Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

Tone is grest fun with double sonar. Got locks onto an entire wave of reapers and the missiles just kept going and going. Not sure I get how to aim the ultimate. Sometimes it seems to ignore my cursor?

Fire the salvo core into the sky, aim down at target, enjoy top down attack mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/UonHKha.gifv

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Yeah that's basically my life.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
It's like free money on most levels. Two turrets on the plane though with a pilot there to repair will also make short work of them. Bonus points if you have the thunderbolt, since they spawn from forever away you can nuke most them that way too.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Decent watch

Frothy narrates 2v2 LTS finals. Some amazing skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKQao0pXhdo

edit; Legion team-loading Ion's Vortex Shield .... :laffo: :allears:

edit2; Frothy eats his words about Scorch

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Sep 12, 2017

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Y'all moved onto Destiny 2 now or what? SHAMEFUL.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
its not even out on pc for another like 30 something days loving kill me now hahahahaha

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Olympic Mathlete posted:

some teams make it hard to find the motivation for another game.

After wave 1, two of them readied up without even looking at the store.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Queue times on PS4 skyrocketed the moment Destiny 2 was ready to play. Some people might come back but hell, this game took a good hit.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Playing daily on x bone. Very depressing to play FD with randoms though. I stick to normal but even then i find that about half the games I'm in we have to re try at least once

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Guillermus posted:

Queue times on PS4 skyrocketed the moment Destiny 2 was ready to play. Some people might come back but hell, this game took a good hit.

Yes it's pretty sad

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

FD on hard on Eden with pubbies = not a good time. Scorch was mopping up left and right but I have no clue what the gently caress my team was up to...

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Olympic Mathlete posted:

FD on hard on Eden with pubbies = not a good time. Scorch was mopping up left and right but I have no clue what the gently caress my team was up to...

This is all matches for me

I'm like hey cool a scorch I'll try something else and then it turns out the scorch is really bad somehow

And if I'm the only scorch then that means I have a Northstar on my team stomping on every explosive enemy possible

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Peppering the harvester with mines I hope. Pure mlg.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I don't like to think of myself as somebody who is really good at this game but it loving kills me at how easy it as scorch to top the leader board, and then play as a loving tone and out damage some pubbie as scorch.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
The true story is that easy mode is actually the hardest mode there is.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I like scorch he's just not very good for zig-zagging across the map constantly for mortars

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Actually Dead by Daylight atm

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Just had a terrible regular FD on Blackwater. They all played like complete newbies. One guy spent most of the match archering from the leftside buildings from the bridge. The other two ran around doing almost nothing. I was scorching from the bridge. A ronin ran around trying to snipe titans at the harvester from the bridge with a leadwall. I had to handle half the mortar titans (thank god one of them dealt with the other set) and most the mortar spectres. Our harvester survived at about 24% and never died.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

This is the first time I've seen an image that deserves :chloe: and :vince: in quick succession

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Doing more points than the other three combined is not a weird thing (using scorch for me) since most of the time pubbies will do stupid poo poo or go for nuke ejects or just wander around doing nothing.

It's been a week with the drat long queues and only garbage players left on F_D is making my desire to keep playing dissapear.

I'm starting to look for another MP game (not destiny 2) and I loved BF4 on PC (over 1000 hours there), but I want to try something else. I know this is the TF2 thread but anyone recommends me something? Not overwatch if posible.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Guillermus posted:

Doing more points than the other three combined is not a weird thing (using scorch for me) since most of the time pubbies will do stupid poo poo or go for nuke ejects or just wander around doing nothing.

It's been a week with the drat long queues and only garbage players left on F_D is making my desire to keep playing dissapear.

I'm starting to look for another MP game (not destiny 2) and I loved BF4 on PC (over 1000 hours there), but I want to try something else. I know this is the TF2 thread but anyone recommends me something? Not overwatch if posible.

I generally do well with Scorch on maps like Rise and Blackwater, but they just played like rear end. Not even stupid mistakes but stuff that indicates they're not really sure what they're doing.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Guillermus posted:

TLOU, baby.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I forgot to mention FPS. I have TLOU (still need to play the sp part) but I'm not a fan of mp in third person shooters. Will try it for sure since it looks fun.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Guillermus posted:

I forgot to mention FPS. I have TLOU (still need to play the sp part) but I'm not a fan of mp in third person shooters. Will try it for sure since it looks fun.

