Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Norns posted:

Clearly something they won't address by the time the game actually comes out

It's okay to point out flaws in things and make fun of it. I even said in my post there that I expect things to get fixed, and that doesn't change these errors as being silly/dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

final fantasy xv is the worst game dont buy it on pc whether it has a graphics menu or not, thanks

Yeah why the gently caress do people care about PC XV or mobile ports of XV or any of that, its a garbage terrible FF

Mezzanon posted:

You had a typo while you were spelling final fantasy x

x is so much better than xv, like lmao

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ffxv is p good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wrist Watch posted:

People not being able to warp strike is a problem. The game apparently not running at its advertised resolution is a problem. The game struggling to maintain 30fps is a huge loving problem, especially when it's a controlled environment where it's supposed to be running on a tricked out pc to show off what the game can do. Doubly so when, according to the article, a bunch of textures aren't even in 4k which was the reason for those monstrous requirements to run it in the first place.

Demos don't have to be perfect, but this is what they're putting out there to sell people on their game.

I !ran that's exactly what they did with the console demo too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

15 is still better than 8

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Zaphod42 posted:

LMAO no

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I like Noct and his friends except for Gladio.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
FFXV is cool, and fun, and sometimes its even good! Sometimes it's not, but that's okay, even greatest-game-of-all-time FFVI had that one lovely part where you had to play as Strago or whatever.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah why the gently caress do people care about PC XV or mobile ports of XV or any of that, its a garbage terrible FF

Because this time they'll finally show those stupid console peasants.

Especially the Xboners.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

every final fantasy is the worst final fantasy

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Alder posted:

I like Noct and his friends except for Gladio.

Noct and palls are the best part of XV by a mile but they aren't enough to save it. More time spent on Aranea or Lunafreya would have really helped.

Its more of a Skyrim game than a Final Fantasy. I was more disappointed by XV's story than XIII's and I really loathe XIII.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mezzanon posted:

You had a typo while you were spelling final fantasy x

oh sorry you're right xv is the second worst game

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Final Fantasy has a rich tradition of experimentation and of nerds being okay with change.

One of those two things is a lie.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

xv is fun but very obviously unfinished and i wonder how bad it would be if tabata hadn't gotten a hold of it

the worst ff is very much ffviii though

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Wrist Watch posted:

People not being able to warp strike is a problem. The game apparently not running at its advertised resolution is a problem. The game struggling to maintain 30fps is a huge loving problem, especially when it's a controlled environment where it's supposed to be running on a tricked out pc to show off what the game can do. Doubly so when, according to the article, a bunch of textures aren't even in 4k which was the reason for those monstrous requirements to run it in the first place.

Demos don't have to be perfect, but this is what they're putting out there to sell people on their game.

I agree.

To play devil's Advocate, "Bluh, it's just a demo, they'll fix it, it totally will be released in a fixed state!!!"

Counterpoint:

Every japanese game ever on release. Name me one that didn't need patches by the devs or by a third party to make it good (see also: Dark Souls)

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Lightning Returns actually had a pretty drat good PC port, and IX/X were mostly fine. I think people overstate how bad SE ports are, at least lately.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Both MGS5s, unless you had a Phenom II and that was fixed in under 24 hours anyway. God Eater Resurrection/2, Berseria, uh.. plenty of stuff.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Every japanese game ever on release. Name me one that didn't need patches by the devs or by a third party to make it good (see also: Dark Souls)

Trails of Cold Steel

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Trails of Cold Steel

Indie game, you could argue they give more of a poo poo about their image

kirbysuperstar posted:

Both MGS5s, unless you had a Phenom II and that was fixed in under 24 hours anyway. God Eater Resurrection/2, Berseria, uh.. plenty of stuff.

MGS5 is from Konami, who has experience with releasing PC versions of their games recently. IDK about GER/2 but Tales games have a few PC iterations

FF13/2 was released in a suboptimal state and still is. FF10 is EH but at least it doesn't crash. FF_ games in general aside from like FF11/14 don't have options like something like DX:HR has for computer settings and performance, just offhand.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Falcom aren't indie and neither are XSEED you goal post shifting fool

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Falcom aren't indie and neither are XSEED you goal post shifting fool

XSEED is totally indie, in comparison to the corporate giant that is Square Enix. XSEED is about on the same level as NIS in terms of "indie".

The amount of people who are going to complain that there aren't graphics sliders in FF13 or whatever are completely drowned out by every other mongoloid FF fan who doesn't give a poo poo about those.

The ratio is much lower for other games.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
my favorite indie dev: a localization firm

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

They don't even produce their own games and they're owned by Marvelous.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There are only two types of games: AAA and indie.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The amount of people who are going to complain that there aren't graphics sliders in FF13 or whatever are completely drowned out by every other mongoloid FF fan who doesn't give a poo poo about those.

What exactly is the point, here? Just because a thing is popular means that it has no flaws and shouldn't get fixed and we shouldn't criticize it?

Not everyone cares about every single problem in a game. That doesn't mean problems don't exist.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Terper posted:

There are only two types of games: Bad and Games I like.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Zaphod42 posted:

lol enjoy your wrong dumb idiot opinion.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

oh sorry you're right xv is the second worst game

This however, I am okay with.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Is it wrong to feel some delicious schadenfreud that a console game's PC port is too resource-intensive for many players' computers?
I'm used to hearing "game consoles are literally poo poo in a box and will NEVER match even a low-end PC gaming rig."

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Space Fish posted:

Is it wrong to feel some delicious schadenfreud that a console game's PC port is too resource-intensive for many players' computers?
I'm used to hearing "game consoles are literally poo poo in a box and will NEVER match even a low-end PC gaming rig."

Nah. I just feel FFXV port is probably poorly optimized. It's just laziness.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GreenBuckanneer posted:

XSEED is totally indie, in comparison to the corporate giant that is Square Enix. XSEED is about on the same level as NIS in terms of "indie".

The ratio is much lower for other games.

This is an extremely bad post and you should be severely ashamed of yourself

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The point is:

Will SE release a playable game? Sure.

Will it require a lot of patches to get it right? I'd guarantee it.

Frankly anything less than the settings you find in ff14 and I'll be disappointed.

It's not unreasonable to expect they'll not get it right on the first go, as they are not pc developers. But at the same time complaining about a pre-demo is the best way to help bring attention to the fact they can do better.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Sep 7, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Space Fish posted:

You and me both, buddy.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Complain about everyhing all the time

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Norns posted:

You literally have more posts in this thread complaining about people saying anything remotely negative about the game than you do about the game itself.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I appreciate you taking the time to dissect my posting!

Heads up it's all shity

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Norns posted:

I see you've read our charter!

LAAAAAATE EDIT: That King's Knight game the Chocobros are alway talking about came out last week. It's... its like Gradius or one of those games. Reminds me of Guardian Legend without the Zelda-like overworked and in a fantasy rather than scifi setting. There doesn't seem to be a thread for it. It's a free-to-play game, so YMMV.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 21, 2017

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Didn't see it posted but the bestiary has been in the game for sometime. Interesting tidbits of information.

You can rotate the models of each monster except for Chadarnook, Melusine, and Shiva, probably to prevent players from getting their :fap: on.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Kong's Knight is a real game you can play on your phones, now.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh, they just patched some story stuff about Astrals into chapter 12, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

esperterra posted:

Oh, they just patched some story stuff about Astrals into chapter 12, I guess.

Square is extremely dumb

• Locked thread