Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

That's right but that's why I specifically compared lucky draws instead of events. For events you'll be sniping things for your favorite dude or That New Busted Thing like the Butts relics in FFV-1 banner. You probably won't pull on it just to fill your RS but if that's a thing you're into then that greatly increases the value of those pulls for you.

Schwartzcough posted:

Nobody would pay full price for a SSB+ banner with everything in it. It's not really fair to compare the 3-pulls to a 50 mythril regular banner.

That's fair. Comparing 3-pull luckies and 25-mythil 11-pulls:

225 mythril for 3-pull luckies, 15 guaranteed, 30 additional chances.
225 mythril for 11-pull luckies, 9 guaranteed, 90 additional chances.

The comparison still isn't that bad, though I believe the expected results are in favour of 25 mythril pulls in this case, unless you're chronically unlucky. What are current chances of pulling a 5*? About 14%?

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I'll also leave this probably very controversial opinion out here: Realm Synergy stat sticks aren't important for experienced players who have a bunch of rosetta'd 6* relics at their disposal. You can't even use RS at all in the hardest content in the game. Obviously extremely good and important before you get to that point.

It's probably not that controversial, though I'd argue that synergy is still good. While it doesn't work in Magicite, there's still enough content where it matters. That said those 6* statsticks also end up having insane stats with synergy, so they're just better overall. I know I retired a bunch of old 5* gear once I started building up a solid library of 6* gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Attestant posted:

That's fair. Comparing 3-pull luckies and 25-mythil 11-pulls:

225 mythril for 3-pull luckies, 15 guaranteed, 30 additional chances.
225 mythril for 11-pull luckies, 9 guaranteed, 90 additional chances.

The comparison still isn't that bad, though I believe the expected results are in favour of 25 mythril pulls in this case, unless you're chronically unlucky. What are current chances of pulling a 5*? About 14%?

It's probably not that controversial, though I'd argue that synergy is still good. While it doesn't work in Magicite, there's still enough content where it matters. That said those 6* statsticks also end up having insane stats with synergy, so they're just better overall. I know I retired a bunch of old 5* gear once I started building up a solid library of 6* gear.

Yeah, in my case I'm planning on pulling for II, III and the combo XV, Type-0 and T one because I have: Leila SSB, Minwu BSB, Maria BSB, Ingus SSB, Arc SSB, CoD SSB and Ace SSB.

One of those things is crazy good and I'm grateful to have, but more stuff would make the Torment CMs way easier.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I've got similar plans for the banners, though this might change in the time between now and the banners. Basically just shoring up realms where I'm lacking in synergy and CM tools. Pulling for I, II, VII, X, XI, XIV, XV probably.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

ZiegeDame posted:

What the hell is going on here? Did they just want to make one of these guys way easier so you'd have a place to start the loop or something?
For what it's worth, Savage Ixion's full stats, including routines.

Savage Ixion: 667,636 HP
1778~1927 ATK / 19197 DEF / 1554~1632 MAG / 27468 RES / 550~650 SPD

- 60% resistant to breaks
- Slightly weak to Earth, absorbs Lightning, resists everything else
- 40% Lightning Boost
- When it enters Defend Form, it will gain a boost in DEF & RES
- When it enters Evade Form, it can dodge physical attacks easier

Phase 1:
- ST PHY
- ST ranged physical + Dispel (NAT)
- AOE Lightning magic (NAT)
- AOE Lightning ranged physical + Dispel (NAT)
- AOE piercing Lightning magic + high% Imperil Lightning (NAT)

Phase 1 (Defend & Evade):

Phase 2 & 3 (Regular, Defend & Evade):
- AOE Lightning ranged physical + Dispel (NAT)
- AOE piercing Lightning magic + high% Imperil Lightning (NAT)

(The 40% elemental boost is standard to all the 4* magicite bosses)
(Extra note: the 60% resistant to breaks is non-standard; all the rest are still 80% resistant)

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hogama posted:

Savage Ixion:
Dispel
Dispel
Dispel
Dispel
Dispel

oh

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

At least it isn't Ultimate Dispel? :ohdear:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
At least Orlandu's LM will give him permanent haste so he can ignore spam dispel bullshit even if nobody else can?

Zurai posted:

Isgebind is fairly tame (for a 4 star magicite, which is like saying a tiger shark is fairly tame) as long as you have either a r2 Affliction Break or an Astra because he loves him some AOE Paralyze spam.

I currently have r0 affliction break. I'll craft it eventually :effort:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Evil Fluffy posted:

At least Orlandu's LM will give him permanent haste so he can ignore spam dispel bullshit even if nobody else can?

