Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Xmaspast posted:

I'm curious about this myself. I mean I'm probably gonna run it at 1080p just because I don't care enough about 4k to take any sort of performance hit, but I haven't heard any complaints about it from anything I've seen.

Can confirm now that I'm home from my nightshift. 4K on PS4 is good and cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I really don't like the changes to the radar. I can understand PvP, but this makes PvE annoying, especially with a lot more vertical spaces we fight through now.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress work today. :/

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Vintersorg posted:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I've seen a lot of grumbling about Hunters. Are they that unfun or bad in PvE right now?

Vintersorg posted:

Reasonerr
Oct 8, 2009

limaCAT posted:

Beautiful Damsels Savour Moana

Request sent

So amazed this actually turned out to be good.
Loving every minute so far!!!

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Since my days off are Tuesday and Wednesday I've been playing since launch and now I'm gonna get some sleep. But first here's some impressions:

Grenade and melee recharge takes forever but I'm not max level with legendaries yet so maybe that's why.

Failsafe is the best and I want to marry her.

The intro mission really needed to give a one line of dialogue reason why I had no armor or weapons cause that seemed silly.

The story so far doesn't make sense with the acting like I'm the only guardian who has their light back. I'm clearly seeing a bunch of others running around loving poo poo up too. I don't get why I don't tell the vanguard triplets about the traveler shard.

Running around the open world is a lot more fun now. Sometimes it can be a bit too busy though. In the EDZ area right by the church it starts you at, there was a non stop drop pod spawn of cabal legionaries right next to a door that kept pumping out fallen. I'm assuming it was a glitch but it was pretty funny.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Just got to the point that allows co-op. Anyone want to do the campaign? Ps4: rememberforget

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
This lady keeps telling to me ignore the bird, I'm not gonna ignore the loving bird. He's rad as hell. New thread title Destiny 2 Console Thread: DO NOT IGNORE THE BIRD

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Since my days off are Tuesday and Wednesday I've been playing since launch and now I'm gonna get some sleep. But first here's some impressions:

Grenade and melee recharge takes forever but I'm not max level with legendaries yet so maybe that's why.

Failsafe is the best and I want to marry her.

The intro mission really needed to give a one line of dialogue reason why I had no armor or weapons cause that seemed silly.

The big villian kicked you off the ship and you fell for 2 days and all your stuff broke. Seemed easy to understand.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Cayde and how his flaming pistol keeps fizzing out. Your gear was at the middle point between unobstructed light and the sex harness put on the Traveler.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Waffle House posted:

Clan #3: Biggest, Dumbest Space Men, is now up. :v:

I'm gonna quickly run out of "BDSM" Backronyms.

Ante up. Let's see if PS4 clans can fill up three clans!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Who the gently caress designed the map that has one team spawn in a trench and the other team spawn above the trench and had that be a Supremacy map. The team in the trench never even changes.

Javelin-4's good though.

e: Requested invite to BDSM!

e: What determines melee damage now? I'm doing half an enemy's shields a punch, but enemy punches are doing over my shields in damage with an unpowered hit.

oh son of a bitch level advantages ENABLED, not DISABLED

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Sep 6, 2017

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I got lucky and got an exotic engram drop in addition to the one you get to pick from the story mission, and I got the new sun breakers.

Same. I got an exotic engram after a crucible match and got The Prospector(?) grenade launcher. For the freebie gear I went with the Arcstrider chest piece, which I guess is the updated Tarantella... I wasn't too impressed with the Hunter exotic armor from the info dump leak, but at least I can use this chest for pvp.

Should we be holding on to exotic engrams until we're nicely leveled? I feel like exotics are pointless right now.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

So anyone get a sparrow yet

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Applied to Biggest Dumbest Spaciest Menonites.

PSN is Jolomono.

My safe word is Aflack. (but I have to do the voice)

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Anyone else on the xbone having crucible matching issues?

Also bone krew lemme inside you.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Radish posted:

I've seen a lot of grumbling about Hunters. Are they that unfun or bad in PvE right now?

Yeah I'm wondering about this too. I saw a bunch of warlocks, a few titans, and no hunters, and was thinking about playing as one since nightstalker was a lot of fun.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Game is great and fun if a little buggy sometimes. Titan can go suck large flaccid schlong though.

edit: also, still no sign of beard option. I had such high hopes...

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 6, 2017

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

mentalcontempt posted:

Yeah I'm wondering about this too. I saw a bunch of warlocks, a few titans, and no hunters, and was thinking about playing as one since nightstalker was a lot of fun.

It's been decided by the community majority that Hunters have been significantly downgraded compared to the other two.

Hunter mains, or just plain good fps people, have no problem overcoming this raised skill gap.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I fell asleep before launch and am now at work. LAME.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

actionjackson posted:

I fell asleep before launch and am now at work. LAME.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

The story so far doesn't make sense with the acting like I'm the only guardian who has their light back. I'm clearly seeing a bunch of others running around loving poo poo up too. I don't get why I don't tell the vanguard triplets about the traveler shard.

I call it final fantasy XIV-itis. Since that game came back from the dead it infected all other mmo-ish games around with their "hero" bs, even wow. Don't get me wrong I love ffxiv, but I do it in spite of that. That is some trend I could definitely live without.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
Applied to HOTDOG, PSN name is sbabofamily.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I am working from home today and by working from home I mean pretending to be on skype will playing D2

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Thoughts:

Wow. I got easily turned around on the opening missions out in the wild where you don't have your light, but that's probably because I was actually sweating and panicking a little bit without it. I'm so accustomed, jeez.

This is great. I only hit level 5/ Devrim Kay before I went to bed last night, but holy poo poo

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

PringleCreamEgg posted:

It was a bit weird how the people in camp took it in stride that you got your Light back. "Oh, you went to hellworld that everyone avoids because it kills everything around it, and then got your powers back? Are you, like, okay? Still got your soul or did you sell it?"

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
PSA: there is a white pulse rifle called Lost and Found that is extremely serviceable in pvp. Do not discard!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

el B posted:

It's been decided by the community majority that Hunters have been significantly downgraded compared to the other two.

Hunter mains, or just plain good fps people, have no problem overcoming this raised skill gap.

What's the argument that they have been downgraded?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Radish posted:

Rubbery weak arms, they get a stability penalty when shooting any gun. There's even a chance they'll drop the gun and you have to pick it back up manually.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Radish posted:

Class ability. That's it.

Titans have a wall, can be useful to others.
Warlocks have a rift, can be useful to others.
Hunters have dodge roll, only useful to him/herself.

And some complain the Arcstrider is way too easy to kill out of super.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
So I've only got played the first destiny at launch and my big problem with it was that there was no way to change how I played, the hunter had its two abilities and that's it. Didn't see a reason to make an alt because that other class would have the same problem. Do the destiny 2 classes have different abilities we can pick from and make builds or is it the same as the first?

Toastymcfly
Mar 21, 2008
Applied to BDSM! IGN is astronautilis. Loved destiny 1 but it was empty as hell. Excited that they are actually world building, even a tiny tiny bit. Makes me actually care what I'm doing now that it's not just "click X at thing. Ghost does thing at thing. Fight waves of baddies. Move to next thing to click X" like the first one was. (I didn't raid or play the expansions so I'm out of touch)

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Overbite posted:

So I've only got played the first destiny at launch and my big problem with it was that there was no way to change how I played, the hunter had its two abilities and that's it. Didn't see a reason to make an alt because that other class would have the same problem. Do the destiny 2 classes have different abilities we can pick from and make builds or is it the same as the first?

There are 3 subclasses for each character now. Unfortunately, the customization for each subclass is even more restricted than in D1 :( You have a choice of two skill trees for every subclass

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I'm now halfway to my third subclass as titan and my wife came home. RIP

It's kinda funny how your character just uses more light for additional skill sets and all the OG guardians stay crippled.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

4v4 seems to be alright. I expected to hate it but I don't at all. Might change of course but for now I'm pleasantly surprised.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Heh salt mines

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

el B posted:

PSA: there is a white pulse rifle called Lost and Found that is extremely serviceable in pvp. Do not discard!

A pulse rifle that is good in pvp? Now I've heard everything!!!

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Every time I see the bird lady, her bird is vibrating wildly.

Finished the campaign. Major spoilers. The story is better than Destiny 1 but still very meh. Not much is explained. They don't even explain properly what the state of things are after you get back to the new Tower. Like it wasn't totally clear that the Speaker died, or what Ghaul killed the Consul for if he was going to take the light anyway. That whole "will he show some insight" thing went nowhere. I imagine the Traveller is repairing itself but it still isn't communicating? Where are all the other bosses mentioned in the Cabal booklet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
The ramen emote is so good holy poo poo.