Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

BarronsArtGallery posted:

Everything that I'm seeing about this movie looks terrible.

Dont worry, itll be perfectly serviceable and fine and well all like it just fine but slowly but surely well all care a lot less about Star War and itll just be a sure, whatever property instead of something iconic until eventually it falls to such lows as to be rebootable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Cross-Section posted:

Why no I'm not making X-Wing sounds with my mouth why do you ask

I've never noticed the curling-up wings on the nuX-Wing before. Ugh.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

The fact that they kept round "inlets" when the wings split them apart annoyed me too.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It looks fine and it's cool how the wings form one solid wing when their s-foils or whatever are closed.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Trevorrow is out.

quote:

"Lucasfilm and Colin Trevorrow have mutually chosen to part ways on Star Wars: Episode IX. Colin has been a wonderful collaborator throughout the development process but we have all come to the conclusion that our visions for the project differ. We wish Colin the best and will be sharing more information about the film soon."

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah drat, and too think, IX would have been at the very least an interesting movie, if not good. Now it'll just be bad, and boring.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Taintrunner posted:

Ah drat, and too think, IX would have been at the very least an interesting movie, if not good. Now it'll just be bad, and boring.

What are you talking about? Trevorrow was never a good idea, just a marketable one. Comparing him to Rian Johnson makes this immediately apparent.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
good.

TheMaestroso posted:

What are you talking about? Trevorrow was never a good idea, just a marketable one. Comparing him to Rian Johnson makes this immediately apparent.

Trevorrow being announced at the height of Jurassic World earning 200 zillion dollars or whatever was 100% a marketing ploy and I'm glad he's gone now.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

this is galactic brain.

btw guys im the new director and guess what. Luke Skywalker is now trans. thank you and may the force be with you!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheMaestroso posted:

The Book of Henry is absolutely bonkers, and that approach would have made it interesting in wrapping up a Star Wars sequel trilogy.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

this is galactic brain.

btw guys im the new director and guess what. Luke Skywalker is now trans. thank you and may the force be with you!

again, more interesting than a generic retread and rehash of familiar elements that Disney Wars has been draining a lot of people on.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What do you think Jurassic World was?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Someone at Disney finally watched The Book of Henry.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Or they fell asleep watching Safety Not Guaranteed

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
C’mon Spielberg

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

C’mon Spielberg

George Lucas

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Disney should replace Colin with Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor. Star Wars on $99 trash cameras getting hosed up by throwing them into space and getting Wookee barf on them would be fantastical.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Barudak posted:

George Lucas

Unironically same .

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

clown shoes posted:

Someone at Disney finally watched The Book of Henry.

Seriously. I've been waiting for this to happen ever since that garbage fire of a movie came out.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Disney became more and more concerned about Trevorrow's vision each time he had a major female character dropped into the sarlacc pit.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
At long last, David Lynch gets to direct the final film of a Star Wars trilogy.

Get ready for the most incredible sound design ever, and a scene where Luke Skywalker's head pops like balloon.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Gonz posted:

At long last, David Lynch gets to direct the final film of a Star Wars trilogy.

Get ready for the most incredible sound design ever, and a scene where Luke Skywalker's head pops like balloon.

Came to post this. Correct this decades long mistake LFL. His calendar just opened up.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

gently caress, you were supposed to fire Colin Trevorrow not these dudes.

Wish granted. But lmao for real.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Ingmar terdman posted:

Came to post this. Correct this decades long mistake LFL. His calendar just opened up.

Like I said in the Greenlighted thread, Laura Dern is already an established character in the SW universe, so he wouldn't even need to cast her. Maybe get Ray Wise, though. That'd be cool.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Gonz posted:

Like I said in the Greenlighted thread, Laura Dern is already an established character in the SW universe, so he wouldn't even need to cast her. Maybe get Ray Wise, though. That'd be cool.

Ray Wise as Boss Nass Jr.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Wish granted. But lmao for real.

Better late than never! Shooting hasn't started yet so this shouldn't be that large of a mess production wise. Especially since they've been loving around with the script for a while.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
If Lynch is directing, Kyle Maclaughlin will play Rei's father; either that or recast him as Luke.

Now if you got Joderowsky to direct, that would be a left field play, though disney would never do that.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
It seems the most likely scenario is to keep on Rainn from episode 8.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It turns out Luke was a tulpa the whole time.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

The MSJ posted:

It turns out Luke was a tulpa the whole time.

How's Ani?

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

clown shoes posted:

It seems the most likely scenario is to keep on Rainn from episode 8.

This was my first guess. If they are happy with him behind the scenes at this moment, I bet he'd be interested. JJ almost didn't take the gig because he didn't wanted to relocate to the UK for a year plus, but Rian might be game. Depends on whether they think they can find someone more profitable than RJ, who at this point is tried and most likely true.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

She's ok, she was just struck by a really charming burglar.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Ingmar terdman posted:

This was my first guess. If they are happy with him behind the scenes at this moment, I bet he'd be interested. JJ almost didn't take the gig because he didn't wanted to relocate to the UK for a year plus, but Rian might be game. Depends on whether they think they can find someone more profitable than RJ, who at this point is tried and most likely true.

If they can persuade Speilberg, they'll jettison whoever they have.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Episode IX, brought to you by Paul W.S. Anderson.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Len Weisman.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Alan Smythe.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
Just let Guillermo Del Toro make Star Wars already. Luke and Rey venturing to some unknown ice world and falling victim to Snoke (who, it turns out is an all knowing eternal death god) and his army of unfathomable monsters sounds wonderful to me.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If not for all the poo poo coming out about him, I'd have been really worried that they'd try to get Whedon.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What poo poo

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

turns out whedon spent 15 years cheating on his wife with significantly younger actresses that he may or may not have been pressuring into loving him by using his power as a director, and when he finally told his wife about it he blamed it on patriarchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retroblique
Oct 16, 2002

Now the wild world is lost, in a desert of smoke and straight lines.
My guess is that Johnson just showed a rough cut of TLJ to Disney and Lucasfilm execs and it was received well enough that they've now decided that it's imperative they continue more along the lines of Johnson's vision than risk diluting/undoing all that with whatever artistic direction Trevorrow was planning to deliver. Not that they necessarily want to bring Johnson back to write/direct IX (although I've got a feeling that's now on the cards), but at least bring someone on board who's closer to his artistic sensibilities, because they're clearly no longer seeing that as a possibility with Trevorrow on board.

• Locked thread