Oh, it's more of a TPP, Third Person Puncher

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Aight, and anything in first person with guns?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Destiny 2...

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Guillermus posted:

Aight, and anything in first person with guns?

R6 Siege and Quake Champions can both be pretty fun.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

xxEightxx posted:

The true story is that easy mode is actually the hardest mode there is.

It can go from 'ok these guys are new so take it easy on them' to 'WHY ARE YOU IN THE CORNER OF THE MAP SPINNING IN CIRCLES?!' very quickly I've found.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Reserving it as b-day gift. I only started to play Destiny 1 last December but for 30€ I paid for all content, I had a blast. I can see why people got pissed considering the little base content but I'll end biting on Destiny 2 too.

Eyud posted:

R6 Siege and Quake Champions can both be pretty fun.

R6 Siege is a top contender, in fact I was about to buy it but I may get it on PC since there's a big goon playerbase there and that current nasty bug on PS4 that bricks the console (it's been reported) is scaring me until they fix it.

Aaaaand, as soon as I'm typing, EA sale on EU PSN store with BF4 premium for 15€... BF tracker says that it keeps a healthy community like PC. A tempting price no doubt.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Siege is very cool but the barrier to entry is extremely high at this point. I couldn't get into it because I could tell it would be a huge amount of work to get on equal footing with the players who have hundreds of hours and know every detail of every map by heart. I also either somehow ran into the worst vertical slice of its players or the community is garbage, worse than when I played call of duty which should be an easy bar to clear.

If you can overcome the barrier to entry I can tell it's a great game (my brother loves it) but it won't be easy

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I've been looking it for the last month because I don't like to dive blind into a MP FPS just to not like it and stop playing a few weeks after purchasing it. It looks cool but I'm not playing it without goons because in BF3 or BF4 you can still have a lot of fun alone. R6S requires more coordination, you can get TKed by complete jerks and as you said, high entry barrier after two years. That's why I'm looking to get it on PC where you can get an uplay key (competition between GMG, Humble Store and others) for cheap, and the bigger goon playerbase.

When I got TF2 on PS4 I knew it had a good SP and played a bit on PC so I knew what to expect on MP (F_D was just an amazing gift I spent dozens and dozens of hours). I still have fun with it and I'll definately keep it installed until november, and see the queue times since CoDWWII launches and will definately hit it hard like Destiny 2 did.

BF4 on PS4, even after a thousand hours on PC nets me a single player campaign run (with three times the last ending for three good weapons), and random poo poo with a playerbase that it sticks with it no matter what launches at this point.

BF1, while it doesn't appeal to me that much, has a huge population on PS4 (more than PC and xbone combined) wich is impressive and it's on sale, and will get constant sales now that the new CoD is coming out.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Siege is definitely rough starting out but playing with a group that knows what they’re doing helps a lot. There are a bunch of goons who are pretty good, I believe there are both Mumble and Discord (obviously superior) crews that play regularly.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yeah, Siege is one of those games where map knowledge is 98% of being good, and the only way to not take years to get that is to get some experienced players to teach you. I don't play it any more (the poor netcode/hitreg and any-headshot-kills damage model were too infuriating in combination) but when I did, the goon crew was pretty friendly.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Siege is fun. I enjoy it.

Tried out the last upgrade on Ion earlier and God drat if you rack em up the laser goes on forever. It's kind of awesome.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I made this dumb video a while back using Youtube's built in editor because I didn't have access to any video editing tools at the time. Remembered about this when YT's editor was officially shut down yesterday and decided to publish it. ANYWAYS, here's this dumb thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSANDnH4jJc

apologies in advance for wasting your time.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I loled

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Wazzit posted:

I made this dumb video a while back using Youtube's built in editor because I didn't have access to any video editing tools at the time. Remembered about this when YT's editor was officially shut down yesterday and decided to publish it. ANYWAYS, here's this dumb thing:

This poo poo is awesome.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Wazzit posted:

what the actual gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

Better than any youtube video I've ever made.

edit: good job shooting all those guys. They deserved it.