Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i played against a brella tonight who stood there with their umbrella open and let me shoot it until it got destroyed and then i shot him to death

so i guess don't be that brella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

I decided to try out a new build to see how good throwing 2 Splat Bombs at once are. Turns out that there's a very good reason why you don't have the ability to throw 2 bombs at once from the get go. It basically just really gives you a massive boost as to what you can do on the battlefield. It's honestly kind of a major game changer since most other players are stuck throwing one of their subs out before having to refill their ink. With good enough aim, you can pretty much trap someone between your bombs, forcing them to die.

Works with all the bomb subs too. You just need 35 points of Ink Saver sub to pull it off. (47 points if you want to throw 2 Auto-Bombs.)

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Every time you see someone whine because they got banned from a game and that it wasn't t their fault; it's always their fault. I have yet come across someone unfairly banned from a game on consoles.

Unless *everyone* is reporting it happening. There have been games that screwed up and banned the entire playerbase.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
When you use a super sea snail to reroll do you keep those chunks that went away as ability chunks? or are they just gone?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Astro7x posted:

When you use a super sea snail to reroll do you keep those chunks that went away as ability chunks? or are they just gone?

You keep the chunks.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think pretty much anything that involves removing/changing an ability from gear has you keep the chunks.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Should be noted that buying a new version of a gear you already have from splatnet will not give you chunks from the old one.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Works with all the bomb subs too. You just need 35 points of Ink Saver sub to pull it off. (47 points if you want to throw 2 Auto-Bombs.)

I was following Inkipedia and that said you only needed 1 main and 5 subs, they were wrong (though pretty close since my current build only needs a half second to throw the 2nd splat bomb)

I just checked the ink saver sub page again and they updated it from 1 main 5 subs to 2 main 5 subs

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Keiya posted:

Unless *everyone* is reporting it happening. There have been games that screwed up and banned the entire playerbase.

That's Battleborn's excuse and they're sticking to it!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Pearl and Marina enjoying an American lunch break.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
Marina wears reading glasses? lol

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Marina lookin' like she's about to knit a sweater.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Wait, Marina wears glasses off-stage?

And I thought she couldn't get any better!

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

heres my latest one before i started yesterdays shift:

i think i only really started playing salmon run regularly after getting to level 30 (had to get dat sweet scope e-litre 4k) but whenever grizzco is open i try to get the highest level i can before they close; my record's 670, hope to get to 1000 one of these days

speaking of dat sweet scope e-litre 4k

lmao the bad guy team mustve been so mad, oh three chargers on the other team ez win... wait what just happened D:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Please do not charger bully.

Unless they post in this thread. Then they have it coming.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahah the matchmaking on that match was pure poo poo

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I'm being judged.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Please do not charger bully.

youd do the same thing in my shoes jonas admit itttt

Escobarbarian posted:

hahah the matchmaking on that match was pure poo poo

id say, i checked everyones ranks after the match and the splattershot pro and i were the only ones who werent on a tier of S+, like geez nintendo

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Smiles posted:

youd do the same thing in my shoes jonas admit itttt

*sighs as he draws his splatterscope*

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I made a S+ sniper rage quit with my N-Zap >:^)

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Fun Times! posted:

Idk if it was the brella or the charger (it was the charger) but salmon run today suuuucked

Indeed, is that a non-ideal charger type or something? I'm newish and I read I could shoot through the drizzler umbrella on a full charge but that didn't seem to be working. I did notice how much I like the range on the splattershot pro, however.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Chargers do not do one hit kills on several boss types, including Drizzlers.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Polish Avenger posted:

Indeed, is that a non-ideal charger type or something? I'm newish and I read I could shoot through the drizzler umbrella on a full charge but that didn't seem to be working. I did notice how much I like the range on the splattershot pro, however.

e-liter takes too long to charge

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
It didn't seem to be doing anything at all, maybe I have to aim higher to hit it when it's under the umbrella.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Blank Construct posted:

I'm being judged.

Did you push them together like that? I think I had a bunch of inklings clumped up in my square too this morning when they're usually spread out

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
They spawned like that after I lost connection for a bit.

Also: Ranked matchmaking bad. People keep running to the enemy spawn and standing there for most of the match, despite being in A+.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 6, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rexroom posted:

Pearl and Marina enjoying an American lunch break.

They made pearl's legs look like French fries in this lol

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Well, she is a small fry

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Polish Avenger posted:

It didn't seem to be doing anything at all, maybe I have to aim higher to hit it when it's under the umbrella.

only the stingray can pierce drizzler armor, the only time its vulnerable to regular weapons is when its fired a missile or flying

a fully charged e-liter can, with one shot, kill steel eels, scrappers and steel heads, knock out most of a drizzlers hp and stun a griller; it's the hardest hitting weapon in the game, but charges slowly, so pick and choose your targets. chargers in general are also top tier when a row of salmonid are approaching you (like those narrow stretches of land during lowtide) because you can pierce and wipe out the entire lot, and if one of your downed buddies are behind them, it will revive them too. theyre not so great with scattered mobs, small fry or stingers but then again that was the splattershot jr's or brella's job

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
A+ now on Tower Control with few issues. I guess I just suck rear end at RM.

e: tell me your RM secrets so that I can attain SSS

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 6, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Blank Construct posted:

A+ now on Tower Control with few issues. I guess I just suck rear end at RM.

1) wipe out enemy team
2) pave the path to the goal for whoever picked up the rainmaker
3) look back to see that rainmaker carrier either stayed in the same spot or moved backwards toward your own goal
4) curse loudly

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Blank Construct posted:

become a poopsocker no-lifer and brute force your luck through sheer amount of hours played

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Lakbay posted:

become a poopsocker no-lifer and brute force your luck through sheer amount of hours played

:yeah:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lakbay posted:

Yeah. Rainmaker is the hardest to solo queue by a country mile so just...pray

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Smiles posted:

chargers in general are also top tier when a row of salmonid are approaching you (like those narrow stretches of land during lowtide) because you can pierce and wipe out the entire lot, and if one of your downed buddies are behind them, it will revive them too. theyre not so great with scattered mobs, small fry or stingers but then again that was the splattershot jr's or brella's job

While you're building that charge, it's almost certain that at least one or two other guys in your Crew are just diving into the same row and murdering everything down with Rollers/Blasters/Shooters.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Well maybe I can attain rear end ranking... :sweatdrop:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Singray in Rainmaker can both ink the side of the goal platform and simultaneously make a death trail for the rainmaker carrier to follow to the goal.

Whether your team capitalizes on that at all.... eeeh

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I've found Rainmaker to be way easier than Tower Control but that's probably just because I'm aggressive and impatient.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bill Barber posted:

I've found Rainmaker to be way easier than Tower Control but that's probably just because I'm aggressive and impatient.

I prefer Tower Control myself, just because you can actually defend yourself while on it. I've had more than a few Rainmaker rounds where half your team will just wander off to the far side of the map doing god-knows-what instead of covering the poor guy holding the Rainmaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Splat zones is the one true mode, Rainmaker has the potential to be the most fun, and at high levels tower control is probably the most balanced.
The difference between those statements is that the rainmaker one is subjective, and if you don't enjoy that mode it can be miserable experience with randos.