Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Exinos posted:

Ben Lesnick, iceberg.

That's one that even I ain't going to hit. Ever. :nono:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

runsamok posted:

It's certainly shinier!

What the heck did you buy now???

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

That's always been s good pic of my rear end, as drawn as one of those sexy French girls.

Glad I can help Star Citizen realize it's true potential! :sureboat:

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

runsamok posted:

It's certainly shinier!

Oooh is that an astray? I got into Gunpla recently myself.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

The Titanic posted:

What the heck did you buy now???

Just a shiny model kit.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Pilz posted:

Oooh is that an astray? I got into Gunpla recently myself.

It's the MG Justice, but plated & fancy.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Latin Pheonix posted:

You can't just doxx the Titanic like that!

MODS?!?

Oh man I didn't even realize it! Somebody get Derek's lawyer on the phone, stat! This isn't going to be as pretty as that hot butt they posted up, but it'll be memorable! Because they're about to be attacked by dogs. And bit by dogs.

Literal dogs. And I hope Legal brings Kayak with him too because this might take some serious effort.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Mr.Tophat posted:

Not gunna lie, I'd split her in half

I'd suggest we could get a room, but I have this sinking feeling you're not really into big girls, and I'd end up accidentally crushing you worse than a Walmart lawn chair at a Ben Lesnick eat-a-thon.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Here you can see how Ben has his vision problems. He is too fat and the skin above his eyes dangle on them.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Foo Diddley posted:

:rip: again

Won't tip my 40 because he'll be back in a week

he'll be back before then, I'm sure

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

The Titanic posted:

I definitely think they can get away with a "brown coat edition" of something.

Already done - see UEE Environment Coat.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

radd posted:

Already done - see UEE Environment Coat.

Awesome!

Oh! Got the hit up the Aliens franchise too! Get on it, CR! Only your master level story telling can save that dying franchise.

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
For the longest time I've been thinking about getting an ED-209 kit to put together\paint\etc. I just don't have the time for that though. If I were to get into though, I'd build ED-209, Robocain, and probably the dropship\APC from Aliens.

Those models look really awesome though. This guy scratch built his model with a personal machine shop:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/54507-robocain-robocop-2/

StarbloodKiss fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Sep 6, 2017

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

aleksendr posted:

Ex-obese here. I dropped from a BMI of 40 when SC was in kickstarter to 24 before SC was released. Those 10g of glucose in the donut you get in energy right away, If your working hard in the field you should be ok and your body will use it immediately but if your in an office setting or on the couch, you dont need that much energy that quickly. Problem is once its in your system, the only way it can be stored is in fat. You cant "poo poo out" energy unless you have a serious health problem. The same 10g in the apple will be released over time due to its fiber content, the same ammount of energy is there, but your body has to make some chemistry to get it out from the fiber. This take time and allow your body to use more energy without having to store excedent in fat.

Thats why soda and juices with no or minimal fiber content are so bad for you. You get tons of energy so fast you absolutely cant use it all unless your actually running for the next half hour. 200 calories of liquid sugar will result in much more abdominal fat than the same 200 calories from a mix of protein, fats, complex carbs and a little glucose limited by a low to moderate fiber content.

I hear some people say "What about calorie in, calorie out ? I wont gain weight if i eat less calories than what i need for my basic metabolism, even if i eat only junk and raw sugar." And you are right, its a basic scientific fact, cant take out more energy from the system than what you put in.

But, and its a pretty big but, those calories from raw sugar will provoque massive insulin spikes, make your liver want to tear itself appart and make you hungry 90% of your waking time. Good luck not cheating under those condition.

The problem with calories is people thinking they are something tangible, it's just a measurement, and the components and actions needed to reach a calorie vary - which is why simple CICO doesn't always work and your donut/apple example is spot on.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

aleksendr posted:

Ex-obese here. I dropped from a BMI of 40 when SC was in kickstarter to 24 before SC was released.

Still obese here, "before SC was released encompass the totality of time" ya hafta gotta be mo specific.

Good advice otherwise.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

StarbloodKiss posted:

ED-209, the dropship\APC from Aliens.

Give.

I've repeatedly looked into getting into that kinda thing, I just don't have the fine dexterity or the patience for it.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

The Titanic posted:

I'd suggest we could get a room, but I have this sinking feeling you're not really into big girls, and I'd end up accidentally crushing you worse than a Walmart lawn chair at a Ben Lesnick eat-a-thon.

I'm absolutely into big girls

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Mr.Tophat posted:

I'm not sure how to respond so I've had to delete multiple almost posts like Chris Roberts randomly deletes code to make Star Citizen work, because they were just too over the top and as steamy as three real stacks and one fake one, but here you go:

:3:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
g-g-g-g-g-girls? zoinks

*scrambles off like scooby doo*

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I'm not sure how to respond so I've had to delete multiple almost posts like Chris Roberts randomly deletes code to make Star Citizen work, because they were just too over the top and as steamy as three real stacks and one fake one, but here you go:

:3:

Call me (Ishmael)

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Mr.Tophat posted:

I'm absolutely into Victoria's Secrets girls...

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Also The Titanic can only ever be doxx'd once

cuz

you know

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Threads gettin' weird again.

Ya'll stop bein' fuckin weird.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

To be clear I was very much just talking about the user being the actual boat the titanic but gently caress

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Mr.Tophat posted:

Call me (Ishmael)

This could actually be one of the best posts in the thread, btw.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Mr.Tophat posted:

Call me (Ishmael)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mr.Tophat posted:

I thought I was but they keep asking me if I'm in, so maybe I'm not?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Thoatse posted:

Ya his real name is Chilmerg

Chem girl?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
:yikes:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I like big boats and I can not lie
You other sailors can't deny
That when a ship sails in with a full manifest
And a propellor in your face
You get sunk, want to swim up tough
'Cause you notice that hull was stuffed
:sureboat:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Lack of Gravitas posted:

lmao

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

this is the type of hoooman who even when crobits spits on him he will still worship the sperglord

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
I feel for the art director at whatever company picked up this damaged dev. "What do you mean I can't use 200,000 polys on a gun? And what's wrong with stealing ideas from Halo and Google Image Search? But Chris said--"

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Chin posted:

I feel for the art director at whatever company picked up this damaged dev. "What do you mean I can't use 200,000 polys on a gun? And what's wrong with stealing ideas from Halo and Google Image Search? But Chris said--"

Uh, sorry, but what the hell is a "bake the normals?" I mean, I've never heard of that and I'm a pretty huge deal, have you heard of Chris Roberts? :smuggo:

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lack of Gravitas posted:

farking :five:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
stay safe mr wagon, derek, and all of you other floridian/east coasters

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
b
o
o
b
s

i
n

s
p
a
c
e

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

I thought I was but they keep asking me if I'm in, so maybe I'm not?

Thread fascination with whales took a wrong turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Lack of Gravitas posted: