Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I wish the game wouldn't drop public events on top of me while I am doing adventures and there is no one else around :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I, ANGRY HORSE GUY, am xboning it up on destiny 2

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Is there still a way to tell who is in a party in the Crucible?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Also, holy poo poo Titan owns so much now. In the intro mission the your super (I forget the name of the subclass) turns you into the Incredible Hulk. Then you lose it but gain another super that turns you into Captain America

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Just a thought, what if a good joke was if someone said, "What if the EULA was like an enemy you had to kill?" (Just trying to post something funny. Just a thought)

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Also why do my warlock's skin tone and lips no longer match, I look like I got vitiligo. Bungle.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
oh snap you get your choice of one of three exotic armours during the missions on Titan

e; I am now literally inside Cayde's pants and holy poo poo are they nice increase hand cannon ready speed and initial accuracy

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Sep 6, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Skeezy posted:

Really cool how they import your old character but it’s not perfect unfortunately. Any idea if there’s anything special for an imported character vs a new one?

Still curious 🤔 just gonna delete mine

I think there's some emblems? So it looks like you can just log in, claim those, then delete. But idk for sure

You cannot even edit your imported character lmao

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Holy poo poo this is so good. The score is phenomenal, the story and big bad are super compelling. Gunplay is Destiny but even more tactile when it comes to feeling chunky and effective. I'm so happy the game turned out like this! :3: My badass Carly Rae Jetpack wannabe has a weird hair anomaly but whatever. I'm okay with it. First time being a Warlock instead of a Titan is pretty interesting. I don't have a total feel for it yet but I'll get there. I'm mostly playing for the LORE and aesthetic anyway. Space wizards!

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Just got a random disconnect and need to restart an adventure. Other than that it's s find game.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Waffle House posted:

Clan #3: Biggest, Dumbest Space Men, is now up. :v:

I'm gonna quickly run out of "BDSM" Backronyms.

Beautiful Damsels Savour Moana

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Big Dames Shooting Mans

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Is possible to have 2 Destiny 2 installed on the same console?

Asking for a friend.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

fyi Devrim is my daddy now so don't bother trying to have him notice you

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Game freakin' rocks!

Like someone said, that first 90 minutes....drat.

I hope the game keeps this stuff up. Freaking takes Destiny 1 and buries it in a hole like it never existed and nobody ever missed it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Also, playing on an old model Xbone on a KS8000 and this game is freakin pretttyyyyy.

Can't wait for my Xbox One X to get here in November, holy ballsssss :allears:

I bet this game is pretttyyy on a PS4 Pro

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Played for four hours, game is extremely good, pvp feels a lot better than the beta

The other competitive mode is way better than Countdown

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How do bounties work now?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Any early birds playing on OG PS4? Does it run ok or is it chugging?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The first bit of post-beta content is extremely bad imho, the path you're supposed to take don't always flow and god drat the part where you're crawling and moving slowly is a slog. Not a big fan of that approach for opening a sequel.

That being said the stuff after is extremely good. I'm still noticing the lack of abilities, super takes for loving ever to charge and melee/nades is just as bad. It's a lot of shooting. So much shooting.

I got lucky and got an exotic engram drop in addition to the one you get to pick from the story mission, and I got the new sun breakers. They are extremely good for PvE, and will turn your solar nade into a boss killer. They also recharge about ~40% of your nade charge on a charged melee slap. That's actually pretty nice.

I'm pleased with the care they showed the PvE mission structure, but I still can't wrap my head around the lengths they went to redo the entire power system for pvp, and I was a pvp first guy before. It seems pretty obvious they realize that bombing the living hell out of everything is fun as gently caress, as they incorporate unlimited supers into your subclass missions. Oh well. Fwiw it feels like some orbs give you a ton of super charge, so at least there's that.

I'd say the cool new mission structure and environment design makes up for the the power weirdness, but juuuusssst enough, it's not a slam dunk. It's fun though, don't get me wrong.

And no combo, I just want the burger and the drink only.

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Sep 6, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Raffles posted:

Any early birds playing on OG PS4? Does it run ok or is it chugging?

I played a few hours on my base ps4, they fixed the frame pacing from the beta and I haven't seen a single drop at all. I'm usually loving fussy about performance but d2 is rock solid on base ps4

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Sep 6, 2017

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Anyone know how the frame rate holds up on a PS4 pro at 4K?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
exotic design is leaps and bounds better than d1's too

I got the demoman grenade launcher from tf2

Xmaspast
Aug 18, 2014

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Anyone know how the frame rate holds up on a PS4 pro at 4K?

I'm curious about this myself. I mean I'm probably gonna run it at 1080p just because I don't care enough about 4k to take any sort of performance hit, but I haven't heard any complaints about it from anything I've seen.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

89 posted:

Also, playing on an old model Xbone on a KS8000 and this game is freakin pretttyyyyy.

Can't wait for my Xbox One X to get here in November, holy ballsssss :allears:

Same, looks great on my 70" Samsung 4k LED

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Xmaspast posted:

I'm curious about this myself. I mean I'm probably gonna run it at 1080p just because I don't care enough about 4k to take any sort of performance hit, but I haven't heard any complaints about it from anything I've seen.

Yeah it runs great at 4K and looks great. I'm loving it. They did a great job and I can't wait to get back to playing.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Character creation is basically the devs saying "Alright boys, great job on everything. Did we forget anything?

No?

WHAT? New character creation?

gently caress it, just copy paste from D1."

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

are there any xbone chums using the discord or should I just sign up to the bone krew slack?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Really sorry if this question has been answered but I'm phonepostin: is it true D2 has quest systems more similar to Guild Wars 2 where you can kind of just chill out and wander around zones with quests and stuff happen around you for adventuring and stuff? Because that sounds cooler than what I had originally thought this was gonna be (Diablo 3-style discrete stages and instanced quests).

Would appreciate any responses, the beta was really cool and I'm super-tempted since Titanfall (and the chill PS4 goon community) got me into console shooting.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Pierson posted:

Really sorry if this question has been answered but I'm phonepostin: is it true D2 has quest systems more similar to Guild Wars 2 where you can kind of just chill out and wander around zones with quests and stuff happen around you for adventuring and stuff? Because that sounds cooler than what I had originally thought this was gonna be (Diablo 3-style discrete stages and instanced quests).

Thats has always been the case. They don't have changed one line of code. In Destiny 1, if you are doing Omnigul assault and you meet a satelite drop event, you can do that event before continuing.

The difference is, that in D2 the zones are bigger and there are more of everything in them, so the odds of crossing a zone without finding some event/special are very low. You will find some special mob, kill it, and loot a chest.

I may be wrong, I have not played D2 yet. I am just using high level guesswork and magic here.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I'm really bummed out that the clan system isn't ingame yet.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
For some reason the 30 fps isn't noticeable to me like it was in the beta but that may just be because I'm just now waking up

Played the first part of the intro and the big bad guy blew himself up??

http://i.imgur.com/ANXyOwM.gifv

Boogiewoogie
Jan 10, 2012

Erm a prerter prerncers! Erm a prerter prerncers!
Applied to the Biggest, Dumbest and Spaciest of Men because holy crap do goons pile in on vidya game clans. PSN is Kamidamaru, got my SA username in my profile for goon validation (and incase I am doing this wrong then I am oh so sorry please don't shut me out).

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Do the tracking emblems do so retroactively, or when you don't have it equipped?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Initial impression, at least PVE wise, is that it's real good. My first hour+ in the EDZ highlights the problems of the first game to an almost comical degree, as in how did I play that empty rear end game for 3 years. The first public area in the EDZ feels like Archon's Forge compared to the Cosmodrome. And actually being rewarded for exploring is lovely.

Some people complaining about abilities still taking too long, I personally didn't feel it but maybe that's because there was so much action going on my stuff recharged faster than it usually would.

Only complaints: Story is more cohesive but it didn't flow as well as it could have, in the beginning anyway. And while not being yanked out of menus is nice, I almost missed the "getting your powers back" cutscene because of it. So if you care about that stuff be careful about jumping into inventory after you kill a boss or something.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Game good, game fun, that's my detailed review.

Hoping they start selling absurdly ostentatious auras, sparrows and ships on eververse so I can assert dominance in pvp with :20bux:

Frame rate feels a bit smoother to me than beta? Ps4pro here.

New scuf arrives tonight :neckbeard: hard mapping scoreboard to the fourth paddle so I can compare my score to Javes at all times.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Having the same Crucible problem I did in the first game. Lack of feedback on the damage I'm taking means I get annoyed over not being able to tell why magnum ping into someone barely dents their shield, while a quick burst in my direction is fatal, etc.

A case of hitting gun and all that but PvP feels like a dice roll.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
So is it possible to have moon wizard alpha make a come back for destiny 2? The wording on the website is kind of weird about how action was required to transfer it, but also it may transfer automatically based on membership or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
Loving this so far, only thing I'm not too happy with is that there doesn't appear to be a quest log any more. Has it been replaced by the Milestone pop up window?