I currently have r0 affliction break. I'll craft it eventually :effort:

If I remember it being described correctly, I don't think it's permanent through dispel. It just doesn't have an end timer.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
It's essentially immune to other sources of Haste overriding it (which is nice as you'll probably want a Hastega for the rest of your party), but it'll still get dispelled and removed by slow.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Ugh, already teasing new magicites and I don't have one of the current ones...barf

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

djfooboo posted:

Ugh, already teasing new magicites and I don't have one of the current ones...barf

If it makes you feel better I can only beat one of them and I'm not even close to beating any of the others without fully developed sets of magicite and probably some better gear in future pulls. :(

In other news, Noctis SSB is a ton of fun. Last night I was bored and low on stamina so I jumped into some pubbie raid parties with Noctis and Larsa. All I did was spam Noctis SSB and Larsa's debuff blink and we beat the 160 and 220. The 220 took a couple tries but eventually I got into a party that had just the right balance of healing and dps.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

gently caress yeah! First <1min clear for liquid flame.

once again, Celes Murders Everything, just less murdery without cloud USB.

It was smoother sailing than it looks like...I wasn't in any real danger til the end. Does shellga matter vs LF? Cause I let it lapse and suddenly the savage stuff was hitting harder.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Pander posted:

gently caress yeah! First <1min clear for liquid flame.

once again, Celes Murders Everything, just less murdery without cloud USB.

It was smoother sailing than it looks like...I wasn't in any real danger til the end. Does shellga matter vs LF? Cause I let it lapse and suddenly the savage stuff was hitting harder.

Did you find he did enough black magic to keep Celes from running out of hones? I've been looking for a 5th to help Edge and Sephiroth kill this guy, because Tidus with just OSB isn't gonna cut it. If Celes can cut enough damage it'll be like when I tried two healers except with more damage.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You know what's great?

When you wipe a <5% Liquid Flame farming run because Bismarck showed up, split seconds before Lightning's about to land an OSB, causing the boss to shift into Hand form, not once, but twice during the same run.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Pander posted:

If I'm reading the AI thread on Reddit right, only the counter Firagas from the hand are affected by your RES. All the other fire attacks are either gravity (Blaze and Savage Blaze from the human form) or piercing (Savage Firaga from the Tornado).

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

pichupal posted:

If I'm reading the AI thread on Reddit right, only the counter Firagas from the hand are affected by your RES. All the other fire attacks are either gravity (Blaze and Savage Blaze from the human form) or piercing (Savage Firaga from the Tornado).

And that Fira Counter is single-target, so it can be drawn.

I managed to defang the Flame of that Counter and the Paralysis risk with Basch on Taunting Duties while carrying the proper Resist Accessory for the Status and Lionheart to support the party and Tidus' OSB with his ATK/DEF Buff SB.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

ZiegeDame posted:

Did you find he did enough black magic to keep Celes from running out of hones? I've been looking for a 5th to help Edge and Sephiroth kill this guy, because Tidus with just OSB isn't gonna cut it. If Celes can cut enough damage it'll be like when I tried two healers except with more damage.

The first run I had bad luck and I was using the LMR/LM1 setup instead of LM2/LMR, so I didn't get runic up early enough and by the time I did I was at 0 charges left and he was stingy on the magic. Adding insult to injury, the runic charges gained went right to her shellga (I thought it was supposed to go to the ability with fewest charges remaining? I swear to go it took shellga from 7-8 rather than engulfing twinstrike from 0-1).

I honed engulfing twinstrike up to R3. My Celes is fully dived. I gave her Tidus' Apocalypse. Her RMs are Love's Wake, LM2, and LMR. She does about 6-7k per hit (so ~13k per action) after shout, and I had it up nearly to cap after Rikku got level 2 water imperil on him and did -atk/def CMD2. It recharged about as fast as I was using the charges, and that includes Noctis speeding everything up.

Noctis SSB rules so much. Totally makes up for whiffing on Rikku USB and Cloud USB.

I'd say 60% of my damage in that run came from Celes, so the answer should be "yes". I gave up on Tidus' OSB, and found Rikku providing protectga through bard 4 with R3 sapphire shot and her BSB was better overall than Tidus. Keeping imperils on the whole time and providing ~4k per CMD1 (after about 20k on entry) just felt more useful than lifesiphoning up to a ~27k OSB every four turns or so.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

AstraSage posted:

And that Fira Counter is single-target, so it can be drawn.

I managed to defang the Flame of that Counter and the Paralysis risk with Basch on Taunting Duties while carrying the proper Resist Accessory for the Status and Lionheart to support the party and Tidus' OSB with his ATK/DEF Buff SB.

Huh. That sounds like a good idea. With runic, gravity attacks are neutered, so I can give Celes draw fire and anti-paralysis relic to stop Ray from randomly crippling me by hitting Ramza which leads to hastega lapsing.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
So I finally finished the Nightmare dungeons so I could start on the Magicite dungeons and I'm having some trouble. Aside from just not having a ton of elemental coverage (where's my holy weak magicite dungeon :argh:) I'm assuming that my biggest issue is just treating this like a normal fight and bringing breaks and such instead of a damage race?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Crazy Larry posted:

So I finally finished the Nightmare dungeons so I could start on the Magicite dungeons and I'm having some trouble. Aside from just not having a ton of elemental coverage (where's my holy weak magicite dungeon :argh:) I'm assuming that my biggest issue is just treating this like a normal fight and bringing breaks and such instead of a damage race?

