something.

There is nothing in there that would indicate hacking. Your car was at 60% health and you didn't weave or anything once you got shot. If he was cheating, he would have shot you guys and not hit the car. Also, what's the point of posting his Steam, not his stats? Are you so childish you need to doxx him or something?

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Sep 6, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
lol yeah the fact that he shot your car and not your heads suggests it's not a hacker.

our squad ran into actual hackers twice this week, and one was when we were on a three man bike - he headshot us all out of the bike in about 2 seconds with a full auto ak from far far away. bike was unharmed. you just kinda shrug and go next game.

i noticed all the aimbot hackers would keep shooting at our heads, full auto, even when we're behind walls. it's going to get even sillier once bullet pen is added.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
well on his steam it says he has multiple VAC bans I guess

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I meant in a particular part of the map (pochinki / yasnaya / whatever), are there particular spots that tend to have better loot?

E: does your accuracy get worse aiming down sights while moving, or do the bullets go where the sights point? I just lost to a guy that I got the drop on. It seemed like I should have been hitting a lot more than I did, but I was moving at the time.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 6, 2017

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

It would probably help if there were some sort of map in the OP or something.

There is nothing in there that would indicate hacking. Your car was at 60% health and you didn't weave or anything once you got shot. If he was cheating, he would have shot you guys and not hit the car. Also, what's the point of posting his Steam, not his stats? Are you so childish you need to doxx him or something?

Hardly a doxx. It was showing he has past vac bans. Pretty relevant to the whole maybe he is cheating thing

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I meant in a particular part of the map (pochinki / yasnaya / whatever), are there particular spots that tend to have better loot?

E: does your accuracy get worse aiming down sights while moving, or do the bullets go where the sights point? I just lost to a guy that I got the drop on. It seemed like I should have been hitting a lot more than I did, but I was moving at the time.

Red houses, followed by orange then yellow, green and blue. White houses and grey aren't even worth your time.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
you should spend you time looting taller houses. more floors more space more spawns. the optimum house is the apartment block. followed by the mega. realistically you should drop north george every single game. Why do you think break wins so much?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
hospital is also a good choice. but never EVER go south george. there is nothing of value there.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

don't tell ANYONE i told you but: sunken city is actually the best place to drop in every single game

BUTTERWORBS
Oct 16, 2002

why do people complain about random teammates in this game. if you queue up for group games when you're by yourself instead of solo, you're bitchmade and deserve what you get

ngreasy
Aug 1, 2007
laksjdfkljle

underage at the vape shop posted:

you should spend you time looting taller houses. more floors more space more spawns. the optimum house is the apartment block. followed by the mega. realistically you should drop north george every single game. Why do you think break wins so much?

this and your following post are dumb. The giant apartments take forever to loot because the spawns are one per room, spaced so far out and there's also 400 doors in each one. South George is incredibly dense in terms of spawns and the group of 6 red houses in rows of 2 are the best kind of house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you go to North Georgopol you are infinitely better serviced by looting the houses than the huge apartments.

• Locked thread