I stopped bringing any breaks since they're reduced in effectiveness 60%. I'm also finding out which ones only have piercing attacks and/or magic, so you don't always need to bring shellga (fenrir, liquid flame if you can deal with counter firas).

You pretty much need good elemental options to fuel the DPS.
Imperils help.
Radiant shield (alphinaud SSB especially, since it's packaged with a +30/30 buff) is a nice supplemental DPS source. I've dived Alph so he can also curada off-heal.
Stack shitloads of +element gear onto your DPS folks.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Crazy Larry posted:

Yeah, don't bring breaks; bring more heals and/or buffs instead. Because of the lack of realm synergy, you often need to stack multiple buffs to do any real damage, even when you're using the right element.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Yeah, take it from the guy with the complete, Legend Dived Lion: if all a character brings is breaks then leave them out of your Magicite attempts. Even if they have a breaking BSB that's the right element you're probably better bringing someone else unless you have no other options.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

:thunk:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Dupe Punisher (xiii)/11

Oh well

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Lucky draw nabbed me a dupe Lightning SSB (but + Lightning armor, at least, even though I have like 4 of those now) and Fujin's OSB, which I didn't even know existed.

Was about to be a little disappointed since I already have a ridiculous pile of wind poo poo and it's a pretty useless stat stick, but then I realized it was magic damage, so now with her and Alphinaud's BSB I've got the start of a decent magic wind team. Maybe I'll be able to tackle Golem at some point.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Lucky Draw was a dissapointment, but I am not in any room to complain after the last two draws I've had.

It's Quistis's BSB. A dupe.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Got Quistis' OSB and Etro Embrace dupe. Cool draw I am thrilled to have THE DOOM TRAIN, plus it's a 6* weapon with a universal boost on it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I got Rinoa's Chain Soul Break. Can't say I was expecting that. Not that it really helps any team comps I have too much, but... it could be useful in multiplayer someday.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hot drat, Fang and Fujin's OSBs. My wind game just got a lot stronger. Also this piece of poo poo:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Fang and Sazh SSB dupes. Eh. I guess a 5*+ gun is nice.

I'm more annoyed I didn't get a single Tactics relic in this long chain of Tactics being included in Lucky Banners, but maybe that's a blessing in disguise for how good the FFTA and Orlandeau banners will be.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Fang OSB, which is new to me. Cool. I already have her BSB and I didn't have a 6* spear.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Went 5/11, 4 are dupes :kiddo:

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

That was a drat good 25 mithril spent. I was chasing that Lightning relic and now my lightning team is insane. Haven't used Hope really since I just had an SSB for him. Now I have an OSB and BSB, so I can now create a fairly good magic holy team to complement my physical holy team.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

pichupal posted:

Fang and Sazh SSB dupes. Eh. I guess a 5*+ gun is nice.

I'm more annoyed I didn't get a single Tactics relic in this long chain of Tactics being included in Lucky Banners, but maybe that's a blessing in disguise for how good the FFTA and Orlandeau banners will be.

Same here! I'm the 5% with terrible Tactics synergy. :v: Shout, never to come home.

Went 1/11, Quistis' Beast Killer. Cerberus is cool but it's kind of a flat pull.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

3/11: Fang BSB2, Delita's SSB(Coral Sword), and Quistis SSB(Mighty Guard)

No dupes, a good haul after spending all my mythril on butz :toot:

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
This is just a dumb phone game but I'm feeling pretty loving good about this Sealion clear! :woop:

Heres my team and loadout, honestly no idea if the ice resist magicite helped or not.

Now to use these daily major ice orbs to... hone something??

Jehuti fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 6, 2017

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

HPanda posted:

That was a drat good 25 mithril spent. I was chasing that Lightning relic and now my lightning team is insane. Haven't used Hope really since I just had an SSB for him. Now I have an OSB and BSB, so I can now create a fairly good magic holy team to complement my physical holy team.
Pretty close to my draw.

I was able to 8* the ninurta since it was my third. OSB was not a dupe though. Happy to make make holy magic viable finally, lacked something anywhere near the level of my 7* Ragnarok.

My mage options for xiii are weird. Two thrown, a bow, a fist, a sword, and my weakest option being a rod (binding rod, one of my oldest relics). The ninurta is now a stronger phys weapon than my 6* pumpkin.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Whoa, not bad. :stare:

Chant for Ramza gives me Shout, his USB and Chant so that's awesome. Fang BSB gives me a wind BSB. The Squall SSB seems kinda junk but it's +stats if I ever get his good stuff.

Definitely worth 25 Mythril!

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Another disappointing pull with Sazh's +ATK SSB and Malak's SSB. Would've been happy with a 1/11 SSB +lightning armor or something, but I can never have nice things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I got Hope's old holy-attack SSB, what's with all the Hope draws tonight? More significantly, I drew Squall's Ultra. I don't know that it's generally worth using over his BSB2, but I took it for a spin against the Wyrm torment and, uh, it's pretty nice on Jump Starts. A whole lot of 9999s popping out of that dragon.

• Locked thread